It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pain inflicted upon the American people is above partisanship. It's about FOOD now.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Main reason I am no longer a Republican. And from what I see their hatred is only growing.

Really just because a program get's cut mans they 'hate' people ?

Seriously?

People really need to grasp the fact that throwing money at them doesn't mean they care especially when one read stuff like this:

Food stamps and Medicaid make up a large--and growing--chunk of the more than 100 million recipients. "Among the major means tested welfare programs, since 2000 Medicaid has increased from 34 million people to 54 million in 2011 and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps) from 17 million to 45 million in 2011," says the Senate Budget Committee. "Spending on food stamps alone is projected to reach $800 billion over the next decade."

www.gopusa.com...

800 billion over the next decade, 45 million Americans on Snap.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, no one is using SNAP benefits at a strip club and the only things that it will buy at a liquor store would be a food item in a side display. The law as well as policy already pre-sort, segregates and restricts at the register, which items can physically be rung up under the Food Stamp benefit program and which can never be covered by it. You'll watch people get 2 differnt totals, if you are behind someone using it. One covered by food stamps and one payable in cash.

The days of paper "bills" are long gone. Those days, when people bought a pack of Top Ramen for $0.20 to get $0.80 in real coins back in change ended by the use of the card.

Now there may be a fair debate to be had for what other benefits come on those cards. When I'd filed for unemployment and before being declined a couple years back. I was 'issued' one of those cards. Same card I've seen others carrying for TANF and SNAP benefits. No difference to it. So, reform of other programs may impact the same card but the way those benefits can or ever are used are radically different by the whole structure of the system. (Yeah... I've heard about fast food being permitted to take them in some instances...and that's a reformable issue. It doesn't require dumping people off food support wholesale.)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So then, as I stated in my thread about border security, terrorism and surveillance, why do they talk about related issues as if they have no connection? Or not talk about them in the same sentence?

Shouldn't food subsidies be a topic of discussion when CONSIDERING legalizing 12million illegal immigrants who will more than likely be utilizing those food stamps? I mean 12million more will want to come for the free pizza and beer - oh yes you can buy beer with food stamps - unless someone somewhere grows hair on their balls and talks about these things in terms of reality. Oh you can buy cigs too. Go figure. (I use food stamps generically. There's lots of programs with different names)
edit on 19-6-2013 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
When I'm in line at the register to buy a replacement part for one of my toilets and the woman in front of me in the 15 items or less line has 3 separate orders on the conveyance belt because, 1 pile is paid by her food stamp card, 2 pile is paid by WIC card, and 3 pile is paid by her debit card. The whole time she's talking on her smart phone and her nails are professionally done. When I get to the parking lot she loading the groceries into a full size SUV with spinner rims.

I'm going to guess there may be some fraud/waste/abuse in the food stamp federal program and I have no problem with cutting said program.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

So the problem is not the food support but the general setup that in part (a very small part by my view of things) but not in its totality can be seen as supporting unplanned reproduction.

One thing that I still have a problem is why you equate food security with successful reproductive sex, the line can be clear in free range animals but it starts to become fuzzy for instance when we start to go to livestock and ultimately humans, where the connection as society interests is not as prominently about the creation of breeders.

Humans have minds, they will game any system toward their own goals, what I find problematic in your rational is the sublimation you do to the problem to forcibly fit one of your issues with society.

I do not think that the cause of unplanned and avoidable pregnancies comes from having food safety, it wouldn't be even in my top 10 motivators (and I have listed some on my first reply and ways to deal with them). Taking your example to the ridicule, think about Africa they in general have no food safety and reproductive rates are still high (as they were in Europe, now in a general deficit).

For instance one of the benefits of Germany in the present economic turmoil is not even about the economic gains it is reaping but in the demographic changes it promotes across the EU.

Now reverse the issue, who benefits from increased demographics, especially in Western nations ? Think about that, hint (consumerism, taxation, increased competition for jobs and still to a point military interests )

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

When EBT cards are being used at stip clubs, and alcohol retailers well I'm just not seeing the 'outrage'

Sorry.

Are you stating or asking?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Really just because a program get's cut mans they 'hate' people ? Seriously?

Left the party couple years back. Not cause of this.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Neo, no one is using SNAP benefits at a strip club and the only things that it will buy at a liquor store would be a food item in a side display.

Um ok sure they aren't.

abcnews.go.com...

www.floridatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I have seen this all too much. I live right by a housing community for the poor basically.

I see this every day, being from this neighborhood i can tell you its one of two things.

Someone working off the books to collect public assistance still, or someone selling drugs and still collecting.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That is the Problem, with ANYTHING the Government has its hands on.

Rampant Fraud going hand in hand. Its sad that the majority may not be abusing, but..........

I wonder how many Millions are? How many are trading for things like drugs also?

I have seen this first hand.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

They are limiting the locations where you can take your cash assistance off at. Probably to curb the temptation to spend it stupidly.

