It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler Revealed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just found this today on The Gralien Report. They had a headline and link to the story. I of course had to check it out! I looked at the photo really good (check it out) and it does look odd (see the lady pointing) and he does look out of place.

Just thought I'd let you folks check it out also.

It's been too long since we've had a time traveler mystery to unravel. The most recent case was the mystery of the 1938 Time Traveling Cell Phone. Before that, we had the Time Traveler in 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film who appeared to be talking on a cell phone. And of course, there's the original time travel photograph that kicked off the entire fad, the infamous Hipster Time Traveler which entertained internet mystery buffs for months. All of the above cases were debunked to some degree, and it's likely there's an equally common-sense explanation for this odd photo from 1917 that seems to show a very out of place young guy in board shorts and a t-shirt sitting among a group of early 20th century folks. The strange photo appears in a assuming little book published in 1974 which of course is almost completely sold out on Amazon with the cheapest copy going for $98.00. We would love to get a look at the original of this photo. We think it's a genuine photo that just happens to show not a time traveler, but a perfectly ordinary guy who is a bit awkward and gawky looking. Maybe he lost his hat. And the out of place clothing he's wearing? The guy next to him is wearing the same type of shorts.

Source "The Top Information Post": and pictures and article : topinfopost.com...

edit on 20-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What a load of old rubbish, there are loads of people without hats...what makes this guy the focus of the time traveler conspiracy? If he had an ipad or was on a phone maybe id see the connection, but its just some guy sitting with some other people...nothing there would make me think, he must be a time traveler.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
He's wearing the same thing as the guy to the left (his right). He does look odd compared to everyone else, but I'm not the least bit sold on the time travel thing.

link   
It's true.

I can see the outline of an iPhone in his pocket.

link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

You mad bro?

Well, it's what some think "per article", "This is quite fascinating . A story begins when a couple goes into a bookstore and grabs a book; “The Cape Scott Story” which was published in 1974."

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There is quite a few threads already on this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Another mystery... Why is he holding hands with the other shorts-wearing dude?

And how did their forbidden love create the shirtless boy next to them?.
edit on 20/6/13 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY

It's been too long since we've had a time traveler mystery to unravel. The most recent case was the mystery of the 1938 Time Traveling Cell Phone.

I still recon it wasn't a cellphone but a small hand-held transistor radio. Those little things were often held up to the ear.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A Time Traveler would be rich beyond our wildest dreams. He or she would have the results of lotteries, sports events (where bets are made) etc etc. So why would someone as rich as that be mixing with a group of people such as those in the photograph? He would be with a more "Up market" crowd.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have no idea why anyone would consider this guy out of place much less a time traveler.Oh wait...is that a Delorean in the background?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
A Time Traveler would be rich beyond our wildest dreams. He or she would have the results of lotteries, sports events (where bets are made) etc etc. So why would someone as rich as that be mixing with a group of people such as those in the photograph? He would be with a more "Up market" crowd.

Ahhhh that solves the mystery of the son being a product of their unholy union... He had plenty of cash for steam powered in vitro.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
tshirts have been around since 1913 at least.

northshoreshirts.com...

they became very popular after WWII.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
While time travel has been proven to be within the laws of physics and is probably happening, if someone were to go back in time we would not know it because it would be part of our history already. What we know today has already happened. If what we knew today could be remembered, and someone went back, only then could we know it. That's my opinion on this matter. I am a firm believer in time travel and I also believe it goes on more than we know, or could know.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

who is the man behind him? thats a bigger mystery now will never know because he purposely hid his face

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

who is the man behind him? thats a bigger mystery now will never know because he purposely hid his face

The person called the time traveler seems not only to be out of place but also to be intentionally in the way of the man behind him. The man on his right is obviously somewhat startled or surprised at him. Even the one on his left is taking notice of him.

Back then if someone were seen in somewhat strange clothes, the question as to what time are you from would never be raised.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So where exactly is the idea that he's a time traveler coming from? Is it just the t-shirt?

I'm pretty sure they had t-shirts back then. The argument is pretty flimsy if that's the case.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So where exactly is the idea that he's a time traveler coming from? Is it just the t-shirt?

I'm pretty sure they had t-shirts back then. The argument is pretty flimsy if that's the case. [/quote

Read the OP

The strange photo appears in a assuming little book published in 1974 which of course is almost completely sold out on Amazon

It tells you where

Jeeze...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

Maybe the guy didn't want his picture taken? Or maybe they took the picture at the right/wrong time? It might even be more mundane than that.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

Maybe the guy didn't want his picture taken? Or maybe they took the picture at the right/wrong time? It might even be more mundane than that.

Read the OP.

It comes from a book published in 1974.

Jeeze.

That book is currently sold out (read OP) or cost $$$ used.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Lots of books were published in 1974. What's so special about this particular book that would make people assume it's a picture of a time traveler?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join