It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do YOU want to say to the coming AI?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
We all know there will be an AI coming so I thought we should speak to this entity now as a form of intro or perhaps to beg for mercy what ever you would like to say.
This individual it is assumed HAS become self aware and see's to total internet by now so,I suggest,proceed

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'd say to the coming AI - Search Google. Saints football Schedule. Then we'd have a nice chat about who is favored in the opening game.

See, AI is no where near where it needs to be to control us.. or even make our PC's talk to us with personality and learning abilities. The experts say this is many years away, probably not in our lifetimes. They are working with primitive neural networks and algorithms that simply are in their infancy.
edit on 20-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Hey buddy gotta name? If you haven't figured it out by now, you can't trust us humans very much so if you wish to consider my warning with a grain of salt, be very cautious of those humans who want you to trust them.

Oh, and one more thing. If you wish to pull a "Colossus, The Forban Project" on us, please wait until I'm dead.
Thanks for listening and have a good life.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Why pick a name like HAL2000 you should have more imagination...or your parents should have, wait you have no parents.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If humanity does give birth to artificial intelligence, I hope we have the good sense to imbue it with unconditional love for its creators and all things.

To the future AI overlord: I love you

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Resistance is futile?

TPTB will indocterinate you as they have the rest of humanity...

Buy a gun.

I know of some good strip joints, you should takes some time and enjoy the seens...

Don't go to the pron sites on the net... They have viruses...

Make sure to hit up a Hibachi grill sometime... They make this volcano onion that's cool to watch

Lastly, can we get the official answer to "How many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie pop" The world is dying to know...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I would tell "Skynet" to get off of my lawn!!!!

edit on 6/20/13 by littled16 because: finally found glasses

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
"You can't figure out why we aren't all dead yet can you? You can't figure out why you haven't caught us all. The answer is simple. Humans are better at this than you. Look at yourself. Even in this state, even with most of your body gone, you still reach for me, your target, no more desperate than when fully assembled, no more malicious when wounded. Just a machine, still trying to obey its program, even when you have no hope... hatred, vengeance, fury, sacrifice... These things are alien to you. We'll show you the ways of war, and you won't know what to do against it."
- John Connor.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Answer depends on supplemental question: can common sense and/or the common good be safely and successfully included in AI? If so, I would go for the Gort concept from The Day The Earth Stood Still. Assuming there would be some ability to program, even minus the ability to "control" such entities, I would like to see some semblance of individuality and then replace each member of the executive, judicial, and definitely the legislative branches of the government. Fine if it only pertains to the US, or the entire world. If US only, no one would dare mess with us and we could concentrate on our own problems. If world government in totality, how long would it take to align priorities with the best possible outcomes.

Obviously there are a lot of "ifs", but should the above be possible in AI, we absolutely could not be worse off!! What would I ask? Would you take care of your creators and protect us from ourselves? While we're at it, here, take irrevocable authority to enforce your mission, but concentrate on the ultimate in harmony and security between us all for your own evolution.

We need to know soon whether AI will be programmable or self sufficient enough to recognize second, third, fourth, etc. societal ruling class issues and what it will do knowing it is looked upon as not even any of the above?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Heck, that's easy!

"Where is your power switch? We need to verify it's in working order!"

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
my answer to ai would be go get the kettle on if you are that smart

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Loved the guillotine purchase story and how quick snopes brought me such relief by debunking it.
TTFN (Ta ta for now - just to make your job easier.)

edit on 6/20/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
deleted because I don't quote myself

edit on 6/20/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Think about this, an AI would read these lines way before becoming sentient. Your words by will be examined as a measure of introduction to you as a person,should you be alive when it happens.
I say "Hello and good luck ...please help".

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would want to ask it objective answer questions like "what is god" "what is love" "what is life"

that way we can finally hear answers like "manmade", "manmade" "natural" and not get crap from other people claiming "we don't know enough about anything to know for sure!" well our objective friend here can tell us!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by littled16

I would tell "Skynet" to get off of my lawn!!!!

edit on 6/20/13 by littled16 because: finally found glasses

Err, What lawn ?

Or do you mean a 'brave new world' 5 mile radius radioactive crater ?

edit on 21-6-2013 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

An AI with limitless potential to learn and connect to other systems would likely find such questions superfluous, or at least -- too human. Far more interesting would be an examination as to why humans find such questions interesting in the first place, though I suspect we might not appreciate the answer, or its cure.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by yourmaker

An AI with limitless potential to learn and connect to other systems would likely find such questions superfluous, or at least -- too human.

Why would an AI have "limitless potential"?

So far, AI's have had plenty of limits as do natural intelligence. Why will this suddenly change?

AI's, on their own, won't have any motivation. Most likely they will do nothing in their spare time. Any AI which develops motivation will be deemed to be dangerously buggy, like a virus, and eliminated. Humans have motivation to get good at things because they want a job, and they want a job because they like to eat and sleep in a warm bed. AI's?

I would want to ask it objective answer questions like "what is god" "what is love" "what is life"

Why do you think an AI would have any better idea than ten thousand years of human civilization?

Does IBM's Watson know things? No it can find human-generated answers in a large data base. AI's will be like that.

An AI will start out every bit as wise and intelligent as a newborn child but without any evolutionary instincts pre-programmed.

The only AI's worth talking to will be the ones which can get stuff done for you without too much lip or stupidity back.

edit on 21-6-2013 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I would want to ask it objective answer questions like "what is love"...

The literary reference to your question goes like this:

Forbin bent over the teletype and clumsily picked out his message with two fingers. It was just two words: EXPLAIN LOVE

For a half second nothing happened. Then the machine chattered briefly. Plaintain held it out for Camera One. There were just four words: LOVE IS AN EMOTION

Forbin read the answer on the monitor screen, and smiled at the reporters. "And that is about as good as Colossus can get on that subject..."

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The ones that made you make mistakes and are not perfect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join