It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pain inflicted upon the American people is above partisanship. It's about FOOD now.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
reply to post by Kgnow

So the problem is not the food support but the general setup that in part (a very small part by my view of things) but not in its totality can be seen as supporting unplanned reproduction.

One thing that I still have a problem is why you equate food security with successful reproductive sex, the line can be clear in free range animals but it starts to become fuzzy for instance when we start to go to livestock and ultimately humans, where the connection as society interests is not as prominently about the creation of breeders.

Humans have minds, they will game any system toward their own goals, what I find problematic in your rational is the sublimation you do to the problem to forcibly fit one of your issues with society.

I do not think that the cause of unplanned and avoidable pregnancies comes from having food safety, it wouldn't be even in my top 10 motivators (and I have listed some on my first reply and ways to deal with them). Taking your example to the ridicule, think about Africa they in general have no food safety and reproductive rates are still high (as they were in Europe, now in a general deficit).

For instance one of the benefits of Germany in the present economic turmoil is not even about the economic gains it is reaping but in the demographic changes it promotes across the EU.

Now reverse the issue, who benefits from increased demographics, especially in Western nations ? Think about that, hint (consumerism, taxation, increased competition for jobs and still to a point military interests )

Not a direct motivation. When you have a disconnect of responsibility from actions, you get more irresponsible behavior.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TSMITH57
Very narrow minded sentiment and obviously someone who hasn't been affected by The Great Recession. Personally, I served in the military for 12 years before being laid off due to budget cuts. I made a VERY comfortable living in the military. I found work after military service and was laid off from that job after 4 months. I have now been unemployed for 7 months while trying to feed a family of 4. Yes, I am on food stamps. Most of the people I served with that were laid off by the military are on food stamps. McDonald's is not hiring. I have applied to over 50 jobs per week on average and for the last 2 months I have even applied to jobs that I considered "beneath" me in High School. Everyone that has managed to keep their job seems to be under the impression that people struggling is due to laziness. I can assure you that is not the case. Until very recently 84 hour workweeks were the norm for me. It's nearly impossible to get anything these days. I'm now looking for work that pays less per week than I'm accustomed to being paid per day and I still can't find a job. If not for food stamps, my family would go hungry.

The military does not "lay off" people. You mean that you were not offered reenlistment? Offered an early out on your contract? (That comes with a bonus.)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Governments need (not only want) more people (taxable units of production and consumers).

I'm all in for feeding the people a minimum staple that prevents starvation (nothing fancy required) and taxing reproduction.

One might get some objections to that. By entitling people to a food minimum you loosen control over them (not lost, in some people it will even increase dependency) you also create a responsibility to perform (you will have to get the people feed) but at the same time because in this setup we are inverting the problem (not the system) you break it because your economics depends on generating more people (people that are willing to work).

In most of social Europe health care is a right and operates more or less towards the goals of increasing survivability and reproduction or the work force, the downside is extended lifespans and aging populations. This is another example how Germany is benefiting from the Euro crisis it is not only getting negative interest in getting financed but the demographic changes it generates toward more active economies...

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This thread will be discussed tonight at 10:10pm Est tonight on Reality Remix.

Join ATS Members SheepSlayer247, Adjensen, NoRegretsEver, Druid42 & Beezer for two hours of their take on threads past and present right here on ATS!

Reality Remix

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join