It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

The irrefutable fact is Jesus is not Yahoshuas name.
You only believe that because you have obviously been brainwashed into believing it by a cult.
The New Testament says, "Jesus".
Modern archaeology tells us that there was a very large Greek speaking Synagogue in Jerusalem itself in the time of Jesus, and also that the Jews then went by Greek names and only used the hebrewized versions on documents. No one then spoke Old Testament Hebrew, and saying that there were people who did is like saying that Medieval people spoke Latin when it was priests reciting the liturgy, and monks in their monasteries discussing the scriptures.
Jesus lived in Galilee of the Gentiles which was well known for its Jewish authors in the Greek language.

That's your "reason Jesus is sending billions to hell.."Those who don't "do right"..that has ZERO basis in The Truth and the scriptures.You know neither the scriptures nor the power of God.
I don't know where you get your "truth" from but it is not from the Bible.
I would have to assume that your current opinion, considering the highly emotionally charged manner and tone of you post, comes from being deeply immersed into a cult that has with it a powerful demon of delusion that possess its members.
My suggestion to you is to break off any contact that you may have with that group that is telling you these things, and to read the Bible in a calm and rational way and praying to God to clear away those demons that are blinding you to the clear message that Jesus is trying to get through in those words.
edit on 22-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The Bible, the Bible's God, and the Bible's religion stand on their own. Any resemblance to other cultures, Gods or religions is simply a result of what Noah and his sons had when they stepped off the ark, degenerated to a greater or lesser degree over time. If the Biblical story is true, and it is, we would expect this to be true. You have been misled by theologians and scholars, who have puffed you up with knowledge, but not wisdom. You have now lost all credibility with me. You pick apart the Word of God, alleging that Paul did not write this or that, or YHVH used to be some Canaanite god - is that not blasphemy? You even do this right after my post which reminded us all of God's command not to even mention the names of such "gods."

As for you last question, yes, I can separate what is literal from what is symbolic or figurative in the Revelation.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It is appointed to every man (human ) to die the first death . The first death is the transformation from flesh to spirit . Under the flesh as we are today here on earth we are constrained by time as was Jesus when he took on flesh .
The second death is a death of the spirit or consummation of that (energy ) by fire . The rule of thumb is that you can not create or destroy energy which is what a spirit is .There is no physical matter or flesh in a spirit . The casting of energy into a fire would likely have the effect of dissolution or constraining that energy.

Let us be sure of which death we are talking about .

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
One of the 10 Commandments is to set aside one day to honor Him, adore Him and to rest from work.

He made us, how good and right it is to gather together and worship our creator, to pray, to take time to think of Him. The Commandment, keep holy the Sabbath has been changed to keep holy the Lord's Day in the New Covenant.

Apocalypse (Revelation) 1:10
I was in the spirit on the Lord' s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Sunday was the day of Our Lord's resurrection. In Scripture, the written Word, the first Christians "assembled" together to worship God on the "first day of the week." "Break bread" was the earliest Christians' term for the Eucharist.

Acts Of Apostles 20:7
And on the first day of the week, when we were assembled to break bread, Paul discoursed with them, being to depart on the morrow: and he continued his speech until midnight.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

You even do this right after my post which reminded us all of God's command not to even mention the names of such "gods."
I think you are being paranoid, thinking that I read your other post to someone else before making my response to your earlier post. The posts are 13 minutes apart and it took me longer to write my post and edit it.
I didn't even read that post before just now.
Anyway, what makes you think that the New Testament canon makes everything that passed the council automatically "the word of God"?
Paul had great authority because he did say and write the word of God, and that became very inviting to forgers to borrow his credibility by putting his name on their own writings. If you can't believe that, then I think you need to get out of your bubble
You need to start reading the Bible in Greek and Hebrew and do some serious study before making accusations about other people's motivations. I'm serious and I don't mean just you. I think the more that you actually know, the less you will want to be so critical about people like me who really believed all this about the Bible and was forced to see that it is just not supportable when you consider the problems that come up in trying to read it.
edit on 22-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The questions will be answered soon . Some say that the Tribulation has already happened but they are wrong . The sun and moon will be darkened and cataclysmic earthquakes never have been seen before will happen . That has not happened yet . That puts a kink in the Historism and Preterism theories . Christ will be coming soon after we see the Temple being built . Then we will know all things .

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Paranoid? No, I was just admonishing you as a Christian brother to obey God, and not utter the names of pagan "gods." As for learning, I will remain fairly simple, and not try on my own to say what is God's Word and what isn't. I pick up themes and concepts from the Scriptures, and that is all I need. You can keep the theology...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

. . . I will remain fairly simple, and not try on my own to say what is God's Word and what isn't.
Is this something that you decided just now, after criticizing me for "picking apart the word of God"?
If that is your choice, to not learn, then please from this point on, refrain from criticizing people who have made a commitment to learn themselves because you are not in the same league.
If you understood this word of God that you are so zealous to defend, you would know that we have been freed from the curses of the Old Testament (regarding prohibitions on pronouncing names, which btw you can't do in a forum post anyway).

