It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web’s Reach Binds N.S.A. and Silicon Valley Leaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Web’s Reach Binds N.S.A. and Silicon Valley Leaders

www.nytimes.com

WASHINGTON — When Max Kelly, the chief security officer for Facebook, left the social media company in 2010, he did not go to Google, Twitter or a similar Silicon Valley concern. Instead the man who was responsible for protecting the personal information of Facebook’s more than one billion users from outside attacks went to work for another giant institution that manages and analyzes large pools of data: the National Security Agency
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/21/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So here we have it: while Facebook, Google, et al deny there's no access given to NSA on their servers - surprise surprise - Facebook's Chief Security Officer goes to work for the NSA.

We've heard that Google and other companies sometimes secretly put together teams of in-house experts to find ways to cooperate more completely with the NSA and to make their customers’ information more accessible to the agency.

Plausible deniability is out the window folks.

What say you ATS?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-6-2013 by ganjoa because: sepeling

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
They should at least off us free restore to our hard drives when they crash...

I mean, its only polite.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Well personally? I think someone may need to be making one of these graphics in the near future for the tech companies:

Who wants to start the one for Google / Facebook / Yahoo?

I'm thinking the lines between Government and the private sector which Government should most be regulating are blurring to the point where they hardly exist anymore. Although this sector you talk about in the OP is among the scariest for long term ramification and lasting impact. Even Monsanto's damage can still be reversed. What these tech companies are doing is more insidious and deeply ingrained as a part of society and our way of life. Certainly not so easy to reverse, if it'll be possible at all.

As the crossover between the companies and Government takes hold? Reversal becomes a dream, doesn't it?
edit on 20-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

FACEBOOK SECURITY CHIEF LEAVES FOR NSA POST

Perhaps this headline would have gotten more response - too bad the NY Times is so understated with their headlines! Although I guess it's their brand of spin...

@wrabbit2000 - I'd also like to see those same Venn diagrams for:
Congress/Executive Branch & "Military Industrial Complex"
DoD/CIA & "Military Industrial Complex"
FEDGOV/Congress & Trilateral Commission
DoJ/FBI/Judiciary & "Prison Industrial Complex"
I'm certain there would be lots of overlap between these as well.

ganjoa

edit on 20-6-2013 by ganjoa because: spelling

top topics

join