It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
There doesn't seem be any proof that it wasn't an accident but i ask you, how many of these thing's happen to people that are in the middle of investigating Governments or Corporations? It's ridiculous. My gut feeling, and i have very good instincts, is that he was taken out, 100%. This is just a coincidence to far for me, his past in bringing down McChrystal is extremely significant in this case, im sure he is sitting there with a huge grin on his face. Schmuck........

See my post above. Two eye witnesses saw him driving wrecklessly and smash into a tree...so your gut may be 100% wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
There doesn't seem be any proof that it wasn't an accident but i ask you, how many of these thing's happen to people that are in the middle of investigating Governments or Corporations? It's ridiculous. My gut feeling, and i have very good instincts, is that he was taken out, 100%. This is just a coincidence to far for me, his past in bringing down McChrystal is extremely significant in this case, im sure he is sitting there with a huge grin on his face. Schmuck........

See my post above. Two eye witnesses saw him driving wrecklessly and smash into a tree...so your gut may be 100% wrong.

How do we know those witnesses weren't planted along with the beer bottle on the grass? "Loud Labs"? That sounds like a place where bombs are tested.

Infact I wouldnt be surprised if the "speeding car" shot was a CGI job. I wonder if there are any surveillance cams in that vincinity that would have captured him speeding as well?
edit on 21-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by raifordko

Maybe, perhaps, sounds like, and all the other words real investigators are learning to hate, he was watching that "Top Gear" program on BBC America - that could explain why he was inspired to attempt driving like that.
on a major busy street
risking his already at risk life for a thrill

OR MAYBE - it would be possible to rig a car like this, we would like to begin by knowing the model and year of the car to know something about how a car that brags about its great safety could even burn like this.... I mean it is def. not a Crown Vic, if you know what - well if you know anything about cars and crashes....
ahem - In Theory it would be possible to rig the electronics to allow remote control of the throttle and cause loss of control in just the right spot.
Do any of you know that a "Conspiracy Theory", any theory, is what real investigators use to hang "facts" on to "prove" the real - oh forget it. Anyone who does not know the basic elements by now is obviously avoiding the truth to hide something. How easy will you make it for the bad guys to play dumb to get away with anything?

"Oh yeah, you and what Army, Billy?" comes to mind

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I still have many, many questions about this, but find it strange no one brought up the notion that maybe someone was walking across the street and Hastings swerved to avoid hitting them and wound up colliding with the tree. That person could have been an illegal immigrant who didn't want to stick around to give a statement; could also explain the beer bottle.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Disappeared in plain sight. What department specializes in that?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

www.youtube.com...

Car's explode when they hit stuff going fast. I can't take your CGI comment seriously. Two eyewitnesses saw it happen in real life, not on a television screen.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordonthegood9
reply to post by raifordko

Maybe, perhaps, sounds like, and all the other words real investigators are learning to hate, he was watching that "Top Gear" program on BBC America - that could explain why he was inspired to attempt driving like that.
on a major busy street
risking his already at risk life for a thrill

OR MAYBE - it would be possible to rig a car like this, we would like to begin by knowing the model and year of the car to know something about how a car that brags about its great safety could even burn like this.... I mean it is def. not a Crown Vic, if you know what - well if you know anything about cars and crashes....
ahem - In Theory it would be possible to rig the electronics to allow remote control of the throttle and cause loss of control in just the right spot.
Do any of you know that a "Conspiracy Theory", any theory, is what real investigators use to hang "facts" on to "prove" the real - oh forget it. Anyone who does not know the basic elements by now is obviously avoiding the truth to hide something. How easy will you make it for the bad guys to play dumb to get away with anything?

"Oh yeah, you and what Army, Billy?" comes to mind

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe.

Maybe this guy is just an asshole and drives like a douche.

gawker.com...

And this is a video of him running a red light several minutes before the crash:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-6-2013 by raifordko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
strange coincidences... move along, nothing to see here

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

I would find this so much more funny if I had more then 2 dollars to last to the end of the month. I just spent my last 10 on ale to numb the pain of listening to you all. Playing dumb IS being dumb. WHO said that? I am told I can not say - even my very name is now classified Above Above Top Secret - which of course means, Ipso Fucto, That I AM THE STORY!!!
As of now I AM the Greatest Story Never Told. I can not be allowed. I need come up with a new emoticon for this, something so hungry it can hardly go on breathing, fire?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

If you look at the car the whole front end is missing...not wrapped around the tree...gone...kaboom.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So it shows a car...cuts out....and then it shows a person following it...nothing to see here....

