It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something MAJOR will hit the world economy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zedux

I've been waiting for the economy to crash for three years. I have been waiting to live in the wild for three years. I have been waiting for my soul to ascend for three years. I've been waiting for some big catastrophy from a polar shift for three years. I've been waiting for all the corrupt politicians to get arrested because some channelled beings apparently helped people get some government documents for a few months (although this was supposed to happen in the 1980's also). My point is that most stuff on this forum predicted will never happen. I literally don't even care anymore, and this forum seems to get more delusional each day.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
I wonder when people wlll start realizing that money is just paper and is not required to live.
[snip]
The monetary system, is not the only way to live on this planet.

I tend to disagree with you shaddow. I am trying to set us up off the grid so to speak but even without taking into account say, home and contents insurance, car insurance, health insurance, car rego, fuel and even providing our own electricity (solar panels) and our own water (2 x 22500L tanks) and our own food, we are still screwed because we have to find $160 a month for council rates (just for the privilege of living on our own land.................... Heck, while we are building our house, I asked if it was OK to live in a tent until we had he shell up and the council office worker told me only if we pay a $260 half yearly camping fee ................. to camp on our own land, I then asked if further down the track when our house was finished, how about if I wanted to take a 6 month sebbatical down the back of our property and she answered, "You will have to get a permit and pay the camping fee" my answer .................... "yeah, sure"). Back to the council fees, if you don't pay em, they can take your property

That's $40 a week that we have to find from "somewhere". I'm sure there are other expenses that I've left out, but I hope what I have put above demonsrates how governments have got us by the short and curlies.
edit on 22-6-2013 by greatfriendbadfoe because: sp

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

No one said anything about any system of social construct being infallible. That's not the issue being debated here. You dismissed the notion of people living happy and fulfilling lives in a society without an economic base. You were clearly wrong.

Was I??

Show me an example. I’m not talking about a tribe in Papua New Guinea….I’m talking about civilization.

Seems the only people crying about doing away with money are nonconformists who can’t figure out how to thrive in a free, civilized society.

Just my $.02

new topics

<< 1   >>

join