It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I have just noticed that there seems to be a shiny (wet?) strip across the road around the spot where car may have lost control.. ( about 20 meters before the spot where this guy is attempting to hose the burning vehicle)
see @ 51 sec mark.
blogs.laweekly.com...

Now my Spanish isn't great so I have to go on the translation in the interview but he said a couple of things that struck me as odd: like " This guy looked like he wanted to kill himself "

Anyway just some thoughts ..

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by BanTv
Since "speeding" is why some people are shrugging this off as 'oh well he had it coming', let's logically think about this.

It's 4am. The only people on the road are:

A.) A few people with legit reasons to be on the road
B.) Drug addicts
C.) Cops

You forgot D.) People who like to speed. If you want to go really really fast in the big city there is no better time than in the early hours of the morning.

Agreed cripmiester; if we're going to fully examine this incident that must be included.

As I noted earlier:

One potential cause that you left out from your very logical post is something I mentioned yesterday and got zero traction: Perhaps a pedestrian was crossing Highland Avenue when Hastings, driving at high speeds, noticed the pedestrian and knowing he wouldn't be able to brake in time, swerved out of the way and instead of hitting a pedestrian, he hit a tree. If this is the scenario, many will ask where is this pedestrian; I'd suggest the two most basic explanations: the pedestrian was undocumented or the pedestrian just didn't want to get involved.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Perhaps this "pedestrian" was the guy with the hose ? Maybe he knows more than he let's on ?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

Possibly; to me the most logical explanation in the potential pedestrian scenario is that they left because they didn't want to get involved (reasons could vary -- whether because getting involved would: cause them to be late for work, reveal their immigration status, violate terms of probation or simply don't want to get involved); might also explain the beer bottle in the median. Who knows... I'm not advocating that scenario but advocating that the pedestrian scenario be included in this discussion.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Best not to contact Wikileaks, they are NWO

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

As I noted earlier:

One potential cause that you left out from your very logical post is something I mentioned yesterday and got zero traction: Perhaps a pedestrian was crossing Highland Avenue when Hastings, driving at high speeds, noticed the pedestrian and knowing he wouldn't be able to brake in time, swerved out of the way and instead of hitting a pedestrian, he hit a tree. If this is the scenario, many will ask where is this pedestrian; I'd suggest the two most basic explanations: the pedestrian was undocumented or the pedestrian just didn't want to get involved.

The eyewitness in this TYT interview says Hastings was speeding, hit a pothole and lost control.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiddencode
Best not to contact Wikileaks, they are NWO

Oh, please.

And even if you wanted to you couldn't from ATS because they censor the link. Just try it,

Wikileaks.org When you click it the "wiki-leaks.org" part magically gets changed to underscores and the link will take you nowhere. (I had to put that hyphen in the name because just typing it without using the link button reduces it to underscores. Try it. "wikileaks" itself is okay but add the .org bit and it's ash.

Ah, yes, ATS, sticking it to "da man".... yeah, right.

The place is CRAWLING with disinfo agents. It's a joke. It's probably hosted on a US government server so they can keep an extra close eye and potentially problematic plots and people.

On a Hastings note. I believe Julian Assange obliquely referenced Hastings in the speech he was supposed to give yesterday. A "security situation" prevented him from delivering it but Wikileaks(.org) published it. I'd give you the link but, oh, gee, ATS says you aren't allowed to have it. Here's the relevant section:

And by trying to crush these young whistleblowers with espionage charges, the US government is taking on a generation, and that is a battle it is going to lose. This isn’t how to fix things. The only way to fix things is this: Change the policies. Stop spying on the world. Eradicate secret law. Cease indefinite detention without trial. Stop assassinating people.

edit on 22-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
reply to post by BanTv

GREAT post BanTV!!!

One potential cause that you left out from your very logical post is something I mentioned yesterday and got zero traction:

Perhaps a pedestrian was crossing Highland Avenue when Hastings, driving at high speeds, noticed the pedestrian and knowing he wouldn't be able to brake in time, swerved out of the way and instead of hitting a pedestrian, he hit a tree. If this is the scenario, many will ask where is this pedestrian; I'd suggest the two most basic explanations: the pedestrian was undocumented or the pedestrian just didn't want to get involved.

Personally I have many questions about Hastings tragic end, but believe that the most logical/common possibilities must be included in the discussion in order to have a fair discussion about Hastings death.

Very possible as well! Was a beer bottle actually found on scene? Haven't thoroughly looked into all this. If a bottle was there, it obviously wasn't the drivers. It either was already there or dropped. The thing with it being dropped though, is that no one is going to drop a beer on purpose. No one is going to toss a beer in the grass and run off either. The only thing I could see is if it was dropped out of shock/surprise. Meaning, if someone was standing close to where an accident happens, I could see someone dropping a drink from being startled, but was it found in a spot that would make sense for someone to be standing? As in, not 5 ft from the tree.

I also came across a website that mentioned neighbors heard explosions. Not to say it wasn't blown up, but that's not proof of anything. There's been a couple major accidents close to my house over the past 10 years, and they sounded like explosions. Mature palm trees and telephone poles aren't very forgiving apparently.

