It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Governments Reeling Under ObamaCare Costs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Many local governments are following the same pattern as many companies when it comes to the fears and added costs of ObamaCare.

They, like many companies are already cutting hours of individual employees to below the ObamaCare definition of full time, which is 30 hours a week.

Sure the affected victims employees will Maybe get some financial help and tax credits when they are forced by law to buy insurance. But that will not make up for the loss of pay. And it certainly won't help pay the bills and rent will it? Any "assistance" will be chickenfeed.

Well time's almost up......tick tick tick.

Get ready to go broke

................while private companies are getting all this unwelcome and hostile attention, local governments across the country have been quietly doing exactly the same thing — cutting part-time hours specifically so they can skirt ObamaCare's costly employer mandate, while complaining about the law in some of the harshest terms anyone has uttered in public.

The result is that part-time government workers — many of them low-income — face pay cuts that can top $3,000 a year, and yet will still be left without employer-provided benefits.

Here is just a small sampling of local news reports about what local government officials are saying about ObamaCare, and the steps they're taking to avoid or minimize its costs.
Local Governments Reeling Under ObamaCare Costs

meantime, back at the ranch.....

It seems many States and the Federal government are way behind in setting up details of those dreaded exchanges.

All kinds of delays in details and training will for sure lead up to a massive error-ridden system real soon.

Watch for the long lines and mistakes that will jeopardize many innocent people.

The GAO has issued reports with warning signs.

It will be interesting to see how many people throw their hands up in the air when the service factor drops to a near-zero boondoggle.

Two government reports cite delays in setting up health-insurance exchanges as the Oct. 1 deadline looms.The public is still more negative than positive about reform, but promotion is just starting.

The central feature of Obamacare – getting the uninsured to sign up for health insurance – is due to start on Oct. 1, less than four months away. But both the federal and state governments are behind in their preparations.

That’s the conclusion of two reports issued Wednesday by the congressional Government Accountability Office (GAO) looking at the status of government efforts to set up online “exchanges,” or marketplaces, for both individuals and small businesses.

“Much progress has been made, but much remains to be accomplished within a relatively short amount of time,” said the GAO report on the establishment of “federally facilitated” health-insurance exchanges for individuals. Those are the exchanges being set up for the 34 states that opted not to set them up themselves.
Obamacare behind schedule as Oct. 1 rollout nears

Get Ready...the clock is ticking

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just came from my Doctor.

He told me this weekend 300 Doctors got together to discuss Obamacare.

He said not a single one thought it was even doable.

It's over for this terrible plan.
edit on 19-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It will never work, it cant work. 400$ a month for insurance for a single individual.
you will see the whole country belly up. Who is going to pay for it? the tax payers? hahahahah

Whats going to happen is people are going to rise up and reclaim the country that was nickle and dimed away from us by big brother and there greedy gang of cohorts.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

A lot of doctors around my part are already ditching the government funded insurance plans and telling patients its cash or bust.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by whyamIhere

A lot of doctors around my part are already ditching the government funded insurance plans and telling patients its cash or bust.

The Government is demanding a urine test if you take certain medicines.

They need a little reminder on the 4th Amendment.

Just another invasion of privacy...Why cause they can.

They have lost the Doctors though...Put a fork in it.

Repeal...Root and Branch.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

Actually, local governments are the most likely to provide healthcare to employees. What we are seeing is that local governments are cutting back on part-timers because of the economy and reduced sales and property taxes. This has been a steady trend over the past five or six years across the country because part-time government employees do not have the same rights as full time employees and often have no representation.

As for whether or not the plan can work, of course it can, an almost identical plan works in Massachusetts. As to whether or not it is a good idea, that is debatable. The questions are simple, should we as a nation decide that everyone will get some level of medical care as a right? If yes, then how do we fund it to ensure that it works?

Right now if you are poor and have no medical insurance you are only seen when you are very sick and it costs a lot more to take care of them then if they had some preventative medicine. The question is whether or not that is cost effective and it will become important real fast as the baby boomers continue to age. I think we have to look beyond the left right paradigm and look at what is cost effective and the right thing to do. I don't know that this plan is different; but, we still have to address the issues and ignoring it just won't work.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

My insurance company that has provided my home and auto insurance for the last 12 years sent me a flyer in the mail regarding health insurance.

After reading it over it said that they could provide good quality health care for about $3 a day.
The plan covered 85% of All major medical, $10 on office visits, and $5 dollar co-pay on prescriptions.

Seemed like a pretty good deal, so I call.

They asked me some medical history questions as well as if I was a smoker. I really don't have any medical issues but I am a smoker. After answering the questions I asked how much it would be a month. The lady say "I am going to have to call you back". So I said O.K. and waited for her to call back.

When she call back she explained that she had to make a couple of calls to verify her figures. I said that it can’t be that bad because the ad says about $3 a day. She responds by saying "Well, there has been some changes". Then she says that the Premium would be about $750 a month with a $482 deposit. As my jaw hit the floor she says, .. . " Will you be paying by credit card today?".

I asked about the $750 and how the hell that happened. The ad says $3. She again mentioned that there had been changes made. Then she said. " It is Not because you are a smoker" as though that might be comforting and followed that up with "If you were a Non smoker it would be $680 a month".

This was about a month ago.

If WE The People don't do something about this Post Haste, there are going to a ALLOT of UnHappy Campers.

Its just too bad that WE can't get OUR S##T together.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How the hell can Canada deliver health care thats at least better than the thrid world for so much less ....?
I think the wrong peeple makin da money man............

new topics

top topics

join