It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama--religious schools are divisive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
America's puppet-in-chief has once again went on the offensive against Christians. This time attacking the Catholic education system.

“If towns remain divided—if Catholics have their schools and buildings and Protestants have theirs, if we can’t see ourselves in one another and fear or resentment are allowed to harden—that too encourages division and discourages cooperation,” Obama said.

The US politician made the unfounded claim despite a top Vatican official spelling out the undeniable good done by Catholic education in a speech in Glasgow on Saturday

It just goes to show that his hypocrisy knows no bounds. He makes a statement about Christian institutions being divisive but somehow does not realize his comments themselves are divisive. I still wonder if the man does stuff like this because he is trying to get under the skin of conservatives and the right or if he is just that ignorant.

Contrary to what Mr. Obama stated, Catholic schools accept students regardless of race or religion. Also, one study found that Black and Hispanic students are not only welcome and accepted to Catholic schools but were far more likely to take rigorous classes, graduate on time and attend college than those who went to public schools.

As President Obama makes these inflamatory comments it's becomming more and more clear that his agenda is totally out of touch with reality.

www.bizpacreview.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.sconews.co.uk...

www.heritage.org...
edit on 20-6-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

He could say the same thing about every Madrasa on the planet but he won't because oh yeah he attended one in the Philippines. D bag.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicks87

Do you have a link to Obama's actual words? Or are you just parroting what the conservative sites think about it? I'd like to see what he actually said. In context.

And the Catholics are offended? What else is new? I guess Obama should have been a little more politically correct in his statements, huh? Some people are just looking for things to be offended about.

“If towns remain divided—if Catholics have their schools and buildings and Protestants have theirs, if we can’t see ourselves in one another and fear or resentment are allowed to harden—that too encourages division and discourages cooperation,” the US president said.

I agree completely. Why aren't Protestants offended, too?
edit on 6/20/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

You took the words right out of my mouth.

He is pretty devisive himself.......oh yeah, Muslim schools, unlike other parochial schools, don't allow children of other faiths unless they convert to Islam. That must be where he got the idea that anyone who doesn't convert to his line of thinking is the enemy.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Its seems he was speaking about Northern Ireland and their problems, Implying that the prevalence of Catholic Schooling in Ireland had added to the division there.

Now more interestingly, remove religion from the argument and frankly its more disturbing not less.

Private non government schools= Bad.

Government indoctr... I mean Schools = GOOD.

When a president speaks hes not just babbling, no matter where he is he is setting policy and opinion.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Obama never lets facts interfere with whatever nonsense he is spouting. Funny with him how cultural sensitivity ends at the border of mainstream America.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

There is the exact word for word transcript on the white house website and I was going to post it here but it wouldn't make a difference for you. You support him no matter what, its in all your posts and threads so I'm not going to bother.

Some people will parrot the left's talking points no matter what huh?
edit on 20-6-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Originally posted by Carreau
You support him no matter what, its in all your posts and threads so I'm not going to bother.

I generally support him, but I certainly don't support everything he does and says. Anyway, from the paragraph posted, I agree with him. Not because I support him, but because it makes absolute sense. And I haven't heard ONE "talking point" about this, so it's pretty impossible to parrot something I have not heard.

When blacks had their schools and whites had theirs, it was divisive. Same difference with religions. Religion itself is divisive. Anytime people are divided based on certain characteristics, it's divisive. Like political positions, for example.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Walk into any high school at lunch time and look at the tables. The blacks sit with the blacks and the whites sit with the whites in a mixed school, the kids self segregate. And there's nothing the leftist can do about it. Why don't you try living in the real world instead of fantasy land?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I guess you're right...

The blacks live on the north side, the whites live on the east side and the Latinos and Asians live on the south side. This is the stereotypical spatial distribution of races in Milwaukee.

Milwaukee shares the title of most segregated city in the United States with Detroit, MI, according to The U.S. Bureau of the Census.

If the segregation in Milwaukee was not apparent enough, it shows up in the cafeteria here.

