It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit cop who killed 7-year-old girl walks free after mistrial

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

well apparently they go through alot of professional training and lying. they know exactly what they are doing thats why they were hired in the first place

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch

Originally posted by Bilky
What were seeing is basically an inside view of a hit squad with badges. If the suspect had been there and bare in mind that he was a suspect and not convicted yet then they would have executed him and made up a story about a struggle. Its the fact that its a child that has thrown a spanner in the works but even so a jury finds it hard to convict a murderer? My god America is lost and gone to the dogs. I have no sympathy for Americas downfall they have brought it on themselves through saturation of violence, and people have been dehumanised. If it was an animal it would have caused more outrage but it was just another human being.

Save the cop ! save the cop! after-all, this was only a minority child *** HUGE SARCASM!!!***

HOW THE fu&&$$ck CAN THIS COP GET A MISTRIAL??? This cop must have paid off somebody somehow...

IF he ever got to prison.. WHAT to you think would happen to a white cop that killed a black child.... pity.. tsk tsk pitty!!! One day lets all hope he gets what he deserves!

Maybe friends of this this family that lost this child needs to arrange for this cop to have a "flat tire" on a road that has no video cameras and well... get my point?

WAKE UP AMERIKA! "we the people" will have to make the justice that lying crooked police and politicians/lawyers took away from us!!!!!

Where the HELL is Jesse Jackson? Where the hell is Al Sharpton? have you all taken bribes to keep your mouth shut? This would NOT have happened a few years ago!!!

NEW COP TRAINING--

shoot first, ask questions later, but KEEP SHOOTING!

even when the "brave cops" have someone outgunned 100:1, body armor, cover of darkness, surrounding of suspects, they are SOOOOO manly that it takes --------->SHOOT FIRST

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
From the OP link

throwing a flashbang grenade into the room where the girl was sleeping with her grandmother, then shooting her in the head seconds later.

Lawyers for the prosecution cited the footage to claim that Weekley shot the girl from outside, before even walking in to the building.

Weekley’s defense insisted it was just a tragic accident and that the girl’s grandmother had attempted to hit the officer’s gun.

Hard to believe within seconds of the bang, grandma stormed the window to go for the officer's gun.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestar.ranch
Save the cop ! save the cop! after-all, this was only a minority child *** HUGE SARCASM!!!***

HOW THE fu&&$$ck CAN THIS COP GET A MISTRIAL??? This cop must have paid off somebody somehow...

IF he ever got to prison.. WHAT to you think would happen to a white cop that killed a black child.... pity.. tsk tsk pitty!!! One day lets all hope he gets what he deserves!

Maybe friends of this this family that lost this child needs to arrange for this cop to have a "flat tire" on a road that has no video cameras and well... get my point?

WAKE UP AMERIKA! "we the people" will have to make the justice that lying crooked police and politicians/lawyers took away from us!!!!!

Where the HELL is Jesse Jackson? Where the hell is Al Sharpton? have you all taken bribes to keep your mouth shut? This would NOT have happened a few years ago!!!

Did you even read the article? or the comments by others here?

It's a MISTRIAL! He's going back to court again with a fresh Jury. IT's because the previous jury couldn't determine by themselves whether he should be charged with felony Manslaughter or misdemeanor level negligence. The new jury hopefully will.

Weekley’s defense insisted it was just a tragic accident and that the girl’s grandmother had attempted to hit the officer’s gun.

This is an obvious lie because the grandmother was inside the house....

The officers entered Stanley-Jones’s home searching for a murder suspect who was later found in the adjacent unit, throwing a flashbang grenade into the room where the girl was sleeping with her grandmother, then shooting her in the head seconds later.

It wasn't even the right unit. Throwing a flashbang into the wrong unit, shooting into the window at a grandmother and 7 year old girl sleeping which the bullet lands in the head of the 7 year old. Blaming the grandmother for attempting to grab the weapon.... Blaming the grandmother for attempting to grab the weapon.... Blaming the grandmother for attempting to grab the weapon.... Blaming the grandmother for attempting to grab the weapon....
Blaming the grandmother for attempting to grab the weapon....

That defence is weak and evil.

he should be charged with felony Manslaughter

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

4:20 mark (lol) Ron Paul on police search's, very interesting video overall.

Police no knock warrants assume that a risk to a police officers life, takes priority over the risk to civilian lives in the house or immediate area.

Why is the potential of catching a felon out weight the potential risk to life.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Sorry but this is no "accident".

#1. The Police raided the wrong home. If they did a little something like "police work", like Police used to do way back when- they would have known the suspect they are chasing was next door.

#2. Why did the Officer discharge his weapon to begin with? What caused him to be fearful for his safety or the safety of other Officers that he would have any need to use deadly force?

#3. How did this Officer even become aware of any threat that would cause him to fear for his life from outside the home where the shot was fired from?

Did this Officer mean to kill the little girl? Probably not. Does it matter? Not at all. Why? Because firing his weapon was not a mistake or an accident. He meant to fire that weapon and if you want to give the Officer the benefit of the doubt, he never intended to kill a child, but the firing of his weapon is not an accident at all.

