It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FUNNIEST Video Ever...Dog Chewing on Slice of Lime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
When I saw this video I didn't know what to expect...but the dog's expressions were priceless

Enjoy the short clip

Youtube source:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
More funny videos of puppies working on citruses

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am so giving some to my bulldog when I get home. Those are very funny!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Man am trying this right now

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Sourrr!!!!!
Ill be giving my lab a lime here shortly.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Awesome, i guess for dogs the citrus has more of a bite than they do.

So funny, thanks for the distraction.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
My parents have a German Shepherd....he loves to chew on bones and other objects...I have this itch to toss a ball of lime in the field for him to fetch...would love to see his expression and observe the element of hilarious surprise! hahahah

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hilarious! But you need to know.. limes and lemons are poisonous to dogs! So if you try this, make sure they don't eat it!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Great, give a poor animal something it shouldn't have to eat covered with sand and then laugh at the result... did they at least give him some water afterwards to clean his mouth out with or was he left trying to get relief with ocean water?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

Very good point made on the toxicity to dogs...but realize it is not as serious to dogs as you may think...humans do more worse to their bodies than dogs do to theirs.

Are Lemon and Lime Poisonous to Dogs?

www.ehow.com...

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to animals (ASPCA) Animal Poison Control's database of plants toxic to dogs includes lemon (citrus limonia) and lime (citrus aurantifolia).

Reason for Toxicity
Lemons and limes contain the substance psoralens, a compound that also is found in other fruits and vegetables such as celery, parsley, figs and parsnips. It is used to treat psoriasis and other skin disorders. Combined with the acidity of the fruits, psoralens can make the ingestion of lemons and limes dangerous for dogs and other animals. The oils extracted from these plants, however, are more toxic in concentrated forms appearing in insecticides, dips, shampoos and sprays.

Signs of Poisoning
Both fruits will produce the same symptoms in a dog. The severity will depend on the strength of the substance, the quantity and whether the dog ingested the substance or absorbed it through its skin. A dog might vomit, suffer diarrhea, drool and tremble excessively and show signs of ataxia. A rash also might develop, particularly in the dog's groin area. Long-term effects can include depression and liver failure, resulting in the animal's death.

Helping the Dog

For dogs that have consumed the fruit or juice of a lemon or lime, the symptoms probably will be mild. Withhold food for 24 hours and allow the dog to only drink water. This will flush the fruit out of its system. Watch for any signs that the poisoning is getting worse. If the dog has been exposed to concentrated oils through its skin, wash the animal with liquid dish soap and warm water until the smell of citrus and all traces of the oil are gone. Dry the dog and keep it warm, watching it carefully for further symptoms.

If the dog has ingested products with a strong concentration of citrus, take it to the veterinarian as soon as possible. The dog's stomach must be flushed and it will be given a finely ground charcoal to bind toxins in the stomach and prevent them from getting absorbed into the dog's digestive system.

But a one-time experimentation won't hurt the dog much hahah

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Great, give a poor animal something it shouldn't have to eat covered with sand and then laugh at the result... did they at least give him some water afterwards to clean his mouth out with or was he left trying to get relief with ocean water?

Dogs can eat worse things than sand...dirt, lawn poo, plastics, etc...they are a natural garburator.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
the starburst jellybeans may or may not give you the same results...our pug loves them...and they don't harm him in any way.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well heck, I don't want to hurt my boy. Small amounts of pickles are fine, and will probably produce the same result, so I will give that a try.

And to the poster worried about the sand? Good lord, my guy lays in it and licks it!!!! Although yes, he has water available. I hope the dog in the video did too.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Yeah, I know dogs will eat poop and damn near anything else. That doesn't excuse finding this funny when it's really a form of abuse.

And jelly beans don't do any harm? Maybe only rot your dog's teeth sooner rather than later.

Ask your vet if they think this is hilarious while you're paying good bucks to either have your 'good buddy' put down or his teeth pulled out or scaled.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Well, I do apologize, I didn't know it was bad for a dog, and not knowing that, the dogs reaction was funny. At least the people on this thread have now learned something beneficial as far as dog care goes, right? And I even did research before my post on pickles.

Jude? Jude? Are you still pushing the pet forum? This thread is a good example of how it would have been nice to have!!!!!

edit on 20-6-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I just showed the vids to a friend in Peru and apparently they hang lemons around dogs necks to prevent colds.

Fun fact of the day.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by signalfire

Well, I do apologize, I didn't know it was bad for a dog, and not knowing that, the dogs reaction was funny. At least the people on this thread have now learned something beneficial as far as dog care goes, right? And I even did research before my post on pickles.

Jude? Jude? Are you still pushing the pet forum? This thread is a good example of how it would have been nice to have!!!!!

edit on 20-6-2013 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

Hey

Still pushing yes.

Can't do it alone tho.

Many have stopped by the thread to bump but we need more....

And you are exactly right...this thread is perfect for that type of forum. I just haven't received any input from ATS as to why we don't have it yet.

Anyone in this thread can have a look here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

OP: Great vid...Thanks

Peace

edit on 22-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
New source to clip:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Your first video was removed, but the second one is FUNNY!

It gave my daughter and I a good laugh!

Thank you!

s&f

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

New link to first video:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join