Archetypal Behavior-Participation Required

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I can be an outlaw that explores the unknown while searching for the creator and seeking to create; willing to be a hero that performs magical feats while speaking wisdom; not prone to be a dictator, but like to lead; far from perfect though morally incorruptible; never been considered normal and don’t want to be; have cared for others and would do so again; currently extremely romantic and very much in love; think I am funny and like to prank people.

At anytime we can exhibit certain archetypal behavior, often without being aware. There may be some we gravitate to more than others and there are some we think we exhibit that we are mistaken.

Where do you find yourself? Try to be completely honest in your own assessment.
Which one’s would you like to have and which one’s do you wish you didn’t have? Which one gives you the most satisfaction?

For me, I would love to be able to perform illusions and magic at will, I do have precognitive skills, however I do not consider that to me magic.

I have Hero syndrome; I always want to save people from harm. I have saved many people without their knowing and will continue to do so whenever given the opportunity.

Even though I think I am funny, the humor is often lost on others. I want to make people smile and shake their heads with amusement and laugh so hard they cry; needs work.

Being able to sacrifice myself for the care of another comes easy to me; I get great satisfaction in being able to do so willingly.

Never been a bad lover or incapable of sharing bliss; for me the partner has to be satisfied completely for me to be satisfied completely. I am far from being selfish; unless you think it is selfish for me to get gratification from my partner’s satisfaction.

Morally, I am always aware of the behaviors I have that I consider lack innocence; I draw the line at willful infliction of these behaviors at the expense of others. My conscious does not allow me to hurt others on purpose, but I am far from perfect or innocent. I work on this daily to better myself spiritually.

Archetypal behavior is not really all that unique to any one person; much to learn though.

Take care and love to all,

Soul

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I was always under the impression that an archetype (jung) basically coined the term to refer to a collective human experience such as we are all born, we all get hungry, tired, thirsty, angry, happy, etc something we all experience more or less

ar·che·type [ahr-ki-tahyp] Show IPA
noun
the original pattern or model from which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they are based; a model or first form; prototype.
(in Jungian psychology) a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc., universally present in individual psyches.

dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Excuse me, is there a link that goes with the OP?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Going by that picture...

I would be an "Outlaw"
(Non-Conformist - Staying away from others and keeping my individuality being different)

and an "Explorer"
(Wisdom-Seeker: Always learning new things, just out of the pure fascination of learning something new).

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I am an Outlaw, Explorer, Magician, and Lover.

Each of my archetypes is interconnected with the others.

I am an outlaw because I refuse to allow society to dictate who I can love, what and how I can explore. I am an explorer because I push my own boundaries of consciousness to see reality from every vantage point and perspective that I can access. I am a magician because of some of the methods and tools that I use to explore reality. And I am a lover because, well, that is self explanatory.

I'd like to eventually become a Sage Ruler and Creator, so that I can shape the world into a better place for all. But that might just be my ego talking
edit on 21/6/2013 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Excuse me, is there a link that goes with the OP?

My poor old eyes, I need a bigger picture!
That was my reaction.
Try this:

I found the larger picture Here

Now that I have a picture I can read from, I'll go back and read the OP questions again.

This might also help. Since I never studied Jung, or his usages for archetypes, but I am slightly acquainted with Eliade's usage:

Eternal Return (Eliade) - Myths, Rituals, and their purpose
Eliade also explained how traditional man could find value for his own life (in a vision of where all events occurring after the mythical age cannot have value or reality); he indicated that, if the Sacred's essence lies only in its first appearance, then any later appearance must actually be the first appearance. Thus, an imitation of a mythical event is actually the mythical event itself, happening again — myths and rituals carry one back to the mythical age:

"In imitating the exemplary acts of a god or of a mythic hero, or simply by recounting their adventures, the man of an archaic society detaches himself from profane time and magically re-enters the Great Time, the sacred time."[16]

Myth and ritual are vehicles of "eternal return" to the mythical age. Traditional man's myth- and ritual-filled life constantly unites him with sacred time, giving his existence value. As an example of this phenomenon, Eliade cites church services, by which churchgoers "return" to the sacred time of Scripture:
edit on 22-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Dear pthena,

Thank you. I guess I'm not the only one with old eyes.

Here, let me save this thread. (I'm so proud of myself. :lol

Try this website:
www.archetypeme.com...
It contains a fairly quick test you can take to determine your archetype. Mine came out Intellectual, Caregiver, and Spiritual. Which I think translates, using the above chart, to Sage, Caregiver, and Magician.

What I like about this test is that it's free and offers you goodies at the end if you sign up. (I didn't.)

Feel free to send me plates full of cookies.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Where do you find yourself? Try to be completely honest in your own assessment.
Which one’s would you like to have and which one’s do you wish you didn’t have? Which one gives you the most satisfaction?

Right at this moment I'm playing the role of the heretical (outlaw) yet innocent(innocent) sage(sage) heroically(hero) seeking(explorer) out the magical(magician) message necessary to save(hero) the world(lover).

Well, I see two instances of hero in that sentence. More often than not, I end up being the tragic failure hero like Orpheus who failed to bring his wife out of Hades.

What was the moral of the exercise? Embrace yourself. Accept defeat and carry on.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I did the test you found there and came up with 31% Intellectual, 26% Spiritual, 23% Creative.... which doesn't make it real clear to me where I would fit in that image the OP has.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I took that quiz you linked to and got:

32% Intellectual (Sage)
Some people live to eat. Intellectuals live to think.

27% Visionary (Explorer/Creator)
When a Visionary gets an idea in his head, he takes it and runs with it.

21% Advocate (Hero)
Advocates are people who see themselves as the defenders of the world.

Woohoo! I'm saved from being Hero first!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

which doesn't make it real clear to me where I would fit in that image the OP has.

You have to go back to the first page before the test and click on their description.

Intellectual lists: Scholar | Professional | Sage | Thinker
Spiritual lists: Mystic | Healer | Seeker | Believer (maybe explorer?)
Creative lists: Creator | Performer | Artist | Storyteller

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Dear Bluesma,

My best guess is that those numbers would probably translate to Sage, Magician, and Creator.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Dear pthena,

Thank you a dozen times. And milk! How can I be so lucky!

But, (And there's always a "but" isn't there?) look at your own primary listing:

32% Intellectual (Sage)

So, not being a person who lives to eat, sending the cookies was no real loss to you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

There is a way to increase the size....hold down control and hit + or control and scroll mouse.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing the link....

33% Spiritual

When you’re an archetypally spiritual guy it can be hard to stay quiet all the time.

29% Intellectual

18% Caregiver

Caregiving men are focused on everyone but themselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I started to do this 3 weeks ago and could not figure out where I saw it first.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

There is a way to increase the size....hold down control and hit + or control and scroll mouse.

Now that's one to remember. It works on Chrome at least, which I'm using.

new topics
top topics

join