It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you ever want to go back in your past and change something ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted before but I'm curious how many of you would like an opportunity to go back in your own time and change something no matter how small or large or no change at all.
This may seem a hard Question to most sometimes I feel I would that chance to go back I have had dreams about this and it has bothered me because I feel I could have done better and made bad choices and then again if I did this would I ruin what I have now ? I'm an electrician for a city job 32 years now, I wanted a career in Law but my eyesight wasn't good enough then which has changed now you can wear glasses then no way. I'm just using this as an example but yes there are times when I know I said the wrong thing or did the wrong thing and hurt someones feelings. Yes I have regrets in my life and have lived with this and not fully accepting some of the damage I have done. I know part of life is acceptance but for me I want to go back knowing what I know now. But I know this will never take place only in movies and books but sometimes the dreams are so real it makes me feel that it is possible.
And one last thing I want to Add is relationships that you have or had, would you change that ? I just wanted to try this and see I don't know why Mods If I posted this in the wrong place please move to the appropriate.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Everthing I ever did (prior to a few years ago) was wrong for me. I'm 53, and when I was younger years back, NO one was talking about Autism, which I had. There is some point during each day, where I fantasize about having a time machine that actually works. I'd like to go back to where I left highschool, knowing everything I know now, about me and my life. However, I would not want the burden of knowledge outside of me (9-11-01 for example) because I would probably spend everyday in angst and unkemptness, I think, over how I could try to change these global events. That would be a terrible conundrum.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thank you for your response I feel the same.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

I take it you are speaking of "one" thing we would like to go back and change !!
I can think of several right quick like. But I think the ones most people would truely like to change are really those things which we don't have a clue what we did to get the results we would like to see come out different,

These may be the more interesting responses to this post.
I won't go into the details of mine, but I would bet there are those who would share this opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

I wouldn't change a thing. Yes, there has been good and bad, and been many mistakes and many hurt feelings along the way- some of it things that I'd love to completely erase from my memory that still cause the occasional nightmare. But everything that has happened in my life has made me who I am today and brought me to the place I am now. I wouldn't want to risk doing anything to change that, as some of the worst mistakes and worst tragedies have been the things that have taught me the most about the world and about myself.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Lots of times, but then again. If you could just go back in time and change your mistakes, would you then ever learn anything from it?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by teamcommander

But I think the ones most people would truely like to change are really those things which we don't have a clue what we did to get the results we would like to see come out different,

yeah, everything I did wrong, was because I was ignorant, immature, stunted by an impoverished and unstable upbringing, and I was (unacknowledged) sick.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The desire to travel in time says more about living with regret than anything else, something I am sure everyone on the planet has felt is the Regret of doing something or not doing.

Thats why all those pithy slogans exist "Seize the day", "Yolo"
, etc.

Entire philosophies and religions spring up based on the human ability to remember and regret.

Even now there are scientist working on forms of time travel and THEORY, all because of regret.

Personally I highly doubt a practical means of time travel to the past will ever exist. Probably better to learn to embrace regret and learn from it.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

I believe that EVERYONE on the planet has at least one thing in their lives that they would like to go back and change.

If there were a choice to change Only 1 thing it would be a difficult decision for me and I think that I could Not make a choice. So I think in my case I would leave sleeping dogs lay.

One thing to think about though .. . .. Each and every person on the planet is made up of their experiences. That includes ALL that is Good and Bad. If Anyone were to change 1 thing they may very well change their entire character.

Just food for thought.

edit on 20-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Yeah I'd go back and never log onto this site for the first time.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Having thought about this question before, I've decided "NO".

In this current timeline, I'm alive and healthy.

For all I know, a minor change in circumstances in the past would leave me dead, or crippled at this parallel moment in time. I dont know that of course, but I've decided that I'd not take the risk.

Same idea with the going back in time to kill Hitler (or whoever).
I know that at this moment in time in this universe, the world has never had a nuclear war. But changing the past leads to an unknown current situation. Of course I dont know that a change in past circumstances would lead to nuclear war, but I wouldnt be the one to roll the dice, either.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

My life pretty much went down the drain years ago when my best friend was killed in a traffic accident, so yeah I would definitely want to go back in time and prevent that even though that accident had nothing to do with me.
I would even give up my own life I could go back and save this person.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

For all I know, a minor change in circumstances in the past would leave me dead, or crippled at this parallel moment in time. I dont know that of course, but I've decided that I'd not take the risk.

Thats a really good point. It never occurred to me that, what if I went back and turned right instead of left, so-to-speak. What if I went on to get and stay in a great office type job, maybe even have a romantic partner or spouse, same, and we went on to work in one of the World Trade towers,.......................

Thats interesting. Feeling greatful about where I am now and why. Greatful, what a concept! < -no- sarcasm. )

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
No I don't....events from your past shape your future....learn from the past to become a better person (if you can).

Things happen for a reason, for whatever happens in the past will serve as a lesson and prepare you for whatever events (similar or different) that you will experience later on in life.

Live life with no regrets...but be bold enough to challenge for whatever life cook's up for you next in the future

edit on 20-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I would definitely go back and not get NAUGHTY tattooed in 4 inch letters on my lower back.

Oooohhh, if I only would have known I would grow up to become a Baptist preacher's wife

I have threatened to go and get a big X tattooed across it with "No More" and our wedding date below it.

I guess you live and you learn

~OkieDokie

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Glasgow 6 yrs old (35 now)

I was getting bullied at school.
seen him one day i was with my friend.
I kept pushing him over and his hands were scrapeing on the pavement.

Then I seen a discarded top of a cooker, the type with filement holes.
I picked it up, threw it at his head, blood was everywhere.
My father gave me the belt.

Then at 15 i ran away from a foster parents with a crappy .177 air pistol,
I was hungry so i shot a pidgeon.
It died a long agonising death.
Never shot anything again.
Total guilt for years

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I thought about doing that when I was younger, but after getting older and thinking about it over the years I have decided that I would NOT go back and change anything if I had been given the chance.

I've made some HUGE mistakes in my life that have cost me love, friendship, money, jail time and had many lost
opportunities.

That being said, I worked hard to overcome my setbacks (which I created through poor choices) and made myself a better person and now have a pretty good life.

Every experience I had whether it was good or bad made me into who I am today.

I have an excellent loving wife, 5 successful kids, a good career, own property and 2 houses.

NONE of that just happened, was given to me or laid in my lap. I worked my butt off and earned it.

I am not rich or famous but am happy with my life and that's all you should worry about.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

I would go back to change a few things. I regret a few of my actions, and I know it isn't possible, but I would. It likely wouldn't change my life one way or another, but I would love to have a chance to right some wrongs...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaytay

You mean if i can go back in time and save president kennedy from getting killed, there for explain to him that he should get rid of the IRS Illuminati ect as soon as he can because of what will happen in the future. or do you mean just my past like for example i should of taken a left instead of a right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join