It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporations are a bigger threat to you than the gov...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lanisius

nope.

see, corps write the law. then they bribe politicians to pass them. or they extort them. remember, companies like google track everything you do online. if a corp doesnt like how you vote, they will fund ads against you and fund your opponents. you lose.

ever heard of "hr blacklists"? online.wsj.com... Youre young and tick the wrong person off. Now youre on the "blacklist" and cant get a good job anywhere. you lose. a corp may not put you in jail, but they can make it so you wish you were in jail in order to get feed and medical care.

why has legislation to prevent employers from looking at your social media as part of the employment process?

the ceo is in it for all the money he can make, as quickly as he can make it. he wants to drive wages and standards down to chinese levels. its not illegals you have to worry about taking your job, but the chinese.

btw, the free market isnt free. china rigs the game left and right. they dont have to worry about safety issues or environmental concerns like we do. theyve rigged their currency. they take our intellectual property and give it to their own companies, which then make the product which is then bought by the chinese cheaply because by law they have to buy chinese first. in addition, they dont pass tests required for u.s. made products. steel from china doesnt hold up like it should for example. americanmanufacturing.org...

also, there is the tariffs imbalance. products imported from china to the u.s. are taxed 2.5%. exports from the u.s. to china are taxed (by china) 25%.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

LOL raise the taxes to 50 percent? It's already at fifty percent for the wealthy. i audit rich people income everyday. They pay a whole lot of taxes. The problem is special interest groups don't have to pay high taxes like the rest of the rich people, but it's only in selective cases.

To fix the problem you would have to create a flat tax at 10% across the board and issue import taxes. That way all the manufactures would have to return to the US. We would thrive. It's very easy to fix. But it will never happen because the NWO agenda is to destroy America and whore her out to the rest of the world in order to unite the world together under a global governance.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst1

the flat tax is a joke. as an auditor, you should know that.

say the tax is 10%. A makes 10k and B makes 100k. A pays 1000 and B pays 10,000. which of the two can most afford the tax? which of the two makes out like a bandit. this proves the "flat tax" is unfair to the poor.

"I hope that we crush ... in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Thomas Jefferson

"Another means of silently lessening the inequality of property is to exempt all from taxation below a certain point, and to tax the higher portions of property in geometrical progression as they rise." -Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The corporations ARE the government. Without corporations, there would be no government. Without the government, there would be no corporations.

“Corporations" is a misnomer. The problem is found, at its roots, as the imperfect economic system.

Supply and demand. The economic law.

Its everyone's fault.

Self sufficiency and independence is our salvation from the beast. But, the beast has to allow it.

edit on 21-6-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Yeah but... it's easier to hug a gun barrel while chanting "DOWN WITH OUR TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT!!" than to confront the reality that those who do in fact control you are those you cannot touch.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
(Mods, if in the wrong place, please place where it belongs)

Here's why corps, and their ceos, are worse than the gov.

The corps write the laws, and give themselves nifty loopholes, then get their lobbyists to convince a politician (bribed by way of campaign contributions) to get it passed. They rig the game, and you lose. "Bank lobbyists are not leaving it to lawmakers to draft legislation that softens financial regulations. Instead, the lobbyists are helping to write it themselves." dealbook.nytimes.com...

Ceos that do major layoffs get bigger bonuses. "A new report concludes that chief executives of the 50 firms that have laid off the most workers since the onset of the economic crisis in 2008 took home 42 percent more pay in 2009 than their peers at other large U.S. companies." www.nbcnews.com... So you get fired, and the ceo takes your pay, all in the name of saving money. Yet no money is saved, cause the ceo just took it.

You are now the figurative slave to the corp. For example, Walmart put out an ad saying "over 60% of Americans shop" there. Here's what they don't tell you. In some states Walmart is the largest employer. Walmart employees are also the largest collectors of Medicaid. "In Missouri, where Wal-Mart is the largest employer behind state government, the state’s social services department determined Walmart employees outnumbered all others with employees and family members enrolled in MO HealthNet, the state’s Medicaid plan, in the first quarter of 2011." www.politifact.com... So here's how it works. You have to work there, because they have the most jobs. They have cheap goods because they pay so little. You're forced to shop there because you cant afford to shop elsewhere. So really, they are just loaning you the money they will get back.

