It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm gonna try to kick the 'butts again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Depends on your definition of strong. I have a strong will, I'm stubborn, and I tend to follow through with things I start. I have a high threshold for pain.

but when it comes to the smokes, all it takes is someone offering me one at the right time, which I've proven time and time again. Since I tend to smoke alot when I drink, I'll be abstaining from large amounts of alcohol until I feel I'm prepared for the cravings, but there are other substances that will aid me in my quest, and I will not be abstaining from those.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Think about it like this, are you gonna simply LET YOURSELF be a slave to a little stick of tobacco? Are you too weak to throw that # away? your going to let you cravings get the best of you?
--If that is the case, then just call yourself weak driven. weak and a slave.

or, let your pride and ego be your friend through this.
And eff your friends if they offer you a smoke knowing that you're trying to quit.
quitting is really easy though man.

i would say take up chewing tobacco for a bit to quit smoking... everytime you get a craving, throw a pinch in. (bet you could only leave it in for a few minutes before throwing it out due to the burn and possibly the taste. But you will still get somewhat of a fix) then you can drop them both

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I quit about six years ago...march 15 was six years. I decided to quit after watching my mom inhale her oxygen just so she could take a drag off a cigarette.

It took me almost two weeks of cutting down gradually then the last few days I wore a patch and after three or four days of that nothing. Not a drag since but i'm too prideful for that and I knew it. After I put my last cigarette out I said to everyone that I will never smoke again and because I said it I had to follow through...but that's me. So cravings sucked but I dealt with it. The cravings lasted for two years and when they came they were strong, now maybe twice a year I get them and they really don't bother me.

I was a Marlboro red smoker, I loved smoking too but I decide I like living more.

A few months after I quit my mom died gasping for breath, no one should die that way...she was only 48. You can quit if you truly want to. Take back your life before it's taken from you.

Pick a plan and follow through with it...whether it's cut down slowly till nothing then never again, or to cold turkey it. Tai-Chi can work wonders for your stress and anxiety during the really hard cravings. So can a good long jog.

Good luck!

edit on 3-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by jiggerj

I dunno, it might be too late for me anyway.

It's never too late. It sounds like you are almost ready, but of course text can read differently than face to face. Smoking is stupid, and while watching so many people around me suffering different types of cancer, watching myself getting older, I just don't think there is any point in shortening my life anymore than I already have. I'm sick of wasting money on them.

It's funny, one day, i can go the whole day and only have 3 smokes, while having a full pack. But a week or so ago I was out, and flat broke until that night at 12 when my pay goes through, and actually rolled a few butts out of the ashtray. I haven't done that since junior high school, and while sucking that horrible horrible smoke back, all I could think of is "What the hell am I doing. Really?"

I do the same thing. We can't smoke at work and it's three hours before break time in the morning. During those three hours if I feel the need I puff on an E-cig and it's fine. I think to myself, I can skip the cigarette at break time and just use the e-cig. Then when break time comes, I freak! Just stupid.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I quit by finding something I wanted more than I wanted to smoke. Having a reward waiting for you when you kick the habit gives you something to focus on.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I quit by finding something I wanted more than I wanted to smoke. Having a reward waiting for you when you kick the habit gives you something to focus on.

I'm not allowed to talk about my reward here

Thanks again for all the replies, you guys and gals have given me a boost and plenty of ideas I didn't think about. I really want to make this one last, I think I can this time, the e-cigg for a few weeks might be the missing link that I needed last time.

Over a year and a half before I cracked, still feel like crap over that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join