It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Middle East virus spread in hospitals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
OR just another hyped up 'killer virus'.

For a start, you seem a little ignorant to the idea of a real killer virus. You do realize that Human history is littered with actual pandemics that managed to wipe out entire populations over several years, and that we are now more connected than ever before, right?

People like to dismiss the idea of disease outbreaks as some kind of fantasy, a myth, but they are no laughing matter and cannot be dismissed so easily.

I know some have become jaded by the false alarms of Swine Flu and Bird Flu, but these are not fantasies. With the increased interconnection of our societies a disease can spread from Japan to Africa to America within days, and the exposure to existing viruses in any of those populations also increases the risk of mutation to horrific degrees.

If Swine Flu or Bird Flu had not been challenged, there's no telling what kind of pandemic we would be looking at now. It only takes one host to make a treatable flu virus into a global outbreak capable of killing millions within months.

That is why any disease outbreak should be taken very seriously, and why organizations such as the CDC exist.

As for "conspiracies" and "deliberate" acts, that's basically a nonsense, because this is not controllable, no one is immune. Any state trying to "manufacture" a disease for warfare or terrorism is dooming themselves and everyone they love too, because once it's out there it's uncontrollable. This really would be a "Pandora's Box".

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
IT seems like conditioning. Make people get used to the idea of all these virus around.
People will take no precautions and be wiped out.

There has to be a population control plan in the works as the earth cant support 10 billion people, and neither cant the world economy's.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by neo96
OR just another hyped up 'killer virus'.

You do realize that Human history is littered with actual pandemics that managed to wipe out entire populations over several years, and that we are now more connected than ever before, right?

People like to dismiss the idea of disease outbreaks as some kind of fantasy, a myth, but they are no laughing matter and cannot be dismissed so easily.

I know some have become jaded by the false alarms of Swine Flu and Bird Flu, but these are not fantasies.

Dead on the money.

The most successful virus is not some hopped-up ebola thing that kills within a day; they burn the victim out so fast there is not much chance of transmission beyond the local cluster.

The thing to be feared most is something with a relatively high mortality, that is contagious when the victim is relatively asymptomatic, that kills in a week or more, so the virus has more time to infect others in a wider area.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by setibuddies
The thing to be feared most is something with a relatively high mortality, that is contagious when the victim is relatively asymptomatic, that kills in a week or more, so the virus has more time to infect others in a wider area.

With global transportation at its height, that is all it would take.
It could be in dozen's of countries before anyone knows what hit them.

The only thing after that is people hitting the ground.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Its odd that they aren't on the map.

MAP

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

That's a interesting map. I wonder how accurate it really is...?

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It has the dangerous substance found in an apartment in nys about 80 miles from me.

It was a methlab with a cook in progress.

But i think your wondering about what i am, would the govt really release pandemic info freely onto the net.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

That's exactly what I was wondering. However if what they found by you was actually true then i would say there is some credibility there.

Interesting none the less.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I cant find any trace of that news story about the lab. I wanted to put the map and it together as far as dates are concerned. Just to check map. It shouldn't be an active investigation, they caught them red handed.

The germ world is so scary i dont even wanna know whats lurking in some test tube somewhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Now that the human DNA has been completely sequenced, it's possible and probable that viruses can be created in a lab that are DNA-specific, meaning racially. There was speculation that SARS was designed to kill Asians, and that it either petered out (turned out not to be contagious enough) or was used as an economic warning to China and Japan.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Muslim-specific or Arabic-specific viruses had been produced and let loose.

Trouble is the whole problem of 'unintended consequences...'

If you're in the US, your tax dollars are probably paying for this via the Defense Department Black Budget. Don't forget that the utterly devastating 'Spanish Flu' started on an Army base in Kansas during WWI and killed more people than the war did.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
From the CDC who are probably pulling their on-fire hair out behind the scenes and placidly publishing warnings:

www.cdc.gov...

Nice of the Saudi government to spend $25 billion to 'thin crowds'; that way you won't have to worry quite so much about the stampede danger, and only about the 100+ degree heat, and your fellow pilgrim's immune system and incubation status.

That picture of a 100,000 or more people walking in circles around a holy rock (?) is a terrorist's wet dream. And people wonder why I consider all religions insanity.

