It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO A Go-Go, Truth about GMO's exposed..Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I like this video, It's show us what is really going on in the GMO world..

If you can't watch this video, I apologize..

but my typing skills suck and I will not write a review,,,

but it says this where I got it from..

The film was created by Kirk Rutter of Infomatic Films and animated by Paul Davies. The video covers all the basics on GMOs, including how they're engineered, why they kill the things that eat them, and the disastrous health effects they've been linked to in humans. It serves as both a reminder of the facts to those who already know about GMOs as well as a great primer for people new to the subject.

edit on 19-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

but my typing skills suck and I will not write a review,,,

Just write GMO = POISON

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sponsored by NATURALNEWS.
That would be why I found a lie in the first 25 seconds.

"is nutrition getting you down?"
Making the claim that GMO is related to lower nutrition levels in food.

(ignoring the stupid bit about insect genes and fish genes being delicious)

and at 52 seconds
"..we're irradiating everything you eat, so you'll never have to absord a single nutrient ever again"

Stopped watching at that point.
Its a shame that the anti-GMO crowd cant actually talk about issues that are real, and have to make stuff up.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

you should have watched it all,

even a guy like you can still learn the truth..

these things really happen..

just because you don't believe it..

does not make it false...

Google the part about India's farmers suicides..

here, I'll do it for you..

www.globalresearch.ca...
edit on 19-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Every American should watch this....we are all #ed.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Its not a matter of belief, its a matter of fact.
Making a GMO version of a food source does not lower its nutrition level.
There is nothing whatsover inherent in the GM technology that causes nutrition levels to lower.

Dont need to google it, theres a thread on here almost every week about it.
And again, there is nothing specifically inherent in the idea of changing the DNA makeup of an organism that we eat, that causes Indian farmers to kill themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Randomly jumped to the middle of the video just as I finished posting the last thing I wrong, and instantly found myself listening to another lie.

At 5:03, it talks of spreading the "gmo goodness around" by the wind, "accidental cross pollination", and then goes on to say that if its in your crop that "you've got to pay" etc...

This was specifically refuted in the Percy Schmeiser court case, where every single person in the court, including the Judge, has stated that this is simply not the case.
Furthermore, in the recent Organic farmers vs. Monsanto trial, the organic farmers could not cite a single example of where the above scary story had ever actually happened.

Its all simply not true. The video just lies to you about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Ah, Natural News.

The people who tell me to avoid medication while simultaneously trying to sell me medication.

'Stop buying expensive pills from Big Pharma and embrace a natural lifestyle!

NOW BUY A DOZEN BOTTLES OF OUR PILLS, WHICH ARE EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE! YOU NEED AT LEAST EIGHT A DAY TO STAY HEALTHY!

ALSO, TRY THIS TOTALLY INEFFECTIVE BUTT CREAM AND WE'LL GIVE YOU A 2% DISCOUNT ON THE $70 RETAIL PRICE!
'

Gotta love the irony.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Ok. It's just more anti-GMO nonsense.

“The issue of farmer suicides is not just entirely a farmer issue, or rural issue, or a village issue — it is a much more broader political-economic problem,” said Raju Das, a developmental studies professor at York University.

While the spotlight is on farmers, forgotten is a suicide crisis among Indians where the suicide rate is twice as high for the general population and even higher for young females.

The issue of farmer suicides first gained media attention in 1995 as the southern state of Maharashtra began reporting a significant rise in farmers killing themselves.

But in 2008, the International Food Policy Research Institute, an alliance of 64 governments, private foundations, and international and regional organizations that aims to end hunger in the developing world, reached an entirely different conclusion.

“It is not only inaccurate, but simply wrong to blame the use of Bt cotton as the primary cause of farmer suicides in India,” said the report, stating that the introduction of Bt cotton in India had actually been effective in producing higher yields and decreasing pesticide usage by nearly 40%.

news.nationalpost.com...

edit on 6/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

and at 52 seconds
"..we're irradiating everything you eat, so you'll never have to absord a single nutrient ever again"

Its a shame that the anti-GMO crowd cant actually talk about issues that are real, and have to make stuff up.

Actually, GMO is related to lower nutrition levels in the crops that are grown. But since most the GMOs that anyone eats are in processed foods, and are mainly constituents of the foods, it's not like that is a big deal.

And as much as I AM anti-GMO, I cannot endorse anything Natural News says. A few years ago, Mike Adams had a good site there. But he went from reporting interesting facts to exaggerating to forming unfounded conclusions to yes, almost lying at this point.

Anti-GMO people don't need to make anything up - they just need to avoid Natural News as their source of information and thus make themselves an easy target for deconstruction.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Randomly jumped to the middle of the video just as I finished posting the last thing I wrong, and instantly found myself listening to another lie.

At 5:03, it talks of spreading the "gmo goodness around" by the wind, "accidental cross pollination", and then goes on to say that if its in your crop that "you've got to pay" etc...

This was specifically refuted in the Percy Schmeiser court case, where every single person in the court, including the Judge, has stated that this is simply not the case.
Furthermore, in the recent Organic farmers vs. Monsanto trial, the organic farmers could not cite a single example of where the above scary story had ever actually happened.

Its all simply not true. The video just lies to you about it.

Clearly you haven't bothered to go any deeper into any of that, and are skimming the surface of the loudest headlines. There are farmers who have been sued, in the hundreds. Percy, being the poster boy for this, is kind of like proving Crop Circles are fake because "Doug and Dave" did them.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

There is nothing whatsover inherent in the GM technology that causes nutrition levels to lower.

