It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Middle East virus spread in hospitals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

New Middle East virus spread in hospitals

www.nbcnews.com

The new MERS virus, which has infected 64 people and killed 38 of them, is mostly spread in hospitals and it will take special care to prevent bigger outbreaks, experts reported on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Don't really pay that much attention to the SARS and other killer virus. I find this odd as most of them come from other areas in the world.

It's called MRES for Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus.

It has been detected in Saudi Arabia,Jordan,Qatar, UAE,France,Germany,Tunisa, and the UK.

Figure some people will blame the 'evil western conspiracy' posting this because I am wondering if its things to come.

OR just another hyped up 'killer virus'.

What say you?

www.nbcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With the advent of drug-resistant strains of bugs, any "new" virus needs to be treated with much caution.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

With the advent of drug-resistant strains of bugs, any "new" virus needs to be treated with much caution.

Yeah because they prescribe antibiotic's like candy

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm getting sick of new and improved versions of things. We had enough microbes, we didn't need more. Why can't they just call them Jihad viruses if they started in the middle east.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I seen this yesterday and it was 24 deaths, all in Saudi Arabia.

I hope no one infected hops a plane to the USA or anywhere for that matter.

An undetected outbreak at an airport would have catastrophic consequences.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
It seems very suspicious to me.
Right at the time when humans are smart enough to MANUFACTURE super bugs, we suddenly have outbreaks of super bugs.

Either its just more SCARE THE PANTS OF THE SHEEPLE bs
Or
Somebody is making them!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I read about this about a week ago or two. The numbers were a lot smaller than the ones in the original post. Hopefully it stays [somewhat] contained, but who knows. With all the infections out there and how they are becoming resistant is a little scarey.

Again hopefully it stays contained... But with it spread to the UK already I won't hold my breath.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

MERS? wtf..after corona then..who playing with this force of nature???? very2 Stu**d

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its in the UK already? sorry i didnt read that, just a quick skim of the Op.

Thats not good at all. and how many people did the UK case infect before realizing something is wrong?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

of course this is human made..!

if they say it's virus from Ice Melt old virus Antartic or pole It's A BIG Lie!!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

MERS-CoV has been detected in humans in eight countries, the WHO said last week -- Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, France, Germany, Tunisia and the United Kingdom.

5 things to know about new coronavirus

www.cnn.com...

More information for those who want to know.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I read Neo's comments regarding the article and seen that he listed the current countries with the infection. I trust his word that it's in the UK. It is documented in France which tells me there is a very high chance it's in the UK.

Yesterday, a 65-year-old man died in France as health officials warned the MERS-CoV virus is now a global threat with 49 confirmed cases worldwide.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I dont doubt it being there, just surprised that i didnt see this earlier.
Could be all the threads i been in today, plus my three.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

At a meeting this weekend in Cairo, WHO will meet with other experts to discuss MERS and to possibly develop guidelines for next month's Ramadan, when millions of Muslim pilgrims will be visiting Saudi Arabia.

news.yahoo.com...

WtF??? i stay and breathe in indonesia Biggest Muslim Country on Earth!! This is BIG BAD! i am dead

they are go and come back with the Virus! tropical environtment! oo oo i am dead

edit on 19-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

You can always get some of those paper masks that the Chinese wear in public when SARS is on the rise. Also use some hand sanitizer after touching anything in public, especially after handling money. Money carries the germs from every hand it passes through.....yuck!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

A good defense is your best offense.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

TQ so Much sir for your concern..
you to good luck!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
this is the map of virus spread..

if Ramadhan come this is why i afraid of..
Muslim Population..

aproximetly betwen 500 to 100.000 people will go to Mekkah this Ramadhan..

the with dot's is Human!
*Ramadhan just 3 weeks from now..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it has come to the US. A couple in my town just lost their 30 something son about 3 weeks ago. He was in the military and had been to Germany in the last three months. He was back in the states and came down with what he thought was a cold, progressed into what he thought was the flu. He wasn’t getting any better and felt something was wrong and went to emergency. They admitted him and couldn’t detect exactly what was wrong. His organs began failing. They gave him large doses of antibiotics even though they had no idea what to do, but it didn’t help. He passed before she and her husband could get to see him. She told me all this on the street the other day as our paths crossed. She said she didn’t realize how sick he was but she spoke to him on the phone while he was in the hospital and he told her he was dying. By the time they got to the hospital, a few states away – I believe she said Ohio, he was dead. She said the hospital said they didn’t know what was the matter with him. His memorial service was three weeks ago. She and her husband are completely destroyed, he was their only son. I can’t express the remorse and sadness I felt when we spoke. Her pain was so deep and I had no condolences to offer that didn’t sound shallow, I felt so inadequate. I hugged her but there were no adequate words to express, I tried. Anyway, she stated they still didn’t know what killed him, that the hospital was completely clueless and said they may never know.

I’d think a virus would be detectable but maybe not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join