If ceo pay and minimum wage had remained parallel since Reagan, minimum wage would be $33 an hour. "Dube [Dr. Arindrajit Dube, a University of Massachusetts Amherst professor] went on to note that if minimum wage incomes had grown over that period at the same pace as it had for the top 1 percent of income earners, the minimum wage would actually be closer to $33 an hour than the current $7.25." www.huffingtonpost.com... If a company is willing to pay minimum wage to begin with, how much less would they pay you if they could?

Let us not forget the banking scandal, libor, and the new one "Granted Bail" (www.abovetopsecret.com...) just posted up. None of them go to jail, and we give them huge amounts of money.

Just a few examples, so how do we fix it.

1. We cancel "Citizens United" and reform finance laws. Corps aren't people.
2. Bring back Glass-Stegall and break up the banks and mega-corps like Walmart.
3. Raise taxes on the rich. Before Reagan, taxes were over 50% and there were tons of rich people, and people getting rich, a strong middle class, and the econ grew steadily (not boom and bust like now). Higher taxes forces those at the top to make a choice, reinvest the money or take it and pay out the nose. Most reinvest, giving the corp enough money to afford little things like raises, healthcare, and other benefits that they are cutting left and right in order to pay for the outrageous ceo pay and bonuses.

Just a few ideas. What say you?

I say absolutely but these things can't happen as long as our nation is run by thieves!
Our problems our not that hard to fix but it is hard to get those in power to fix them!
Can any of you imagine what the American revolutionaries would do if they were here today?
Today nothing will change with this country till TV, drugs and alcohol disappear!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst1

LOL raise the taxes to 50 percent? It's already at fifty percent for the wealthy. i audit rich people income everyday. They pay a whole lot of taxes. The problem is special interest groups don't have to pay high taxes like the rest of the rich people, but it's only in selective cases.

To fix the problem you would have to create a flat tax at 10% across the board and issue import taxes. That way all the manufactures would have to return to the US. We would thrive. It's very easy to fix. But it will never happen because the NWO agenda is to destroy America and whore her out to the rest of the world in order to unite the world together under a global governance.

Are you saying that America is the Whore of Babylon?
The beast is the NWO?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

The big corporations ARE the government.
I'm fairly sure Mussolini said something about that...
"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, as it is the merger of corporate and government power." - Benito Mussolini. And this gem "The truth is that men are tired of liberty."

Took the words right out of my mouth. Other than the actual term - form of government - that more accurately describes what we have, here in the U.S.: Corporatocracy

S&F. and F.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why in these threads does no one ever mention Wallstreet? The shareholders take a big chunk of the earnings these days. There are hedgefunds (the 1% lives here) and the shareholders (your retirement) that must be paid.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Anyone who believes in the moral minimum, which is "law", then you are joking yourself. Publicly traded corporations answer to shareholders. Shareholders are the public. CEOs of major publicly traded (Wallstreet) corporations are controlled by the public shareholders. Greedy shareholders want more money, and are willing to share the profits with the person at the wheel, therefore CEOs are always looking to create profits for their public shareholders, or else he/she is fired.

Now, the originator of this post is no one I know. I don't troll around this board very often. I'm in a funky mood. So I'll just say this. Corporations as a whole are more ethical and moral than any government every has been or will be. Government attracts power hungry people, corporations attract money hungry people. I'd rather someone tell me to my face they want money, than someone smile at me and tell me they only want my vote.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You are absolutely correct, corporations and corporate lobbying are in no way a democratic process, they buy your politicians either directly or by becoming major political financial backers through surrogate individuals and then they manage to get none democratic policy's and bill's enacted by government.

There behaviour is appalling in human right's, land grab's, social destruction in the name of progress (there financial progress) and ripping off there customers once they have destroyed or consumed there competitors.
They should be regulated with an internationally agreed maximum size allowed but that would put the FTSE 100 in the S**t so that will never happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We were Warned in 1976 a movie called Network no one seemed to notice no one seem to care...
it just a dream go back to sleep .......