So let us look at this another way. If I, a private citizen, purposely discharge my weapon and as a result of that discharge I unintentionally kill another person.... what happens?

If you think for one second I would walk away a free man- you're insane.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I've followed this one fairly close over it's course and there was, apparently, a valid question about whether the grandmother or someone else slapped or grabbed at his weapon. It's a reasonable thing for someone in her position to be doing, especially when, obviously, this little girl was within line of fire....given where the discharge DID go. I can also see why the grandmother will go to her grave insisting she never touched it. Even if she did? She may honestly believe she hadn't, given the horror of what the memory would be otherwise.

Having said that, the second charge should have stuck. Why? TRIGGER DISCIPLINE...and this is why we don't go putting fingers on triggers ..EVER...unless meaning to immediately shoot and kill whatever is in front of the gun at that instant. It only takes a fraction of a second to move the finger from a straight line along the frame to the trigger to shoot. ...I could say what I think of this "Police Officer", but it's hardly family friendly. He should have gotten the reckless discharge at the very least.

In the end though, the issue isn't about the specifics here. It's about urban combat initiated by the state to enforce any law short of chasing a killer or someone believed to be about to commit murder. ...even that is pushing it, IMO. Raids ARE urban combat. It's just 100% one sided and the people declared an enemy of the State for that action generally have NO idea how to respond or how best to avoid getting shot. Human instinct is often the BEST way to get themselves shot by doing precisely what a cop has been trained to fire on ....like the poor homeowner blown away for seeing what his door was coming down from, while still holding a kitchen knife ..in his own kitchen. :shk:

Stop the paramilitary B.S. with civilian police and things like this won't happen on an all too regular basis!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by acacko
He didn't "walk free", he's going to be tried again (at great expense) and again a mistrial declared.
The sentiment here in Detroit is that if they hadn't been hiding/harboring a murder, that little girl would be alive.

luckily, all it takes is 1 out of 12 to call "BS"

Expense shouldn't be a consideration where justice is concerned. If the price of justice is rising, add a couple of pence extra tax on tobacco, alcohol and fast food products.

That's a good one. Justice in America. Hah!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by acacko
He didn't "walk free", he's going to be tried again (at great expense) and again a mistrial declared.
The sentiment here in Detroit is that if they hadn't been hiding/harboring a murder, that little girl would be alive.

luckily, all it takes is 1 out of 12 to call "BS"

Were they harboring the person? I don't know anything about the case but it says..he was not in their home.

0, as officers executed a search warrant on the duplex her family lived in. The officers entered Stanley-Jones’s home searching for a murder suspect who was later found in the adjacent unit,

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It doesn't even surprise me that some of you are making excuses for this guy...the nerve of some of you. Disgusting, is the nicest word i can think of...you people disgust me!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How tall are 7 year olds?

4 feet?!!! Maybe.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is absolutely horrific. This 'officer' committed murder to attempt to catch a NON convicted murder suspect, a little girl at that. As for his excuse that grandma got your gun, wtf would you expect a grandmother or mother to do, if she did in fact try to hit his gun, it was because she was trying to protect her grandchild.

How the hell do you mistake a little girl for a grown man anyway? When he shot her in the head did he not think, 'this perp is really short'. ???

He should be behind bars because he took the life of an innocent when it's his job to protect the innocent. I have absolutely no empathy for the 'officer' and a ton of empathy for that grandmother who's grieving her grandchild.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

i think these targets are to blame:

communities.washingtontimes.com...
this is absurd.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
at the very least this cop should be discharged from the police force. dishonorably! he is by his own actions guilty of reckless behaviour and not fit to hold a gun.
but more of this ugly scenario will occur as governments want the people to be scared and their power diminished.
there are no limits to the depravity which most governments will go. it will get worse before it gets better. just look at the countless deaths of innocent civilians around the world which testify to this. by drone and bomb and bullet.
one day, when their taste for violence is nauseating, it will improve and people will make ploughshares out of armaments--i hope.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You awake in the middle of the night groggy and sleepy, a explosive device goes off and a man enters with a gun. My first instinct would be to protect my grandaughter by whatever means nescessary. Sadly she failed to do that and a state sanctioned marauder killed the poor little girl, snuffing out all that she was and ever would be. Oh yes those seven year old are dangerous when wounded.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The laws should be changed so that if the police raid the wrong house then they become non police and are bound by the same laws as any citizen. They become criminals.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Someone please tell me they caught the person they'd gone there after.

Or did he sneak away amid all the mayhem going on next door?
edit on 21-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Someone please tell me they caught the person they'd gone there after.

Or did he sneak away amid all the mayhem going on next door?
edit on 21-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

murder suspect who was later found in the adjacent unit

Sounds like he was apprehended.
edit on 6/21/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Aha. I missed that.

I note that the report doesn't bother to inform the public how much resistance he put up, and whether such a theatrical show of strength was even necessary.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
And if the cops hadn't performed a raid and the murder suspect killed two people while in hiding the same people would be criticizing the police for NOT doing a raid. Sounds like a tragic accident. Putting the police officer in jail does nothing. He should be relieved of his police duties and the state will be forced to monetarily compensate the family for the loss of life. No amount of money is worth a girls life but they have to give something and admit the error.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join