Look, I agree with Obama on this. If you don't like that, too bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Nicks87

Do you have a link to Obama's actual words? Or are you just parroting what the conservative sites think about it? I'd like to see what he actually said. In context. ...

Will the offical transcript from whiltehouse.gov be ok?

Now, some of that is up to your leaders. As someone who knows firsthand how politics can encourage division and discourage cooperation, I admire the Northern Ireland Executive and the Northern Ireland Assembly all the more for making power-sharing work. That’s not easy to do. It requires compromise, and it requires absorbing some pain from your own side. I applaud them for taking responsibility for law enforcement and for justice, and I commend their effort to “Building a United Community” -- important next steps along your transformational journey.

Because issues like segregated schools and housing, lack of jobs and opportunity -- symbols of history that are a source of pride for some and pain for others -- these are not tangential to peace; they’re essential to it. If towns remain divided -- if Catholics have their schools and buildings, and Protestants have theirs -- if we can’t see ourselves in one another, if fear or resentment are allowed to harden, that encourages division. It discourages cooperation.

Ultimately, peace is just not about politics. It’s about attitudes; about a sense of empathy; about breaking down the divisions that we create for ourselves in our own minds and our own hearts that don’t exist in any objective reality, but that we carry with us generation after generation.

My personal 2 cents is (1) He does have a point. (2) Would be interesting to see if somewhere down the line he would express his thoughts on if the same would apply to say madrasah and yeshiva schools.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Your reply wasn't clever it was obtuse and no one is fooled by it. You have no intelligent response so you play games as usual. And I'll call you on it from now on. BTW I feel sorry for your Shepherds.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I also agree with Obama on this. I especially like this part.

Ultimately, peace is just not about politics. It’s about attitudes; about a sense of empathy; about breaking down the divisions that we create for ourselves in our own minds and our own hearts that don’t exist in any objective reality, but that we carry with us generation after generation.

What is there to disagree with?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Will he go to a Muslim country and say the same about the Madras? No? Then he's a D bag.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Which Muslim country did you have in mind?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The probelm here is the people that grew up with old minset, that still infect their children with their racist ideals, consciously or sub-consciously....

i remember my mom told me to stay away from black kids(because they are bad) when i was in grade 6th... i made a black friend, he is the reason 15 yrs later i have a good paying job.

I agree with Obama. Screw religious schools!

My experience, catholic high school girls are much more *ahem* *ahem* then normal school girls.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Any, I'm not picky. But let's start with the ones that get our money. He can lecture them about the evils of religious schools, how about Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Afghanistan, Pakistan, you know the enlighten ones.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I'm sensing the pot is calling the kettle black here with regards to intelligent replies.
Just my two cents, but if you can't express an opinion without ad hominem attacks..........

BTW, I RARELY agree with BH on political topics - but BH's comments are always welcome and to the point - as well as generally respectful of others.

-OP-
Doesn't anybody here remember the Catholics and Protestants basically at WAR in Northern Ireland? When I was a kid, we had the IRA speaking at mass and begging for funds and weapons.

Seems to me you post is more than a bit inflammatory given the situation in Northern Ireland over the past few decades. I may not like O-barry, but I can see the CONTEXT to his remarks are geographic. Further, it does NOT appear he's criticizing the RC school system specifically.

Hasn't the RC Church been the primary educational administrative body in Ireland, at least up until the recent clergy abuses came to light?

ganjoa
he point

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Religious schools are bad no matter which club they follow, they cause division.
Religion should be taught at home no where else.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

BTW, I RARELY agree with BH on political topics - but BH's comments are always welcome and to the point - as well as generally respectful of others.

Her first post was prove the president said that. It was proven and she ignored that and moved on to well he is right anyway.

She is anything but respectful. Sarcastic and attacking and a hypocrite in political debate in every leftist post. You may give her a pass but i refuse to. She has not addressed the point of obama attacking one religious school and not another religion while sycophantly defending the president as her norm.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join