And again, there is nothing specifically inherent in the idea of changing the DNA makeup of an organism that we eat, that causes Indian farmers to kill themselves.

Um - there is something to cause lower nutritional levels. The very fact that GMO technology works by blocking receptors of phenylalanine and tryptophen so that the plants don't react to roundup is lowering of nutritional levels since phenylalanine and tryptophen are two amino acids that are NUTRIENTS as far as the human body is concerned. And like B vitamins, amino acids often work as a group, now you have three (I forget the name of the other one GMOs block) that are not in GMOs and throw the group out of balance, plus you're not getting those three nutrients anymore.

link   

Um - there is something to cause lower nutritional levels. The very fact that GMO technology works by blocking receptors of phenylalanine and tryptophen so that the plants don't react to roundup is lowering of nutritional levels since phenylalanine and tryptophen are two amino acids that are NUTRIENTS as far as the human body is concerned. And like B vitamins, amino acids often work as a group, now you have three (I forget the name of the other one GMOs block) that are not in GMOs and throw the group out of balance, plus you're not getting those three nutrients anymore.

link   
reply to post by thebtheb

There are farmers who have been sued, in the hundreds.

And what have they been sued for? Reselling seeds? Well yes, the seeds are patented after all.
And guess what, that isn't exclusive to GMO seeds.

WHEREAS, Pioneer investigated reports regarding CPSC and
purchased a quantity of soybean seed from CPSC (hereinafter, the
“Purchase”).
WHEREAS, samples of seed from the Purchase were taken and tested,
confirming that the seed sold by CPSC was Pioneer Soybean Variety
93B82.
ia700504.us.archive.org...

93B82 is a hybrid, not a GMO
www.google.com...
edit on 6/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
There are farmers who have been sued, in the hundreds. Percy, being the poster boy for this, is kind of like proving Crop Circles are fake because "Doug and Dave" did them.

I never said that nobody had ever been sued.
I said that nobody had ever been sued for the specific reason claimed in the video - that of wind blown contamination.

And if there are "hundreds", then why couldnt the Organic Farmers cite a single example in thier recent case, either in the first trial or in the appeal?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

The very fact that GMO technology works by blocking receptors of phenylalanine and tryptophen so that the plants don't react to roundup

No. Roundup works by binding with EPSPS (an enzyme). This binding prevents the production of amino acids (phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan) so the plant starves and dies.
www.pnas.org...

Roundup tolerant plants have a gene which produces a modified version of the enzyme which prevents the binding so the plants can produce phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan and don't starve and die.

edit on 6/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb
Um - there is something to cause lower nutritional levels. The very fact that GMO technology works by blocking receptors of phenylalanine and tryptophen so that the plants don't react to roundup...

Again, one of the problems of talking about GM technology is the, as I've said before:

It seems to be that people on ATS are tunnel visioned when it comes to GMO, lumping them all in the one basket and focussing only on pesticides and herbicides. While this may be trendy, the unfortunately more complicated fact is that will have GMOs of a wider range of ideas, such as longevity of storage, nutrition, higher yields, lower water needs, weather hardiness, and so forth.

Your reply seems to indicate you want to go by the argument of:
1. Roundup resistant crops block receptors of phenylalanine and tryptophen
2. Therefore all GMO foods ever made in the past present or future are the same.

Next you'll probably argue that since Ferrari make lots of red cars, then ALL cars ever made in the past present and future are red. Citing one example and saying it applies to all, is bogus argument.

(and thats even supposing your nutrition argument is true in the first place, which I'm not getting into)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

and at 52 seconds

Who's making stuff up? It's a known fact the more processed any food is, the less nutrient value that food has. Do you eat cereal for breakfast? Notice all the cereal boxes have to have fortified vitamins and minerals added? Why is this? Because they denature the food so much during processing they kill off all the plants natural vitamins and minerals. The food would then have no nutritional value. So they add cheap or synthetic vitamins and minerals back to the food so it will have at least a little nutritional value... need cereal with iron.. just run a strong magnet through your corn flakes and see all the iron filings it picks up.. it's a fact.
edit on 20-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Who's making stuff up? It's a known fact the more processed any food is, the less nutrient value that food has.

Whether *processed* food is lower in nutrient value is not the issue.
The issue is the claim that *GMO* foods (as a generalisation) are lower in nutrient value.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm sick to f*cking death of seeing people like John Stossel wave an ear of Indian corn around and act like they know what they're talking about!!

India has had subsistence farming since it has had farmers. If you aren't a farmer, then you should stop for a minute and think about which orifice you use when speaking. A crop that doesn't feed the family is worthless in India. Do you know what is in those contracts??? You might as well have to sign them in blood.

Nutrition? Answer me this all you intelligent responders? When has a farmer ever successfully mated a South African grasshopper with a green bean?

We're in uncharted territory and what amazes me is that some of the same people who advise to "Trust Nobody" say, "Eat Up" when it comes to GMO.

That elderly Hoosier farmer that lost his suit did NOT hold back seed. He went to the mill at the end of a bad growing season and bought what was considered junk seed. A small (small) percentage of his field was found to contain proprietary seed.

When you sign a deal with the Devil, don't be surprised if you find you have an irritated rectum... For THREE YEARS after the end of your contract, the Food Police can show up us 24/7/365. They have the legal right to get you out of bed and demand any paperwork they want, go into any buildings on your farm and inspect any machinery (up to and including dis-assembly).

Nobody gives a sh*t about family farms at the moment, but like the song says, "You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone".

Right now the average American knows just exactly as much as Big Money wants them to know...

top topics

join