It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Middle East virus spread in hospitals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

the organ failed? omg..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

For no detectible reason. He had no injuries or anything. His organs failed one by one but all rather quickly and they couldn't stop it. He went very fast. He was only in the hospital two or three days. His parents didn't know right away because the son didn't think much of it initially and no one notified them. It was too late by the time they found out.

edit on 20-6-2013 by StoutBroux because: bad typo

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
dang. that is scary...and so sad....but you did what you could, though it didn't seem nearly enough.,..sorry you went through that and , so , so sorry for the parents of the young man

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Somebody is making them!

That's doubtful considering that viruses and bacteria mutate all the time and are more prevalent in warm regions. Plus we are waaay overdue for a big disease outbreak.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
When I hear about things like this, I wonder how long such a virus goes on in an area before it is recognized?

I caught something a few weeks ago, I figured it was a bad cold. But it just will not go away, and has degenerated into some pretty bad breathing and coughing problems. I ended up in the ER the night before last, because my coworkers were so concerned they made me go there.

The doctor I saw thought I was having a severe allergic reaction to something, but all the nurses that saw me when I came in were commenting that there is a really bad flu going around that is having long lasting severe coughing and breathing problems.

My husband has started to have the exact same symptoms in the last few days, so I believe it is contagious.

To top this off, I work in that hospital, and am very aware that despite our huge efforts to protect ourselves and our working environment, still, viruses are a very real threat to us there.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I have been keeping up with this, since the cases in the Middle East were reported.

I'm not a gloom and doom guy, but this does scare me. Even more so if some Jihadist believes this is a perfect way of becoming a Martyr.

That would be a crazy scenario, even though the regular way this is being spread scares me outright.

Hope they can suppress this thing before it becomes a full blown pandemic.

S&F

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kushness

God..that's the virus! Mers! Respiratory Syndrom!! Stay Sharp Sir! Eat Vit C as much as you can..this is make my hand shake

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kushness

seven patients also had the flu. Authorities are urging hospital staff to wear masks when caring for patients who appear to be suffering from respiratory illnesses.

God..

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

if you say so..i think the victim respiratory organ system has damage so bad..then linked to another organ..Insane!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You cannot call it a Jihad virus because a virus is incapable of political affiliation or religious belief, therefore it is incapable of enacting such a thing. Naming it in such a fashion, therefore, would be rather dense

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You cannot call it a Jihad virus because a virus is incapable of political affiliation or religious belief, therefore it is incapable of enacting such a thing. Naming it in such a fashion, therefore, would be rather dense

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
While it is tragic for the individuals involved and their families, this virus is nothing and totally insignificant. There are over 7 billion people on the planet. More people die of other diseases than this virus. It seems they are doing a good job of containing it, and it isn't that much of a problem else loads more people would have it.

When a virus starts to rapidly kill people in the thousands, then I will start to worry. Otherwise its just typical media fear mongering.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It is something nasty going on around, if you are healthy you do not get it that bad, but if you have any immune related deficiencies you will be in danger.

My daughter caught a nasty virus, (she is an emergency room nurse) fever for 5 days over a hundred, then a nasty upper respiratory infection it felt like a flu.

She got better after 3 weeks.

I caught it same thing flu like symptoms then the fever and the worst chest congestion in my life, I felt bubbles constantly in my chest.

I got better 3 weeks and still coughing junk.

Then my husband got it same thing 5 days fever chest congestion.

We all needed rounds of antibiotics, but the doctors said that is not the flu

He is still getting sick

If any of us had asthma we would have been in big trouble.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

ALLAH AKBAR!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Was reading about this earlier today. This could potentially get REALLY out of hand and with a 65% kill rate....whoa...that is one lethal bug.

But MERS appears far more lethal. Compared to SARS' 8 percent death rate, the fatality rate for MERS in the Saudi outbreak was about 65 percent, though the experts could be missing mild cases that might skew the figures.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain

ALLAH AKBAR!!

Inside voices please.

So this isn't Captain Tripps just yet?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Its good to know that the CDC
is onTop of things

I found out about this
just yesterday ..... Measles Arrives @ Dulles International airport

from a fellow
co worker not an official

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't like when very reputable hospitals put out statements like these:

"To me, this felt a lot like SARS did," said Dr. Trish Perl, a senior hospital epidemiologist at Johns Hopkins Medicine, who was part of the team. Their report was published online Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Perl said they couldn't nail down how it was spread in every case — through droplets from sneezing or coughing, or a more indirect route. Some of the hospital patients weren't close to the infected person, but somehow picked up the virus.

"In the right circumstances, the spread could be explosive," said Perl, while emphasizing that the team only had a snapshot of one MERS cluster in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That is truly terrifying, more so that it could be here right now.

The worst thing is the global travel is so readily available that it can literally be anywhere and everywhere.

How about contaminated clothing? while i understand that most virus cant live outside of the body, is there a possibility of contact if lets say the doctors and nurses see 100 patients a day? would that allow a significant enough window for it to spread?
edit on 20-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join