And oh, by the way; the usual number of deaths given for the Spanish Flu was in the 50-100 million range. The global population back then was about 1.8 billion, and only about 20% of those infected died from it. This bug is far more lethal and there's many times that many people on the planet now. And instead of troop ships slowly transporting people around in the middle of a war, we have the ever-helpful airlines moving tens of thousands of potentially infected people across the globe daily. A flu as virulent as the Spanish Flu could today kill over a billion people within a year or two's time and if it's as contagious as possible, it's already escaped containment.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
Now that the human DNA has been completely sequenced, it's possible and probable that viruses can be created in a lab that are DNA-specific, meaning racially. There was speculation that SARS was designed to kill Asians, and that it either petered out (turned out not to be contagious enough) or was used as an economic warning to China and Japan.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Muslim-specific or Arabic-specific viruses had been produced and let loose.

Trouble is the whole problem of 'unintended consequences...'

If you're in the US, your tax dollars are probably paying for this via the Defense Department Black Budget. Don't forget that the utterly devastating 'Spanish Flu' started on an Army base in Kansas during WWI and killed more people than the war did.

Star for your post. They can now fix the sex and eye color of your unborn child. They can create nano whatever's to attack certain cells. If anyone thinks they can't create specific viruses based on specific criteria and targets, then they're specifically nits. Yes, I said NITS.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I seen this yesterday and it was 24 deaths, all in Saudi Arabia.

I hope no one infected hops a plane to the USA or anywhere for that matter.

An undetected outbreak at an airport would have catastrophic consequences.

I'd be more worried about illegal immigration, rather then people getting on planes legally and coming to Western nations.
The transit points for illegal immigrants are many, just to reach their final destination.
Along the way, they could spread this virus to half a dozen countries........before even reaching their final destination, such as America, Australia, or Europe.

Asia is the most populated region in the world. If this breaks out of the Middle East, and hits Asia..
Dubai for example, has tens of thousands of migrant workers from Asia and the Indian subcontinent.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Tut Tut.........!!

Muslim is not a 'gene' ethnicity..it is a religion.....you can't make a gene-specific bug only for a religious group.....!?

Arabian however is a distinct ethnicity HOWEVER most Europeans ( and therefore Yanks) will have some form of Arab DNA in thier bodies..............

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Maybe all this Whoo Haa about MERS and superbugs is timed just perfectly to coincide with the release of
World War Z (NOT Zee BTW)............

On a more serious note........ I do pay attention to these stories as 'superbugs', viruses et al will one day overwhelm us.... it's like Natures regulatory way of keeping ''pests'' under control.......

I do not believe that this is man-made..it is just Evolution on a microscopic (and quicker) level

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That is truly terrifying, more so that it could be here right now.

The worst thing is the global travel is so readily available that it can literally be anywhere and everywhere.

How about contaminated clothing? while i understand that most virus cant live outside of the body, is there a possibility of contact if lets say the doctors and nurses see 100 patients a day? would that allow a significant enough window for it to spread?
edit on 20-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

I don't know about contaminated clothing but SARS spread from a hotel room. People in that room and on that floor contracted SARS so the virus does live on surfaces. Clothing was given to native Indians with smallpox on it and wiped out their tribes. Sooo...I guess it could spread from clothes.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Tut Tut.........!!

Muslim is not a 'gene' ethnicity..it is a religion.....you can't make a gene-specific bug only for a religious group.....!?

Arabian however is a distinct ethnicity HOWEVER most Europeans ( and therefore Yanks) will have some form of Arab DNA in thier bodies..............

I realize both your points, and thanks. I was aiming to describe (badly) a Middle-Eastern, Arabic type bloodline. Mea culpa.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I work in one of the largest hospitals in the US and over the last 5 years or so we have seen several very sick young people in our ICU with no cause that we can find. It always starts with flu-like symptoms. Not all progress at the same rate and end the same way (some recover and leave). But for whatever reason these relatively healthy individuals catch something that puts them in a downward spiral needing total heart, lung and kidney support through machinery.

Fact is, we're way overdue for a pandemic event. Another sad truth is you won't be able to stop it once it starts. There are precautions, but by the time you realize it's as serious as it is you're either predisposed to live, or to die. I don't think this will be the one- its been around since last September when the Saudi Ministry of Health announced it. It's already being tracked too well and we already know enough about it to have a "name" for it. The "big one" will not be so recorded and tracked with

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join