The World is a Bussiness !!!

Watch and see!!

Network -- Corporate Cosmology

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

They used to be controlled and chartered, and were disbanded when they no longer served the public good, like when the public works project they were chartered to accomplish was finished, they were gone.

Somewhere along the line the corporations were granted personhood, with all of the rights and protections of a real person, but being a "legal FICTION" which is artificial.

Governments and corporations are both legal fictions, and can only do business with legal fictions.

So if you want to know what happened, start by finding out how YOU YOURSELF were reduced to a fictional person they can do business with.

Bring aspirin, it will hurt your head.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"I hope that we crush ... in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Thomas Jefferson

And yet Thomas Jefferson endorsed the monopoly granted to John Jacob Astor, the Pacific Fur Company.

President Thomas Jefferson. Jefferson pledged wholehearted support to the establishment of claims to the Oregon Country. Governor Clinton issued a charter for Astor’s new fur company in April of 1809.

The War of 1812 ended Astor’s plans for the Pacific Northwest. Despite the loss of Astoria, Astor had little cause to regret the War of 1812. Through his connections in Washington, D.C., Astor continued to trade for Canadian furs. Marketed in New York, Canadian furs made Astor enormous profits.

www.thefurtrapper.com...

Did anybody think political/corporate insider trading was a new invention? Want to sell that fur you trapped, President Jefferson and Governor Clinton said their buddy Astor needs his piece of the pie.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Why in these threads does no one ever mention Wallstreet? The shareholders take a big chunk of the earnings these days. There are hedgefunds (the 1% lives here) and the shareholders (your retirement) that must be paid.

ah, the shareholders arguement.

some facts.

the top 1% control 50% of stocks, with the top 10% controlling 90% of stocks. thinkprogress.org...

shareholders are saying "no" to excessive pay packages now. www.bloomberg.com...

remember tho, that the ceos all sit on each others boards of directors, so they have an interest in giving their buddies a raise, as it means a better raise for them latter on.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

i agree with you mostly,... you cant really fear corporations MORE than the government because now days they ARE the government, i dont believe it was always like this but today it certainly is... politics definitely oversteps its bounds on a daily basis... big business itself isnt a bad thing, big business is the reason for most of the jobs in this country... the BAD things about big business is usually the leadership. its not the business. its the corrupt CEOs who run the business that wanna cut as many corners as they can and screw over their employees and dump toxic wastes into rivers, things like that...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
How can one be a bigger threat than the other if they are one and the same?

Because they haven't always been one and the same. The corruption of the system came from the corporate side to begin with.

It's an important distinction and if we don't keep it in mind we will never be able to correct the system. The OP had some excellent ideas and I would add complete public funding of all elections, with a limited (say 3 month) period for campaigning (not the endless campaigning we have now).

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
How can one be a bigger threat than the other if they are one and the same?

I would add complete public funding of all elections, with a limited (say 3 month) period for campaigning (not the endless campaigning we have now).

i agree with this idea.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
hey look, another new scandal concerning the banks and corps.

finance.yahoo.com...

seems the ratings agencies lied about the worthiness of the bonds the banks were swapping to trick the share holders. thing is, the banks knew the bonds were worthless, which is why they took out insurance so that when they failed, they would still get paid.

the banks committed fraud, lost your money (and got paid to do it), got paid with your money (and got paid to take it), and didnt go to jail. nice.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
reply to post by Lanisius

see, corps write the law. then they bribe politicians to pass them. or they extort them. remember, companies like google track everything you do online. if a corp doesnt like how you vote, they will fund ads against you and fund your opponents. you lose.

why has legislation to prevent employers from looking at your social media as part of the employment process?

I was 100% correct. Your words above even prove it.

If the corps have to influence a person in govt then it's the govt that has the ultimate control and power. We have to pin blame and responsibility of failure where it lies, with the G-O-V-T. But it's all the rage to say "The corporations ... blah blah blah". Bad govt is the problem ... period.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join