It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Return to Curiosity Sol 198: The "Oddworld and Abe"...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
After my previous thread about Lizard in plain sight on Sol 198, I wander on what was that strange anomaly behind the rock. Finally I understood! It's a shy Creature that look to the alien Rover that rambling in its territory. And it looks like the hero of the "Oddword" Game Plaly: ABE! www.oddworld.com...

Here the original image Curiosity/NASA/JPL link: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here Abe

And here the Martian "Abe"...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Arken, Arken, Arken ...

This time, you leave no doubt that your thread's all about fun and enjoying 'cloudhunting' on Mars! So yeah, I think I can see what you see ... kind of ... if I try really hard ... you know what I mean!

That means S+F for comedy & humor. but I do encourage you to not forget about the really strange stuff out there (remember Sols 64/107/109?) ...

By the way: with MSL's new imagery from Point Lake & Shaler, I hope we'll soon find out what this thing is: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-6-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Arken in his best Abe voice: "Hello. Follow me!"

The rest of us in our best Mudokan voices: "No!"

Oddworld is my favorite game series EVER MADE!

edit on 20-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Hi there, my friend.
Yes, this is like a hunt at the clouds.

However the available new images from Curiosity are not so detailed and sharp like the old ones...

No more panoramas, no more color....
Do you have something new that I miss?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

There were a few interesting spots and features at Point Lake, it's a somewhat distinct formation, but I was expecting some close-ups from the surroundings as well. I'll keep my eyes open and it's certainly gonna be red alert if anything catches my curiosity ...

Here's the latest traverse-map up to sol 308:

Most of the interesting stuff we saw earlier (incl. the spine-like feature from sols 107/109) is located somewhere on the traverse path between Sol 301/302 to sol 307. Probably slightly to the east or west of that path, in the middle section. So let's wait for the fullsize image uploads of those sols ...

However, I wouldn't be surprised if there were no close-ups for exactly those features and/or if Curiosity had deliberately been manouvered to drive right across and crush them to pieces!

edit on 20-6-2013 by jeep3r because: text

new topics

top topics

join