It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

By looking for him without when he himself said that one must look within.
Christians seek an idol to worship and saviour instead of a God to follow.

That's Buddhism, not Christianity. You're trying to mix the two along with mysticism. God said not to do that.

Once again, I'll remind you that when Jesus said to look within he was talking about looking for the Holy Spirit within them, not some ego inflated imagination of your own.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Anyone who believes in Hell, Eternal Torture of the Wicked, or Eternal Destruction of the Wicked, has missed the mark. God's Will and God's Plan are to save, sanctify and glorify each and every human being. Many scriptures support this, and I have over seventy just a copy/paste away.

Jesus is the Savior of all men, especially those who believe - I Timothy 4:10.

Daniel 12:1-3

1“At that time Michael shall stand up,
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;
And there shall be a time of trouble,
Such as never was since there was a nation,
Even to that time.
And at that time your people shall be delivered,
Every one who is found written in the book.

2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3 Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

Not true, you don't read scripture in context or you couldn't possibly come to the conclusion that there will be no punishment when it has been established there shall and it will never end.

Mark 9:42 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea. 43 If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter into life maimed, rather than having two hands, to go to hell, into the fire that shall never be quenched— 44 where:

‘Their worm does not die
And the fire is not quenched.’

Isaiah 66:24

24 “And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

Transgression = sin = wrong doing. Sin against the Lord Jesus Christ (who is speaking in the entire chapter of Isaiah 66), and it's eternal punishment.

How do you sin against the Lord? You blaspheme the Holy Spirit, his Spirit, or you scoff and make fun of God. Seen a lot of people do that here on ATS.

Matthew 12:30-32

30 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
31 “Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. 32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Let us not forget when Jesus spoke it was God speaking.

Now I don't know the exact form this eternal condemnation will come in, but there is no doubt it is an unending punishment.

Matthew 25:31-46

31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Mark 3:31-35

31 Then His brothers and His mother came, and standing outside they sent to Him, calling Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him; and they said to Him, “Look, Your mother and Your brothers[e] are outside seeking You.”

33 But He answered them, saying, “Who is My mother, or My brothers?” 34 And He looked around in a circle at those who sat about Him, and said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 For whoever does the will of God is My brother and My sister and mother.”

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If you viewed that clip then you will know the truth of this.
Look at who you are praying to. Yourself.

That's self ego talking right there, not God.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Why don't you read the whole content of the text? This verse describes having the eye focus on God and not wealth and worldly things. You can't focus on both at the same time.

Half right. Note whose body, the temple of God and God is full of light.

You did not opine on if then eye be single and have no clue as to what it means so you should be the one reading the context till you can.

Where is your God? Within you or without?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

By looking for him without when he himself said that one must look within.
Christians seek an idol to worship and saviour instead of a God to follow.

That's Buddhism, not Christianity. You're trying to mix the two along with mysticism. God said not to do that.

Once again, I'll remind you that when Jesus said to look within he was talking about looking for the Holy Spirit within them, not some ego inflated imagination of your own.

Jesus was all about him and the father. But go ahead and settle for 1/3 God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

You're setting yourself up to be the loser in this battle between yourself and the God who created you.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You did not opine on if then eye be single and have no clue as to what it means so you should be the one reading the context till you can.

What makes you think you're an expert on the Bible when you claim that you don't even follow the God of that Bible?

Fail!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Jesus made it clear for some of us to understand that he is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.....

so that would be 3/3 = 1!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

If you viewed that clip then you will know the truth of this.
Look at who you are praying to. Yourself.

That's self ego talking right there, not God.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Did Jesus have an ego?

Yes he did and I conform to it. So should you.
But continue to have your slave mentality. Some never find God or the freedom of thought that he promises.

Do you want your children to always kowtow to you?
What makes you think that a God would want his children to do so?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

What's the name of your God anyway?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

You're setting yourself up to be the loser in this battle between yourself and the God who created you.

Is this the creator of perfection that you follow?

www.youtube.com...

He is about as perfect in creating as you are in creating your view of God.

You are like your creator God. You have created an ugly theology.

I asked you a question on your children above. Give an answer to that or we are done.
We will never agree on how we see god but we may find an end point and agreement on how humans should act.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I don't understand the question, can you rephrase it?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What makes you think you're an expert on the Bible when you claim that you don't even follow the God of that Bible?

Fail!!

Thanks for confirming my suspicion that you have no clue as to it's meaning.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

. . . when Jesus said to look within he was talking about looking for the Holy Spirit within them, not some ego inflated imagination of your own.

When did Jesus tell people to "look within" themselves?
I don't remember Jesus saying anything like that.

There is a person of the godhead who is called the Holy Spirit.
There is also a sort of "holy" spirit, which is a spirit that comes from God which therefore is holy.
You can tell the difference between them by looking at the word order in the Greek text.
Where the English translation always has the same order, they are in a different order in the Greek depending on which one it is talking about.
The person, the Holt Spirit does not come inside of us, but that spirit which is holy, can, in certain circumstances as described in the Bible. But that spirit in us does not make us look inside ourselves but quite the opposite, in that its purpose is to make us see others as ourselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Jesus made it clear for some of us to understand that he is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.....

so that would be 3/3 = 1!

A dishonest retraction. Thanks anyway.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

What's the name of your God anyway?

I am not an idol worshiper the way you are and have not named the God I know.
I am pleased to speak of the Godhead I know but you are not ready to hear what I say.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You're just as lost on it's meaning as this person who also claims to be God right now! The one that's trying to rewrite the Bible and it's meaning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one in their right mind is going to believe that those who don't adhere to the words of Jesus know him better than anyone else.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I don't understand the question, can you rephrase it?

What could you possibly not understand?

Do you want your children to always kowtow to you?

What makes you think that a God would want his children to do so?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Fail!!

Well he/she seems pretty knowledgeable to me on the subject... then again I am not an expert on the matter nor have I ever read a full religious book before. One thing that did stand out to me though is when you said this :

That was in reply to a comment made about idols and false worship... It has always bugged me this one because how can christians justify this when they idolize the cross he died on?

I see this kind of action no different than going to the temple of Apollo on summers solstice, idolizing an inanimate object.

BTW I'm just here to learn not be an arse... I apologize if my comment comes over offensive in any way.
edit on 20-6-2013 by RAY1990 because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If you read the Bible, you would know.

Quit talking to lower level spirits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join