It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Simon Alexandra, The Water Bearer

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

You are actually correct about that.

Now listen to the rest of his Word (Jesus).

Jesus was the Word made flesh, but he still spoke of someone higher than him, just for that reason. Jesus was God, but the reason he spoke of God being higher than himself was because he was in the FLESH. Now ditch the human/fleshly notions and move higher. Keep climbing. You're almost there. God is ABOVE it all.

ETA: Including the universe. God sits ABOVE the universe, not in it.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

We are the creator, we create the universe through the power of our brains. The five senses we have make up the universe and we are all co-creators along with God.

If you weren't here right now, the universe would not exist from your perspective. Do you understand what I'm trying to say, or do you just choose to block it out and ignore it?

We are trying to help you understand dee, were not trying to deceive you. You thinking that we are is your fear coming through. Open your mind instead of keeping it clamped shut.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's not reality.

Reality is that this world/earth would NOT vanish if everyone living on it were to die today.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Probably not, but you're not thinking in big enough terms. If every living creature in the universe ceased to exist, would the universe exist anymore? No, because the universe only exists if something is there to perceive it. If there is no more consciousness, there is no more reality or universe.

Would the universe exist from your perspective if you disappeared tomorrow? No, meaning you help to create it from your perspective.

Is God powerful enough to experience himself from many different perspectives? Or is he not that powerful?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Well, Abraham doesn't know them because he's already dead and can't help them. Israel doesn't acknowledge them because they don't believe in the Redeemer. Back then a lot of the Jews thought that only being a descendant of Abraham made them worthy of being a child of God and accepting the inheritance given to Abraham, but this person recognizes the difference and knows who the Redeemer is who will lead them forward from that time on.
This is from the Old Testament. When it says "Israel", it means Jacob. The speaker is acting on behalf of the People living in Palestine and are trying to rebuild Jerusalem to its former glory before the destruction by the Babylonians.
He is appealing to the national god by reminding Him that He is known first of all as The Redeemer, in the hopes that He will repeat for them what He did for Moses and the Israelites who had been held in bondage in Egypt.

I may regret asking this, but who do you think these verses are talking about in the Old Testament when it mentions "the angel of his presence" and the "redeemer"?
That god who they believed was sending the angel that shows up in our Old Testament being labeled as YHWH.
Now you have to understand that these are stories that we have now, that are based on legends, where those who believed them, believed in them as if they were real history. The point of saying this is that you can't directly tie a particular god person to what amounted to a fictional event being spoken of as a real event by the author of this part of the book of Isaiah.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Probably not, but you're not thinking in big enough terms. If every living creature in the universe ceased to exist, would the universe exist anymore? No, because the universe only exists if something is there to perceive it. If there is no more consciousness, there is no more reality or universe.

You're trying to make life an illusion and it's not. You're not facing reality. The entire universe would continue to exist whether you're able to perceive it or not. You put too much power into consciousness instead of what is.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Like I said, you're thinking in very small terms, your perspective has been whittled down so far that you can't think in universal terms any more.

If absolutely no living thing existed, how could the universe exist? If life doesn't exist then neither does the universe! The universe IS life. You create the universe through your five senses from your perspective. You are a co-creator along with God.

Since you're such an expert, what is consciousness and how does it work? I don't think you're giving consciousness ENOUGH credit. Your religious conditioning is showing through with your inabolity to think outside the box.
edit on 27-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

I fail to see how I'm saying life is an illusion. It's very real actually, so I don't know where you got that notion from.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No. GOD is IN THE STARS - in you, in me, in every blade of grass, every fruit and vegetable, every animal, the atmosphere, the sun, the waters, the EARTH.

THIS. IS. GOD.

Participate, for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

It was prophecy, Dewey! Prophecy that you don't understand.

Unlike you, the person who wrote this story understood that the LORD that is being written about was Yahweh and the "angel OF his presence" and the "redeemer" are Jesus.

Every time something comes up that you don't understand, you claim it as fiction or a forgery.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You're limiting your thoughts and you're not thinking higher.

This is NOT all there is.

You accuse me of not thinking outside the box, yet you don't realize that you're trapping yourself into this tainted universe and corrupt body instead of trying to get past it. Climb higher!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jmdewey60

Every time something comes up that you don't understand, you claim it as fiction or a forgery.

Sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What have you ever experienced except for this life? Where is your proof that something else exists? A book put together by powerful men hardly counts as proof.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I understand what you're saying perfectly, I just don't believe the same thing you do.

One has to be true and the other has to be false.

We'll all find out in the end.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Think higher?????
*facepalm*
Lose your book. Do it on purpose, and soon. Then start paying attention. You can always go get another one.
Sheesh, Dee.
:shk:

It must really suck to be you when you wake up every morning and are still "waiting" for the "Big Guy" to come and get you. Grow up. Dad is gone. Now it's on you to carry on.

As they say "down under": Wake Up to Yourself!! and You Really Are a Gutless Wonder!!!

I feel so bad for you right now.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

It must really suck to be you and stuck in this world with nowhere else to go.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Your fear stops you from making that one extra step then.

The place of fire that Jesus warned us about is here on Earth now, and that's because of religion. It denies us our true identity and our true place. If you fear hell then you fear what's happening right now on this planet.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

No, your fear keeps you from making the step outside this universe to realize there's something more out there.

You can keep making trips back to a corrupt physical world if you want. Me, I prefer the fastrack to heaven, thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Where is your proof that something else exists?

It is waiting for you on the other side, where it belongs.

And where is your proof that something else DOESN'T exist?

“I saw my body lying on the bed, but I refused to believe it was me. How could that be me if I was standing there,” he wondered.

“We know all about you,” one said. “We’ve been waiting for you. It’s time for you to go. Hurry up.”

Howard left the room and started to walk with them down a long hallway, which was very dimly lit – almost dingy. “They took me on a very long journey through a grey space that got increasingly darker and darker,” he recalls.

Howard’s fear and apprehension grew at the same time he lost trust in his guides. “Finally it was so dark I was terrified and I said, ‘I’m not going any farther. I want to go back.”

“We had a big fight and the fight turned into them annihilating me, which they did slowly and with much relish,” he says. “Mostly they were biting and tearing at me. This went on for a long time. They did other things to humiliate and violate me which I don’t talk about.”

When Howard was no longer “amusing” to them, he collapsed on the ground, ripped apart, unable to move.

He lay there motionless for a few moments, completely spent. Then he was surprised by a small voice inside his head that said, ‘Pray to God.’

He thought, ‘I don’t pray. I don’t even believe in God.’

Then he heard the voice a second time, ‘Pray to God.’

Then he yelled into the darkness, “Jesus, please save me!”

Within an instant, a brilliant light appeared that came closer and closer. He found himself bathed in a beautiful light, and for the first time he could clearly see his own body’s miserable condition, ghastly for his own eyes to behold. “I was almost all gore.”

Immediately he recognized Jesus, the King of Kings, the Rescuer, the Deliverer. “His arms reached down and touched me and everything healed up and came back together,” he recalls. “He filled me with a love I never knew existed.”

Then he picked up Howard, like one football player picking up a fallen teammate on the field, put his arms around him, and Howard cried like a baby in His arms. “He carried me out of there and we headed to where God lives.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It was prophecy, Dewey! Prophecy that you don't understand.
Do you mean like that interpretation that you gave for it earlier?
It was like you didn't even know what testament it was in or who was talking and why, or what the circumstances were surrounding it being written. I really don't know on what grounds you claim that I don't understand. You must be just gauging it against cult propaganda. That stuff is not knowledge sorry but more like anti-knowledge.

Unlike you, the person who wrote this story understood that the LORD that is being written about was Yahweh and the "angel OF his presence" and the "redeemer" are Jesus.
Normal interpretation is that they are the same, meaning the angel and THWH are the same person. You should try reading ordinary biblical scholarship rather than outdated cult theories.

Probably no current biblical scholars in mainstream academia believes that what is described in the Torah happened anything like how it says.
Believing that the canon of the New Testament is sacrosanct is to me accepting the idea of 'might makes right' is the way God works in History, whoever can succeed in destroying everyone elses holy books wins.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh be quiet Mr. Dodger. You've totally failed to answer a simple question that I've asked you twice now. Why are you afraid of my question? Did it stump you?

I'll ask it again: what is one belief you have that the religion of Christianity doesn't already teach? Don't hurt yourself trying to answer it. Or you could just continue to ignore it like you have been.

Mr. Contradiction is my new name for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join