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . I will remain fairly simple, and not try on my own to say what is God's Word and what isn't.

Is this something that you decided just now, after criticizing me for "picking apart the word of God"?
If that is your choice, to not learn, then please from this point on, refrain from criticizing people who have made a commitment to learn themselves because you are not in the same league.
If you understood this word of God that you are so zealous to defend, you would know that we have been freed from the curses of the Old Testament (regarding prohibitions on pronouncing names, which btw you can't do in a forum post anyway).

As ever, you only respond to what you can use to belittle me, and never address my core message.

Do you not realize that when I choose to remain simple, I am saying I will believe what the Word of God says, and hold back from becoming one who always learns, but never comes into the knowledge of the Truth? I am not saying learning is a bad thing, but when you get to the point where you begin to set yourself up as a judge as to what part of God's Word is genuine, and what is not, I fear for you. I know that the coding found by Ivan Panin demonstrates that the Scriptures are watermarked as God's Word from beginning to end. If you really think I am unlearned, you might change your mind if you saw my personal library, and anyway, I do learn, I'm just saying that I hold back from the "learning" of the seminaries, the pedantic scholars, and the theologians who see YHVH as evolving from some tribal war god, or some perverted Canaanite deity. Rubbish!

Sure, we are freed from the constraints (at least the ordinances) of the OT, but I see holding back from naming pagan deities as a measure of respect for the True God. You see it different, oh well...

BTW, just what does this mean: "(regarding prohibitions on pronouncing names, which btw you can't do in a forum post anyway)"?

edit on 23-6-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

It is appointed to every man (human ) to die the first death
You are partially quoting Hebrews 9:27, except you leave out the word, "once", but retain the word, "every" which is not even in the original Greek text but is added in the translation, where it is assumed that was what was meant by the writer. The actual word is anthropos, which means, "men" or rather people in general.
The writer of Hebrews was not giving an exposition on how many times a person dies but is using something that was accepted as a common sense given, then using that to compare it to how Jesus only had to die once.
The emphasis is on the "once", and not on the "every".
edit on 23-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
christians pretty much ignore everything jesus said. they like what paul and moses have to say. jesus ahh not so much. unless he's talking about them going to heaven, # thats the only reason people run to him. that whole love your neighbor love your enemy thing ahh screw that. God is within you, yeh right jesus get real. i find it halrious hindus know more about christ than christains do. i mean they did predict him nearly 1000 years before there was even a jewish nation.

Once upon a time the subduer of the Sakas went towards the and in the middle of the Huna county (Western Tibet), the powerful king saw an auspicious man who was living on a mountain. The man’s complexion was golden and his clothes were white (Bhavishya Purana 19.22)

The king asked, “Who are you sir”? “You should know I am Isha Putra, the Son of God” he replied blissfully, and “am born of a virgin.”(Bhavishya Purana 19.23)

“I am the expounder of the religion of the Mlecchas (meat eaters and degraded people) and I strictly adhere to the Absolute Truth.” hearing this the king enquired, “What are religious principals according to your opinion?”(Bhavishya Purana 19.24)

Hearing this question of the king, Isha Putra said “O king, when the destruction of the truth occurred, I, masiha the profit, came to this country of degraded people where there are no rules and regulations. Finding that fearful irreligious condition of the barbarians spreading from Mleccha-Desha (land of the meat eaters and degraded people) I have taken prophethood”. (Bhavishya Purana 19.25-26)

“Please hear oh king which religious principals I have established among the mlecchas. the living entity is subject to good and bad contaminations. The mind should be Purified by taking recourse of proper conduct and performance of japa (Chanting Gods name). By chanting the holy names one attains the highest purity. Just as the immovable sun attracts, from all directions the elements of all living beings, the Lord of the solar region, who is fixed and all attractive (Lord Krishna), attracts the hearts of all living creatures. Thus by following rules, speaking truthful words, by mental harmony and by meditation, oh descendent of manna. one should worship that immovable lord.”(Bhavishya Purana 19.227-30)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Did you also check my spelling and punctuation . You have said much without meaning . How many times did Lazarus die?. The first death is the death of the flesh . Until you shed the flesh you have not died . Jesus is the only one who retained his fleshly body for a time only so he could be identified as the sacrificed Lamb of God .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Did you also check my spelling and punctuation . You have said much without meaning . How many times did Lazarus die?. The first death is the death of the flesh . Until you shed the flesh you have not died . Jesus is the only one who retained his fleshly body for a time only so he could be identified as the sacrificed Lamb of God .

bull#. countless yogis have risen from the dead. they retain the subtlest aspect of their bodies and are capable of recreating the physical. the flesh that paul spoke of is representative of the ego. the false self. when this is slain(crufiiced with Christ) the spirit arises.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

