It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSP- High Sensitive Persons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I have been called a "sensitive" by many people because i can feel the room as soon as i enter it. Sometimes it makes me feel sick and i get flashes of what happened in the room. Im by no means a medium and i cannot see the dead, i can just feel the room..

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My oldest child has ths to an extent. It's both amazing and heart-breaking. And, well, it's been pretty exhausting helping him navigate the world. Let's face it, we live in a world of sensory overload. For example, many children his age like to play suspenseful or somewhat violent video games or watch action packed movies. He just can't. It's far too stressful or upsetting. We also have to be very careful of our own emotions and tone of voice as he is so susceptible to them. Don't get me wrong, he's a great kid, does well in school and has lots of friends and activities, it's just...hard.
edit on 6/24/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
My oldest child has ths to an extent. It's both amazing and heart-breaking. And, well, it's been pretty exhausting helping him navigate the world. Let's face it, we live in a world of sensory overload. For example, many children his age like to play suspenseful or somewhat violent video games or watch action packed movies. He just can't. It's far too stressful or upsetting. We also have to be very careful of our own emotions and tone of voice as he is so susceptible to them. Don't get me wrong, he's a great kid, does well in school and has lots of friends and activities, it's just...hard.

I know what you mean. My parents felt they had to be walking on eggshells most of the time. I didn't understand why- being gentle, speaking in a lowered tone of voice, being graceful and conscientious all seemed "natural" to me and I couldn't understand why they found it trying. Yelling, exploding, banging things indiscriminantely is not something I have any need or tendancy to do. But apparently some people find not doing it a huge effort in self discipline. (this is very evident for me living in a mediterranean area, with the latin culture!)

Two of my three children inherited this, and the eldest was the most difficult because we just could not protect him from the world, and to him it is a very violent and aggressive place- so he can come off as very defensive unecessarily.
With my youngest, his teachers used to call me in and say there was something wrong with him because if another kid got hurt, he would cry too.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Okay, you just hit a nerve with me... with the Princess and the Pea analogy, but not just that... it's the whole description you give of being "hyper sensitive" to other's feelings to the point that you cannot feel correctly while other's around you are feeling incorrectly...or something like that. Sorry, I'm sure this would make more sense IF I had only "quoted" you... I am just not a big poster and am unfamiliar so it was easier to comment.

This entire thread however has completely captivated me, especially from the beginning where you are expressing the connection with animals. In my particular instance however it is almost never a "positive" experience... I am especially sensitive to aggressive animals of ANY kind and seem to "freak" them out and "cause" them to react... it's awful, really.

I've often expressed a "feeling" while praying for others ..similar to being "Plugged in" to them... like if they were ill I felt sick, if they were sad, my heart broke, or if they were anxious I also took on their feelings of "panic".... don't know if you are a believer of prayer , but this really reminded me of past experiences I've had.

I definitely connected on so many levels however with EVERYTHING you were saying...

THANKS for the thread, cannot wait to Google this!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join