It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Prepper Arrested For Bomb-Making Materials

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
On a desperate survival day you can hurt someone with a broken dinner plate. Stocking up is going to make it very difficult to leave a dangerous situation. Hmm, an armful of food or an armful of explosives? Decisions, decisions. Bring an attack dog, use it to attack and hunt, and eat it later. Problem solved.

With enough determination anything can be a bomb-making material. Screwdrivers, hammers...they can make almost anything.

One of these days the authorities will overlook the crocheted tea cozy that looks like a super Mario brother, and boom. Yarn, it's what's for doomsday. It could happen.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

No just sue common scene, dont stock more than you can USE if your homesteading. Don't over load your BOB with 6 gallons of water, pack a filter. Don't load up on wet canned food, get freeze dried foods that store for years and weigh nothing and consume little space.

You dont need fifteen guns, a simple SHTF rifle is all you require for defense and hunting.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

After reading that last post I can Clearly See that you COMPLETELY MISSED what I said.

I do not think ill of preppers ( Good Or Bad ). I believe it is a Good thing. For all you know I may be a Prepper too. However, as Apposed to Good Or Bad, I may Very Well Be a Smart Prepper. One who does not tell everyone what they are up to. I may also be a proud Prepper. You Never Know.

But, I can guarantee one thing for sure, in the event that I am a Prepper, I am not going to get beat up and have all of my Sh00t taken by local governments citing Eminent domain.

So relax. I don't think you are ALL crazy, ... just the ones that run their mouths to everyone about what they are up to.

Also,

We aren't some radical Islamist group that wants to kill innocents. We just want guarantee of our safety, something that the government is clearly not in a position to do.

You say WE like you are part of a special little group. Well, I hate to disappoint you, but,You're Not. As a matter of fact, probably 90% of the people I know have done something to prepare just in case.

And, while you are at it, quote where I said anything rhetorical or derogatory about preppers in general. Good Luck with that.

You really must try harder to not take things so personally.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think EVERYONE misread the report.He was a criminal in possesion of weapons! He commited a crime.Nobody is saying he is a typical prepper,he's one of the loonies!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

He isnt talking about the report, he is talking about a post that he had made earlier that i replied to.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

My bad we did have some crossed lines of communication. I was riled up from other posts as well.

Maybe i do need to stop taking things personally.

As i said i am a proud prepper and i will flaunt it, there is no shame what so ever in it.

I cant help but feel that you are fearful that you need to hide your prepping.

That in its self is reason enough to stand up and let your self be heard, for no one should be fearful of the government that THE PEOPLE built for the people.

We own them, not the other way around. The mass has just given in to them so much that they are winning this battle.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

There was a second post that clarified the OP.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

If you make bombs, take meth, and tell the cops you're a 'Doomsday Prepper', don't be surprised if they get a little agitated.

This idiot just pushed his luck a bit too far.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It is Not a matter fear. It is a matter Survival.

I am very certain that in a SHTF scenario it is going to be Dog Eat Dog.

I highly suspect that in a complete breakdown, roughly half of the populous will be dead within a couple of weeks. Most will be murdered for their goods. And the ones that don't have goods, well, they will starve to death. The ones that don't starve to death are going to become dinner.

No a pretty picture.

Like I said, it is Not about Fear, it is about Survival.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Not all peppers are crazy. Not all crazies are peppers. Let's stop stereotyping people and pay attention to the facts.

That fact is, this prepped was crazy. He was also into the crazy man-made drugs, which is nuts IMO.

Another fact is people are dumb for stating you have the means of making boom-boom devices (not talking about a Syban either). As for me, I have none nor do I plan on acquiring any. That is just plain nuts.

Hope this prepper prepped a good lawyer, he'll need one.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

They also found several handwritten notes on how to build explosive devices and booby traps.

Moral don't keep notes and the chemicals in the same place like a car.

You have to memorize how to make the explosive.

by the way buying Tannerite and setting it off is legal in many areas.

Making home made Tannerite is illegal.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It's fine to prep with food and regular arms, etc....but making bombs is going to get you in the crosshairs.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Its all well and good to know how to make something, its when you act on it that it gets you into trouble.

Its easy to make explosives, way to easy IMO

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I follow you. I understand your thought process now.
Its not what you have, its letting others know that you have it that's the problem.
When it gets nasty and everyone knows your stocked, they will come for you first.

I guess the reason i didn't follow yesterday was your explanation is just too long to sink in.

Simplicity of explanation is best for me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I love how in the USA you can buy a AR-15 and other automatic weapons but you dare make a simple explosive device and your banged away.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It's fine to prep with food and regular arms, etc....but making bombs is going to get you in the crosshairs.

What is the diffrence though to buying a Automatic Weapon to protect your family or make a few IED to stick in your front yard for when the bandits come?

I would rather bobby trap parts of my land if it thins out some of the attackers.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

You can legally own any full auto as long at your a class 3 holder. The hole get deep however when talking about AR. The upper can be bought by anyone. The lower 80% complete can be bought by anyone.
You so a simple procedure and you have a 100% working illegal full auto weapon. That lower has no serial number and can only be legally licensed by an FFA dealer.

But a crock pot can land you on the terror watch list.....
J/K kind of
edit on 20-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

My point is though when it come to weaponry I cant see a diffrence between useing a Gun to kill attackers or a Bomb or better yet both!

If it protects you great!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Well, its not about that though. A gun can only kill a handful of people before a reload, giving time to act on it. A well placed explosive device could kill hundreds and you wouldn't even know its coming.

Look at Tsarnev.....no one saw it coming. that's why its illegal basically.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

But in a SHTF goverment collapse type situation the one with the most firepower/numbers are the one that comes out on top.

A loner with a AR-15 wont survive long against a organised group of 20.

Im not talking about giant bombs that can kill hundreds. But homemade grenades, claymore ect that are usefull for defence. Again at some point you need to make more bullets for your guns right? So you need to have explosive material and the means to make the right ones to replace them or you wonderfull guns are just lumps of metal.

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Look at Tsarnev.....no one saw it coming. that's why its illegal basically.

And nobody see the crazy school shooter comeing either. And they kill more than Tsarnev.

Dead is Dead and a weapon is a weapon. Dont matter what you use or how you use it as long as it protects you.
edit on 20-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join