Now, if you look closely, you see that there is a hydrant that was hit 'prior' to hitting the pole...he was off the road for a bit before he hit...pushed from one lane to another maybe....

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
So it shows a car...cuts out....and then it shows a person following it...nothing to see here....

Now, if you look closely, you see that there is a hydrant that was hit 'prior' to hitting the pole...he was off the road for a bit before he hit...pushed from one lane to another maybe....

Only there are no skid marks or parts of another car at the scene. It looks like he jumped a curb and plowed into a tree. Throwing the word "Maybe" around in your context is quite duplicitous.

Now you could pull the argument "NO SKID MARKS MEANS SUICIDE OR MURDER". Or it could just mean the guy drives like an asshole and jumped the curb and plowed into a tree because he was texting his latest source about how he was going to stick it to the man with new info he had. If he was forced off the road, the car and taxi drivers would have seen another car push him off the road...all they saw was a guy drive past them like a moron and then wreck into a tree.

Edit: Also the hydrant is about 3 feet from the tree/pole. A car going as fast as eye witnesses and video show him going would easily knock out a hydrant and hit a tree with enough force to destroy the car.

The paparazzi also did NOT know he had filmed the car running a red light until after he reviewed his dash cam video. He was monitoring police bandwidth, which you can hear in the car. That is what made him go to the crash scene.

Breaking news photographer Scott Lane happened to be less than a mile from the scene of the crash, and shot video of the fiery aftermath.

Video taken from his car’s dashcam also caught Hastings’ Mercedes minutes before the crash, speeding through a red light.

More than 30 seconds pass after Hastings’ car goes by, and no other cars pass through the intersection.

“There’s no cars that are following him,” Lane said. “He flies by and 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds goes by… No cars are following him.”

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
3 feet from the pole...nope, it is a bit farther but maybe you like to lie about measurements? and besides, what does it matter to you? It was a simple assumption of what could have happened. You sound like someone who hated this guy....and you trust what everyone else says as if it is the word of God.
edit on 21-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
3 feet from the pole...nope, it is a bit farther but maybe you like to lie about measurements? and besides, what does it matter to you? It was a simple assumption of what could have happened. You sound like someone who hated this guy....and you trust what everyone else says as if it is the word of God.
edit on 21-6-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

Then you are blind. At the 56 second mark of the video you can see the hydrant is less than a car length from the tree. Sure 3 feet was a slight stretch, but it is clearly less than 10 which is still plenty of room to hop a curb.

I also was a fan of this guy. What I now dont like about him is that he appears to have been the typical "im important i drive a mercedes i can do what i want" So-Cal driver.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko
reply to post by Foobler

www.youtube.com...

Car's explode when they hit stuff going fast. I can't take your CGI comment seriously. Two eyewitnesses saw it happen in real life, not on a television screen.

If it was indeed a huge gasoline explosion which caused the fireball it would have have come from the gas tank. And yet this picture clearly shows the gas tank laying behind the car is in solid condition:

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Holy Cow!
Great Catch....

Im not sure whats going on.
I just watched a video that kind of translated the hispanic witness, they described the car as being on fire before it ever hit the tree.

im just scratching my head on this one

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This has CIA written all over it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad
reply to post by Foobler

Holy Cow!
Great Catch....

Im not sure whats going on.
I just watched a video that kind of translated the hispanic witness, they described the car as being on fire before it ever hit the tree.

im just scratching my head on this one

Link, I googled it but came up with nothing.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
bumped off

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
'Murder? Most likely, in my opinion'. I love that. You have ZERO proof of ANYTHING, but you've already determined that murder was committed. I can't wait for your FAX program to debut. You're gonna be HUGE!

Not a murder. An assassination. It's quite a different situation altogether. But what's the point in explaining the difference, or picking apart the semantic meaning of words? You've already made up your mind. This young journalist, who was intelligent enough to be a threat to the powers that be, accidentally crashed into a tree due to entirely unsuspicious circumstances.

Move along, nothing to see here. Just another road fatality. Let the War Machine march on in peace.
edit on 22/6/2013 by TheAnarchist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join