It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Prepper Arrested For Bomb-Making Materials

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Ok, if there was a governmental collapse, sure make all the Self Defense devices you want.....no one to tell you otherwise right?

With the proper materials you can make primers gun powder and cast bullets....but you will need lots of empty shell casings.

I know a few people who are already set up to make their own ammo and have been for some time.

I wouldn't recommend trying it though, the wrong size powder charge or crimping the bullet too tight, and you have a grenade on your hands.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Dead is Dead and a weapon is a weapon. Dont matter what you use or how you use it as long as it protects you.

I fully agree, but the government dont. Thats part of the prepper mentality.

Be prepared for anything, god knows how long we could be on our own.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I love how in the USA you can buy a AR-15 and other automatic weapons but you dare make a simple explosive device and your banged away.

A semi-auto AR15 is legit and its basic round is classed as a varmint bullet. Can't even hunt deer with its bullet in some states - doesn't kill fast enough or some BS like that. So yes, in the USA we can buy semi-auto guns - most states don't require you to get a license before doing so. Is it smart to have it that way, probably not, but it is our right for the time being.

Thank you for fearing the AR-15 - looks like the media is doing their job well.

As for buying explosives or even making it - you need a license to do so. If you can't discern between a bullet and a bomb or if you see them both as equal - again, the media is doing their job.

Fear is a SOB.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's fine to prep with food and regular arms, etc....but making bombs is going to get you in the crosshairs.

What is the diffrence though to buying a Automatic Weapon to protect your family or make a few IED to stick in your front yard for when the bandits come?

I would rather bobby trap parts of my land if it thins out some of the attackers.

Some binary black powders are legal to make and own - up to a certain amount. Some just takes one shot from the evil AR-15 to make it go boom. Instructions on how to make them are on Youtube. You'd be amazed on what evil ingredients they are made with.

Just don't mix them right away - if they aren't combined, they aren't restricted.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by crazyewok

You can legally own any full auto as long at your a class 3 holder.

Not entirely true - you can just pay the ATF tax, depending on what you are buying, and own the weapon. You just need a class 3 holder if you want to sell/transfer the gun.

The hole get deep however when talking about AR. The upper can be bought by anyone. The lower 80% complete can be bought by anyone.
You so a simple procedure and you have a 100% working illegal full auto weapon.

True - you can buy a fully auto piece - but if you even have the means to making a complete weapon, it's a felony. Even having the items in the same house will get you in trouble. Saw an ariticle on this guy who bought a crap ton of AK receivers that were full auto capable (still in their flat-stamped form). He could only buy AR15 guns for shooting. If he ever brought in a regular semi-auto AK into his house - he'd be breaking the law.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

With the proper materials you can make primers gun powder and cast bullets....but you will need lots of empty shell casings.

I know a few people who are already set up to make their own ammo and have been for some time.

I wouldn't recommend trying it though, the wrong size powder charge or crimping the bullet too tight, and you have a grenade on your hands.

It doesn't appear to be that difficult, and there are plenty of help sites and tutorials. In pricing it out, it would be about $300 or so startup (and that's if you go new...you could find lots of good used equipment also). The casings would be from your own plinking. I'd recommend buying powder and primer in cash though, so you avoid an issue like in the OP.

If you shoot a lot, making your own ammo can save you a LOT of money, and the savings could pay for the startup in a year or less, depending on how much you shoot.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
What I don't think half of you realise is when SHTF it really does and your not going to have the power of pulling out your phone and getting the information you need. You will be solely down to either stocking up in a world were you can buy what you need now in abundance and conduct your experiments safely or scavenging trying with trial an error where you would /could cause damage to yourself or your family or community.

Imho too much people have far to much faith in society to protect them when everything's turned upside down, you can go to the shops and get what you need like a nice cold coke and a ready meal but when it does come to survival majority of people lack standard skills to make it past the 2 month mark, hunger will drive people to insane limits for themselves and there families, neighbour will kill neighbour your best friends from down the street might know you have enough food to last YOU and YOUR family but they would try to take it if it meant Survival of HIS family, it will be all out war wherever SHTF, mobs will riot, houses will be looted and burned, stores ransacked.

We lack the skills our ancestors passed generation to generation, so we adapt our way of life now into a survival situation and making bombs is rather handy because it can deter a large force and also protect you while you sleep without the needed attention of 24 hr watch.

This man would have the ability to protect himself and his community but obviously he stated he was a doomsday prepper and I bet the cops just started freaking out thinking he's a domestic terrorist. I personally wouldn't of told them sweet FA.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Any machine shop owner, and welder, any mechanic, any painter, anyone with any equipment or materials could be considered by the gooberment as being anything they construe with their magic list of components..everyone is suspect, even your mother with her cleaning and cake making supplies.....just the way the bastards have planed it

P.S. never make any plans, accept the fact that you're already dead, then they can never kill you

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join