It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist Michael Hastings Was He Assassinated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Journalist Michael Hastings Was He Assassinated?

www.shtfsurvival.com

Allegations are coming out that Michael Hastings, the Rolling Stone jounalist that recently died in a car crash in Los Angeles, may have been a victim of foul play involved in his death. Hastings was 33 years old at the time.

According to the sources the story says that Hastings was working on a piece concerning the CIA, involving Wikileaks and the FBI.

This was supposedly hours before his car was involved in the fatal accident.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Journalist Michael Hastings dies in L.A. car crash (Single car crash??)
edit on Thu Jun 20 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Sources: Any source of timely information in the "alternative topics" arena is a valid web site to be used as your source, as long as it is the originator of the story. Source web sites that quote other sites as the source of the story are not allowed, and may result in the immediate removal of your submission without warning or explanation. Also, if your submission is of a political nature, only mainstream news sources are allowed. Do not use blogs or "rumor mill" web sites as your source for political news. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So now info coming out on possible foul play of the car crash that killed Michael Hastings recently killed in Hollywood, CA on Tuesday.

I dunno, the pics looks interesting and suspicious. I mean, who plows into a tree at high speed, having the car explode?

The facts looks fishy, the front end of the car being covered with a white sheet? I can see if the passenger compartment being covered (even though it would just be charred remains)... Fishy to me.

www.shtfsurvival.com

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Maybe since he hit the tree at such a high rate of speed, his body was ejected and ended up in the engine compartment, hence the white sheet. If they really wanted to hide it they'd put up a full canopy. LAPD does it when they need to.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by drivebricker

Possible and maybe probable, but the facts still look suspicious.
The devil is in the details, if we could see all of the forensics, I wonder how many unknowns would be known to us.

edit on 6/20/2013 by greatlakes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

So now info coming out on possible foul play of the car crash that killed Michael Hastings recently killed in Hollywood, CA on Tuesday.

I dunno, the pics looks interesting and suspicious. I mean, who plows into a tree at high speed, having the car explode?

The facts looks fishy, the front end of the car being covered with a white sheet? I can see if the passenger compartment being covered (even though it would just be charred remains)... Fishy to me.

www.shtfsurvival.com
That is weird? I mean why cover up only the passenger side?
From the other thread:

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Crash scene photo

***JUST A SIDE NOTE***

I wonder why everybody is jumping on the "BAD GOVERNMENT" bandwagon here? It could very well be MIC.
He did drop the ball on the attempted resource grab in Afghanistan. Who knows what he might have come across with the "eavesdropping" program. While the NSA may be using it as advertise, it does seem like a really powerful marketing tool to have a private company(ies).

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

I believe this to be an accident and nothing more nefarious. Accidents happen so often, it just so happens there was a relation to the FBI.

I really doubt it is in the best interest of secretive groups so kill in such a public fashion. Much better to just "disappear them" an let the mystery fascinate people for decades. Just like Hoffa,

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BaneOfQuo

Not so much if it was a government hit. Let's face it, it would be easier to have a person just "fall off the radar".
now let's say "IF" it was the MIC then making a public hit like this could be used as a warning to others who might be digging into the same story.

Government Hit = Not likely
MIC Hit = Possible if not an actual accident

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Naw...not likely an accident.... 4AM you see,,,that's when they awake you.
I just posted in the other thread that the title is wrong at the top of that thread......it should read...."right before they offed him"

edit on 20-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's a good article to check out: jimstonefreelance.com...

I've seen old people, drunks, idiots doing 80+ and hitting trees, houses etc. Never once have I seen an explosion or a vehicle fire like this with the engine so damn far away.

So what, I guess Mercedes suddenly is not the safe choice for the family. Is that what we are to believe? If my 25G vehicle would not do this but a 50+G vehicle will….I know what I would never waste my money on. Finding this hard to swallow. Reminds me of TWA Flight 800.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Odds are that it was a hit and I believe that it was a charge that was triggered by an attachment to his odometer to detonate at a specified (relatively high) speed (alternate scenario: remote control).

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Well I say that "IF" he was assassinated, then we shouldn't waste time trying to figure out how they killed him. We should be spending our time figuring out what they killed him for.

Let's face it, even if we did figure out how they killed him they may not use the same method again. On the other hand if he learned something getting killed over, then it's probability something we should know before it's to late.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Good point but if he wasn't knocked off hit style, then there is no reason to investigate what he was investigating. Kinda chicken-egg scenario.

Could come at it from both sides and then draw in a conclusion quicker/more effectively that way.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It looks, I only say looks like the car impacted the tree side on and right at the drivers door. Of course they likely used cutting equipment in that area as well, but the car does also looked crushed inward at that point.
The car seems to be a SLK Compressor/Kompressor/supercharger and they are very small. The Chrysler Crossfire would be similar. If the was car hit by something else, either in the back or rightside or both, the Merc could have been pushed sideways and out of control, but there is bound to be debris a distance from the impact with the tree. all the plastics, a good part one piece, are missing from the lower back end, and there is light inward damage on the rightside around the fuel filler.

edit on 20-6-2013 by smurfy because: Image.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hastings 'accident' - is there a connection to Edward Snowden, the NSA-whistleblower, Glenn Greenwald who broke the story on the Guardian and WikiLeaks/Julian Assange? My theory is that Hastings may already have had some (yet unpublished) information (through Assange?) that together with some of Snowdens infos would have added up to something much more threatening for the three letter agencies and/or the administration.

Let's try to put this in some chronological order (far from complete):

January 18 2012 Hastings interview with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is published in Rolling Stone

June 6 2013 Glenn Greenwald exclusive in the Guardian NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily

June 7 2013 Hastings last article on Buzzfeed Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans

June 10 2013 The source behind the Guardian's NSA files talks to Glenn Greenwald

June 17 2013 Edward Snowden: the US Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.

June 19 2013 Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

I would love to flesh this further out with some additional remarks and quotes but truth is I am tired (based in Europe, where it is night now). I already commented on two other threads regarding a possible Hastings/Snowden connection - check those out for some addtional thoughts through my member profile if you are curious.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

All interesting reviews. I still am left wondering if the collected isn't being used by MIC. If the NSA (and the US's allies) are only using a small part of the data collected, then why have such a large pooling of data to grab?

It's easier to find a toy boat in a bathtub, then it is to look for it in the ocean.

If as Snowden states: (from The Guardian)

Glenn Greenwald follow up: When you say "someone at NSA still has the content of your communications" - what do you mean? Do you mean they have a record of it, or the actual content?

Both. If I target for example an email address, for example under FAA 702, and that email address sent something to you, Joe America, the analyst gets it. All of it. IPs, raw data, content, headers, attachments, everything. And it gets saved for a very long time - and can be extended further with waivers rather than warrants.
What purpose would gaining all of this data and holding on to it for everyone? I understand that digital footprint is used a lot now in the Intel business, but still that's a lot of money being make on computer hard wear, Data Farms (most likely outsourced to some non-descript private company), and Property owners (Data Farm has to go somewhere)

A Private Company can really cleanup with these kind of contracts. Not to mention other benefits that can be made by data-tapping what the "Average Joe" is looking at, buying, and thinking of. If you have an insight into what is going to be the next big trend, then you can use that data to make highly informed stock purchases, company buyouts, and product lines.

The fact that these Data Farms exist, but the budget for these don't really points to a private company being contracted for them. I'm just speculating though, and all this could be for nothing, but I still think there might be something more to this.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join