It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactivity levels soar in Fukushima Daiichi groundwater, flowing into ocean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

I cant help but think this is the ONLY way. Or its a lack of imagination on my part.

Or is it just too much material?
edit on 20-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

Me thinks your watching too much television ... Kind of like throwing gas on a fire no?
I think focusing all available resources from all advanced countries is reasonable but really, do the "smart" people think that the problem is not that bad? Maybe this is why no one is calling for the sky to fall? Won't the radioactivity naturally disperse and decay? Sure, it will kill fish and renderer much of the area around the plants unusable for several hundred years but I think this is a given, just like in Russia. Will this contaminate the entire planet? I don't think so. I don't think one (4) plants can destroy the planet. If it could, I think the aliens, supposably living amongst us, would step in. So far, I have seen no "outside" help.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
They know roughly how much fuel is there, couldn't they do some calculations an figure out a good yield for a small warhead. They could evacuate the area far enough.....that wave kind of forced there hand at that anyway.
They could just burn it all up with a nuke, it has to be better then letting it burn into the ground contaminating everything. Sure it may be participated and blown into the atmo, but this stuff was in tiny quantities before they mined it.

I cant help but think this is the ONLY way. Or its a lack of imagination on my part.

Or is it just too much material?
edit on 20-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

Good God no, that would be immeasurably worse. A nuke doesn't make that radiation go away. Turning all that fuel into a nuke would simply release all that radiation in a single moment over a much larger area, rather than the slow trickle it is right now. You would run into all the same problems we are having now, and fearing just immediately.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

It's way too much material, the spent fuel rods cannot be exposed to air or else it will burn and produce enough radioactive fumes to hit the entire west coast of North America. (mainly Canada)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Its been going on for 2 years now and I personally dont eat tuna anymore because as an apex predator in the ocean they have to be getting a lot of contamination. I imagine its kind of irrelevant as the rain must be carrying it everywhere in the northern hemisphere after this long.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
fukushima had only a little more release than long island nowhere near chernobyl
why cry like bitches over nothing?
radiation (msv) released
fukushima 72900
chernobyl 200000+

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NateHatred
fukushima had only a little more release than long island nowhere near chernobyl
radiation (msv) released
fukushima 72900
chernobyl 200000+

Got a source for those numbers?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NateHatred
radiation (msv) released
fukushima 72900
chernobyl 200000+

Chernobyl and 3 mile island were contained to some degree, Fukushima is a meltdown in process for going on 3 years now with no solid plan to fix it and none in sight.It is steady contamination for potentially DECADES. There is a BIG difference and if you don't see it there is no point trying to explain it to you.
edit on 22-6-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This subject breaks my heart. It isn't just US. We're supposed to be the smartest animal on the planet? As someone who grew up on a farm, I can understand why this guy stayed behind. Cattle are NOT stupid. If your raise them as yours, then they look to YOU when there is a problem. This a newer vid of a guy I've been following. I get it... He already knows it's over. As long as they are still on their feet and need him, he'll be there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join