It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God bless Amerika" Lil Wayne tramples american flag in his video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Who cares about what anyone says or does when they are drinking sizzurp on a daily basis!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Who gives a rat's crap about a stupid flag? The guy in the video is such a patriot he's probably wearing stars and stripes on his underwear, which means his balls and ass are rubbing all over the American flag, let alone some dumb rapper's shoes.

Really. Who. Cares.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Your politicians who you all support with your partisan politics and ideological divide have wiped their asses with that flag, and in a manner that impacts all of us PERSONALLY. Lil Wayne is doing nothing more than expressing his 1st Amendment right.

In other words...find something worth a damn to bitch about

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Surely American patriots should have more important things to be worrying about right now.....Like the continuing erosion of the constitution?

Bizarre country!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IRockTheBox

Originally posted by stormson
I'm a vet. While this annoys me, I fought for his right to do it.

For those that say the flag is special (and I think it is), why is it plastered on everything, from Budweiser (foreign owned) to bikinis (made in china)?

But hey, thats what happens with free speech.

I think there is a difference between a reference to the flag, ie; bikinis, bunting, streamers, etc, and putting a slit down the middle of a real flag and wearing it like a poncho like some other Hollywood type did last year or the year before, or purposely stepping on it.,

I understand that you fought for this man's right to speak freely, but you also fought for mine; and I say he's a dirtbag, and if he ever did disrespected the flag around me I would make him wish he hadn't.

There a difference also between having the right to do a thing, and doing the right thing. Just because you can do something doesn't automatically make it OK.,
edit on 20-6-2013 by IRockTheBox because: (no reason given)

And the difference iiiiiisssss what?

Nothing.

You haven't fought for this country, yet you'll speak over someone who has that disagrees with you. And the worst part is, you're trying to decide for us what is right and what is wrong.

What gives you that sense of entitlement? Your own delusion and arrogance. That's it. Period.

Not everyone agrees with every war campaign America takes part of, and it doesn't mean we're not patriots. It just means that some people value logic and reason over blind faith.

Personally, I think many veterans are just young kids trying to go to college who are fairly ignorant as to why they're going to war. And I also think people who think their "belief" justifies the terrible decisions they make are morons.

I'll do anything to any flag I want, even one with 50 stars and some red, white, and blue dye on it. Don't like it? Think it's wrong? That's your opinion, and just because you think it's "right" in an ethical way doesn't make you "right" in any objective way.

In my opinion your beliefs are just plain ignorant and wrong, and if you want to force them down my throat you can just shove it.

edit on 21-6-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

They didnt sacrifice their lives. Their lives were sacrificed.
There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Not that I agree with what was done, but this quote from the movie The American President sums it up for me:

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".

---- Michael Douglas as as President Andrew Shepherd in The American President (1995)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wasn't Bob Powell banned here on ATS? Good to see he is still at it!
edit on 21-6-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Seriously, who gives a...

Edit: there's a deeper meaning behind my statement. Think about it.
edit on 21/6/2013 by KrisFromGenk because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join