One last thought. I read that he might have lost control after speeding through an intersection that has a dip/bump in it. If that is the case, can it be proven that he had driven on that road before? If he had been through that intersection before, he would have known to slow down if he was conscious. You remember where really bad pot holes, bumps, and dips are in your area. Some are fun, some you know you better slow way down. If he was going 60+ through an intersection he knew had a big dip/bump in it, something was wrong with him.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Have to correct this to reflect what I have since read/heard...I don't think we have heard the last of this one. Single car accidents do happen- I was in one a couple of years back. Bad washboard road with washboards over a foot deep. Wheel caught in one, and flipped our SUV before we knew what happened. We were doing less than 30 mph, so I can imagine what would've happened if he had been doing 60+. I will be watching to see what happens with this story.
edit on 6/23/2013 by SweetKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Driving that fast running red lights is running from or to something, a death wish, drugs or heaving drinking. Why run when he knows there is nowhere to hide unless he was racing to do something that someone's life depended on. A death wish if his wife was being tortured. Drugs/drinking possible but doesn't vibe with work emails and communications or unless there was forced injection. In that realm of politics when there is a price on your head, true accidents are rare. IMO

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
On a Hastings note. I believe Julian Assange obliquely referenced Hastings in the speech he was supposed to give yesterday. A "security situation" prevented him from delivering it but Wikileaks(.org) published it. I'd give you the link but, oh, gee, ATS says you aren't allowed to have it. Here's the relevant section:

And by trying to crush these young whistleblowers with espionage charges, the US government is taking on a generation, and that is a battle it is going to lose. This isn’t how to fix things. The only way to fix things is this: Change the policies. Stop spying on the world. Eradicate secret law. Cease indefinite detention without trial. Stop assassinating people.

edit on 22-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

Interesting take. Also, maybe since WikiLeaks had already rocked the boat with their Hastings/FBI tweet which the media was quick to put down as - wait for it - conspiracy rumours earlier they felt they would be ignored by too many media outlets if they brought up another Hastings reference? Just a thought..

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by someoneinnyc
Driving that fast running red lights is running from or to something, a death wish, drugs or heaving drinking. Why run when he knows there is nowhere to hide unless he was racing to do something that someone's life depended on. A death wish if his wife was being tortured. Drugs/drinking possible but doesn't vibe with work emails and communications or unless there was forced injection. In that realm of politics when there is a price on your head, true accidents are rare. IMO

Or he was an asshole driver with a sporty Mercedes....Jesus how can people keep ignoring the most obvious option.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
FWIW, one of Michael's close friends is in possession of Michael's laptop with what he was working on and has hidden it. He and Michael's wife are gathering people to help dig up solid information that he was assassinated. The funeral was held a few hours ago so now they're investigating this as best they can in the hopes of putting a case together to take to the government and the press.

In the interests of supporting this guy I am going to refrain from giving a link, I hope you understand. But he and Michael's wife and friends are deadly serious about getting enough evidence to hang the government on this one.

They're currently seeking access to get his name added to the Wikipaedia page of journalists assassinated for political reasons. Assassinated Journalists
edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

FWIW, one of Michael's close friends is in possession of Michael's laptop with what he was working on and has hidden it. He and Michael's wife are gathering people to help dig up solid information that he was assassinated. The funeral was held a few hours ago so now they're investigating this as best they can in the hopes of putting a case together to take to the government and the press.

In the interests of supporting this guy I am going to refrain from giving a link, I hope you understand. But he and Michael's wife and friends are deadly serious about getting enough evidence to hang the government on this one.

They're currently seeking access to get his name added to the Wikipaedia page of journalists assassinated for political reasons. Assassinated Journalists
edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

Considering his wife already spoke to MSN and Rolling Stone via letters expressing that it was a horrible accident, we're gonna need you to provide a link. I'm calling BS until you do.

And every journalist assassinated on your list in America was done via conventional methods.
edit on 23-6-2013 by raifordko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by raifordko

Whatever. Sorry, can't.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

reply to post by raifordko

Whatever. Sorry, can't.

Then I think you're full of crap. If the dude has a page out on the internet you aren't protecting anyone by not cross linking it because anyone would be able to eventually find it. The reason you won't link it is because it's probably not true.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
No, I won't link it because it's a private site that has his contact email on it. If I link it so everybody that wants to sees it, they can email him any old rubbish and that is not going to help their investigation, is it. You can call bull# on it, that's fine, but the bottom line is, i can't, in good conscience provide that link. I only mentioned it because I thought it was significant to this thread.

"And every journalist assassinated on your list in America was done via conventional methods." - maybe because they're conventional people. You were expecting something else? It's Wikipaedia ffs.
edit on 24-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

No, I won't link it because it's a private site that has his contact email on it. If I link it so everybody that wants to sees it, they can email him any old rubbish and that is not going to help their investigation, is it. You can call bull# on it, that's fine, but the bottom line is, i can't, in good conscience provide that link. I only mentioned it because I thought it was significant to this thread.

"And every journalist assassinated on your list in America was done via conventional methods." - maybe because they're conventional people. You were expecting something else? It's Wikipaedia ffs.

It has no relevance to this topic because you made it up. And I said conventional because people in this thread are talking about remote controlled cars, missiles etc. It's much easier to just shoot someone and get away with it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Okay, it's not like I demand you to believe anything I post. In fact, I encourage you to do your own research rather than take anything on face value and you're certainly entitled to make your own mind up so calm down. I posted some info, you choose not to believe it. That's AOK. Shall we get back on topic now?

BTW, I think I misunderstood what you were saying re: the Wikipedia site and maybe vice versa. I was just saying they're trying to find out how to get access to that page because they'd like to add Michael's name to it. That's it.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

Thanks Archie, I was hoping his wife would find the strength to investigate despite her tragic loss.
Brave lady (and friend) ...
I wish them well

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join