It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you bow to Jesus?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I COULD bow to him, but I think I'll keep my self-dignity and just follow his teachings. As far as I know, he never asked anyone to bow down to him. In fact, he taught about self-liberation and freedom from oppression. If someone commands you to bow down to them, it is not love but oppression.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I will not bow down to any god that demands worship.

That to me is not a good, loving, caring god.

God doesn't demand worship or even sacrifice, not any more, it's only your refusal to bow that's the problem you see, you failed the test of the OP.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Calling upon Him, and bowing to him in prayer and worship are what we are supposed to do. But, totally breaking Commandment #2 while doing so? No.

For some reason this reminded me of a few years ago when a bunch of "Christians" got together on Wall Street to pray to God for something to do about the economy or whatever. But, they all laid their hands on the bronze bull while they were praying. It's like yeah, pray to God while breaking the 2nd Commandment at the same time. (And not to mention all the other idol worship that goes on around the world.)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Before I became a christian, no way! I used many of the same arguements against supplication as others have posted in this thread and found satisfaction in that. Since finding God and becoming a christian, I find no problem with humbling myself before the Lord. I rarely kneel to pray. I spend a lot of time indulging my understanding of 'prayer', that is, having an active and ongoing relationship with God, often through the person of Jesus, sometimes direct to God (AbbaAmma). This form of prayer does not always involve asking for anything in particular but rather just keeping the lines of communication open and being honest about who I am, what God is to me and how I feel about life in general.

During those times when life seems harsh, I rail against God, accuse him of all sorts of ill will toward me or of indifference and not caring and at those times, I cannot kneel or humble myself too well at all. If something wonderful happens or if I see clearly the results of answered prayer, I want to kneel, to offer thanks and praise and admit fault and deal with the shame I feel at having doubted.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
I will not bow down to any god that demands worship.

That to me is not a good, loving, caring god.

You did not create this world and neither did I. Neither you or I deserve to be worshiped but the one that created all does deserve worship.

I think you do not like being told what to do - that you want to be in control. Well it does not work that way at all.

Your belief will destroy you and you (spirit) will be sent to hell when you die and it will be too late for you to change your mind.

What you speak is a terrible SIN.

REPENT and ask God for forgiveness in Jesus name.

I pray that the Holy Spirit reveals to you the truth.

God bless you.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
According to the Bible Yes. However, it appears that this will only happen on Judgement day. We are not required to bow to Jesus while in the flesh. I'm not saying don't do it, if it makes your faith in Him stronger then ok.

Consider these verses.

I have sworn by Myself; The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, And shall not return, That to Me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall take an oath. Isaiah 45:23

For it is written: “As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” Romans 14:11

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Great question S&F

top topics

<< 1   >>

join