You can not purchase alcohol tobacco or strippers with food stamps.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by AQuestion

There are still plenty of family owned farms, ranches and dairys. The current administration is not friendly to small business. No doubt the revised law will cause even further consolidation of these industries. I'm sad for our small farms. Say goodbye to even more organically grown and antibiotic free foods.

Dear MsAphrodite,

Organic farms benefit more from food stamps than they do from subsidies and that is why organic farms will hurt more. A reduction in food stamps means that the people who use them will have even fewer choices.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your link proves my point and supports the distinction. The cuts represented by this 2 billion are food support and assistance. They never, ever come in the form of cash a recipient can withdraw. It simply doesn't work that way. You're talking about other programs that are a part of the same card program for disbursement.

As I noted...had I been approved, my unemployment benefits would have been delivered on the SAME EBT card Missouri issues for Food Stamps, TANF (Welfare) and other programs distributed by State Government.

They aren't cutting those in this, just the food segment of what is distributed by that card. You can cut off the EBT from being used from every ATM, anywhere, in any business. It won't change a food stamp recipients use one bit, either way.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

if i'm not mistaken some ebt cards you can draw cash back.
here is a link for Michigan.

Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)

How will I get my cash benefits?

Answer: You will be able to make cash purchases using the Bridge Card at retail locations that display the QUEST logo. You will be able to ask for cash back with a purchase and some retail locations will offer cash back without a purchase. This will be up to store policy. Look for the QUEST logo or ask a store employee if the Bridge Card is accepted. You will also be able to use authorized ATM locations displaying the QUEST logo with the dollar sign to make cash withdrawals.

How will I get my cash benefits?

so they can get cash and buy what ever they want.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
America has no idea what's coming their way. I live 30 miles from Mexican border. Virtually all illegal immigrants and their families are taking advantage of SNAP -- not to mention just about every other government handout that's available in the U.S.

Case Worker: Illegal Aliens Got Food Stamps by the “Vanload”

source : www.judicialwatch.org...

Remember, "an army marches on its stomach." This country is under siege.

F.T.G.

edit on 20-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You see this is another way the federal government shows their brilliance. So they can't make cash withdrawals at gaming parlors, tracks, OTB, where ever, but they can make them prior to entering them and use that cash to, well, bet, gamble, play the trifecta.

I'm all for making the ultra wealthy pay more and for corporate America pay more and for throwing all the crooks in jail, but I'm also not for people living on public subsidy using that hard earned money by others, for this crap. That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

As I noted...had I been approved, my unemployment benefits would have been delivered on the SAME EBT card Missouri issues for Food Stamps, TANF (Welfare) and other programs distributed by State Government.

Then that is part of the problem the multipurpose 'welfare' card

They aren't cutting those in this, just the food segment of what is distributed by that card. You can cut off the EBT from being used from every ATM, anywhere, in any business. It won't change a food stamp recipients use one bit, either way.

Like I said when the us price fixes via agriculuture subsidies, and put's icing on the cake via foodstamps

Then there is this ' little deal' that investmentwatchblog.com...

Food stamps is corporate welfare just has a hipper rap.

No offense meant or implied here just a difference of opinions is all.
edit on 19-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I mentioned professional baby factory women specifically. I want them to be hindered in the social welfare department. That's my primary concern with welfare abuse.

Misnomer? Extremely unwarranted personal attack, and quite a bit presumptuous. My post is solely regarding professional baby factories who abuse the system simply for the pay-off. Period.

Or are you in favor of women who have children for the sole purpose of a pay-check? Because that was the specific of my post,... it was not regarding any other people.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
SNAP and cash assistance are both on the same Access card. 2 separate programs and to qualify for cash assistance you have to go to a class once every 6 months and turn in a minimum of 20 job applications a month, with proof, 1 application a day every day of the business week. It's not easy to get either benefits and it's embarrassing as # to use them. I know we had to be on them when my wife lost her $100k a year job and I was staying home with our disabled son's. Some of you ignorant fools need to go educate yourselves. Maybe you should actually apply and see how hard it is to get approved, and if you get approved go hang your head in shame when you pull that card out to feed your children.

Swear I could slap some people so hard their lips would be on the back of their head.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
reply to post by neo96

You see this is another way the federal government shows their brilliance. So they can't make cash withdrawals at gaming parlors, tracks, OTB, where ever, but they can make them prior to entering them and use that cash to, well, bet, gamble, play the trifecta.

I'm all for making the ultra wealthy pay more and for corporate America pay more and for throwing all the crooks in jail, but I'm also not for people living on public subsidy using that hard earned money by others, for this crap. That's just my opinion of course.

Yeah well I have a long history of not supporting the violation the 5th amendment rights, and civil liberties of a minority so the poor can go out and buy more corporate products.

Because all that is doing is lining corporate pockets even more.
edit on 19-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join