What is a Yogis ? I do know that when Jesus was resurrected that there were graves opened and dead people walked around Jerusalem for a period of about 2 weeks before being taken up with Jesus as the first fruits . People recognized them as people who were dead and buried . Still they would not have a fleshly body . Flesh is constrained by time and environment and decays almost instantly . Lazarus was an exception used by Jesus .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Never mind replying I just discovered your orientation to faith in your one of your threads.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a yogi is someone on the path of dissoultion or even someone who has reached that peak. between the ages of 12 and 30 jesus was learning from masters from the east in various places..egypt, tibet, etc. This is where he acquired the siddhis(not to deny his birth was different from ours, an incarnation no doubt-but still the waters of forgetfulness must be drunk when taking form in the kali yuga. Christains hate this idea, but it's even prophesied in vedic text that predate the jewish nation. and as for faith? you're a christain.. you don't understand what faith is. you confuse faith with belief

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Did you also check my spelling and punctuation .
Sorry, I meant to do several posts criticising you writings but was busy yesterday and didn't get to it.

You have said much without meaning .
I'm telling the truth that counters you theory. The truth is in the Bible but your theories just borrow words here in their from the Bible in order to make your writing look biblical.

How many times did Lazarus die?.
The Bible doesn't say.

The first death is the death of the flesh .
That is your theory.

Until you shed the flesh you have not died .
You die when you are baptized.

Jesus is the only one who retained his fleshly body for a time only so he could be identified as the sacrificed Lamb of God
Where does the Bible say that Jesus was sacrificed as a lamb?
And what in the world are you even talking about, "retaining his fleshly body" an what do you mean by "for a time".
Are you saying that Jesus doesn't have a "fleshly" body? If you mean corrupt, then no, he doesn't, but it is flesh as in it is substantial and not just an illusion.
edit on 24-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The questions will be answered soon
Everyone dies soon enough. In whatever is our afterlife, we would assume that questions will be answered. That doesn't help us now. For that, we have the Bible. Stupid cult theories are not of any help but are actually counterproductive.

Some say that the Tribulation has already happened but they are wrong
It happened in 70 AD, when the Roman legions laid siege on Jerusalem, resulting in a million dead Jews and the destruction of their temple.

The sun and moon will be darkened and cataclysmic earthquakes never have been seen before will happen
That is before Armageddon in Revelation and not directly tied with the tribulation.

That has not happened yet
So? those things are connected with old testament prophecies and we now have to see them as having their fulfilment in the coming of Christ's rule, which did take place, and fulfils what those earlier prophets meant with the day of the Lord.

That puts a kink in the Historism and Preterism theories
It just means that people need to grasp the idea that old testament prophecies are fulfilled, not literally, but spiritually. John informs us of that in Revelation by bringing the apocalypse into the present and being real in a figurative way. Grasping that may be difficult to do for some people who may find it easier to see everything literally and can't really get metaphor because it takes complex thinking skills that do not always develop in everyone.

Christ will be coming soon after we see the Temple being built
Which is not taught in the Bible. What was taught in the Bible was the rebuilding that happened after the Babylonian exile.

Then we will know all things
WE can know as much as we need to if we properly understand the Bible.
edit on 24-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

You process words and seek differing meanings by studying other men's commentaries as they see it but your reading comprehension sucks .
Christ our Lord came down and took on flesh and was constrained by everything that flesh ( we) are constrained by including the ravages of time . Yes the bible does express that the first death is of the flesh . The spirit is not encumbered by flesh after the first death . For the fleshly desires of this earth compel us to sin . After flesh there is eternity .Even before God we will not have flesh . The second death is after judgment and being cast into outer darkness after having seen the glory of God . I can only think eternity in isolation with out our sensory perceptions of any kind , lonely and rejected , able only to relive your life over and over in your mind never able to change your mistakes would be hell for sure .

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You say we have the bible, but you pick and chose what you determine to be relevant and the rest is a fraud .
I do know that in Daniel 12 Christ comes after the Abomination of desolation . Now there is given 1290 days till the Abomination is finished . Blessed is he that waiteth to the 1335th day . Old buddy that Is Jesus Christ .Jesus said If he waited too long no flesh would be saved . The difference is 45 days or 1/2 of a season .

The time of the Abomination is after the war of Gog and Magog written of in Ezekiel 38 . If you will actually read the Bible in Ezekiel 39 which gives the actions of the Lord coming back to save Israel from the AC who is about to end the False Peace he brought . By saving Israel from the being totally destroyed during the war of Gog and Magog , the AC will facilitate the building of the Temple so he can carry out the determination of God and defile it .

Read the whole bible ! Old testament prophecy is valid for the endtimes . Daniel 12 verse 12 concerns Christ coming back . Zechariah 14 is about Israels defeat during this next battle . Isaiah chapter 24 deals with the calamity spoken of in Matthew 24 verses 29 and 30 .
Get rid of those commentaries and read the bible .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join