It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God bless Amerika" Lil Wayne tramples american flag in his video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't agree with using the flag as a prop, dropping it on the ground or burning it but that is allowed by free speech.

I also don't agree with those who verbally abuse their spouse or neighbors. Or those who call their children stupid or tell them they will never amount to anything. Or people who say derogatory things about others because they are different.

It is free speech so a person has to just ignore it if it offends. Use it to know those types may have some problems with how they view and treat others and them self.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

HAHA listen to the lyrics of the poet lil Wayne. Sorry but i found that really really funny.

Based on his track record I'm gonna bet that its liquid codeine influenced retard speak.

best rapper in the world though right...

edit on 20-6-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I don't think that's the point most people are making. Lil Wayne is a drugged out idiot. He just need to stick with the @@@@ he talked about on every track in the past.

parties, making money, women, drugs.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't agree with his actions. But it something called 'Freedom Of Speech'. It's mentioned in our Constitution. It's just one of the freedoms that make this country great - better than other countries who might exicute a guy for stepping on a peice of cloth. No peice of cloth is my country. So anything done to said peice of cloth wil,l have zero effect on how I feel about this counrty. That type of action will only have an effect on how I feel about the person perfoming the act. My counrty is stronger than any peice of cloth. Someone wants to burn a flag, or step on one, go ahead. Has no effect at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Lil Wayne is a known illuminati bot. Everything he puts out is controlled on a higher level...

www.illuminati-symbols.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I think using our nation's flag for anything other than what it was designed for is a desecration of the memory and ideals of those who fought to establish this country. My opinion on it anyways, and I realize that many (foreigners excluded) may not share my opinion, but there it is. The flag represents the people not the governmental regime that claims to (mis)represent the will of the people. So that being said, Godbless the salt of the earth.

A nation of people are represented by their collective actions, not by some colourful piece of cloth. Never thought I'd find myself quoting Brigham Young but there you go;

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."

It's like swear words. If people simply stopped taking offense, their meaning vanishes. They would become useless as a verbal weapon. But that would mean people changing the way they think, and when you think you're right you can justify taking offense in just about anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Lil Wayne has raisin bran for brains in his mostly empty noggin so I might believe it was an accident. Maybe he was trying to make a controversy since his music sucks so bad. What he did is less aggregious than what our governments been doing to the flag for decades.
What a bunch of dummies were there, though. America has really hit rock bottom.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havox

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by Havox

but not bothering to understand the context is making you all look like buffoons, to those of us that do understand the context.

Every song I've heard by him has no meaning, so unless he's changed his music style I doubt it's any good. I guess i'll give it a listen if you think it actually has some meaning, care to link me?

Let me guess...you've only listened to his stuff on the radio??
Everything on the radio is trash these days. Doesn't mean someone doesn't make good songs. The radio seldom plays good songs.

and that line the person quoted isn't from the song....

Why are you so adamant about not making an informed opinion?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Sankari

I don't think that's the point most people are making. Lil Wayne is a drugged out idiot. He just need to stick with the @@@@ he talked about on every track in the past.

Well he makes more money in one year than you will your entire life....pretty smart of him by objective standards.

Plus he really has some clever lyrics if you listen to his songs....not the stuff on the radio.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
All of my main points aside, screw the flag and watch it burn.

You're some brainwashed fools worshiping a flag.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Its just a flag. American flags get burned all the time in the middle east. The people that get all "offended" about petty crap like this are just like the rabid muslims "offended" by a drawing of muhammed.
So you're offended so bloody what. Im offended everytime a stupid piece of politically correct legislation takes away my right to freedom of expression.
Stop crying like a baby over something that doesnt even represent you. A flag is just a flag, a symbol of state.
The flag doesnt make you american, the Constitution and Bill of Rights does that, and the rights and freedoms laid out in both are being whittled away on a daily basis. Now thats something worth getting angry or "offended" about.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by JDmOKI
reply to post by Sankari

Well he makes more money in one year than you will your entire life....pretty smart of him by objective standards.

Plus he really has some clever lyrics if you listen to his songs....not the stuff on the radio.

Ive been a hip hop fan since 91, Im a hip hop producer. Lil Wayne is garbage no matter what context you put him in. He is part of the problem with hip hop, and that problem is the watering down of the artform into something that all now sounds the same. There is no real mouthpiece for reality in rap anymore, its all make believe. Pretty much like everything you hear from a politician these days. On that basis its just a matter of time before he makes president.
And a persons income doesnt mean anything to someone who puts morality before money.
Bankers are raking it in, does that mean they are good people?
edit on 20-6-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Face Lil' Pain is just that a pimple on the world.
I say if that is how you feel... super.
Now MOVE !

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That part about the flag representing the blood and bandages of those that fought for this country, really creeps me out. Now every time I look at an American flag, I'm gonna think of all the dead natives that we killed in a mass genocide-holocaust, not the founding fathers or the war with the Brits.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Someone trampled on a flag!?

WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO!!

/end sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 3nLiGhT3n

Section 700 A1 of the USC Flag code states the following:

§ 700. Desecration of the flag of the United States; penalties
• (a)(1) Whoever knowingly mutilates, defaces, physically defiles, burns, maintains on the floor or ground, or tramples upon any flag of the United States shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both.

I think that covers the accidentally did it portion.

The flag code also states that the American Flag should not be used on "tissues", "napkins" or other disposable and temporary surfaces.

In my younger years, as a boy scout, I performed flag duty a lot. We all had to read the flag code and it really shows you the level of respect that earlier generations had for our national symbol and country's values.

I have seen folks raise flags to half mast and let them know that they must raise it fully momentarily then slowly lower it to half mast. When taking it down for the day, you must raise it fully then lower it.

It may not mean much to many people on this post that Lil Wayne trampled on it but then you wonder why the country is falling apart. It is because of a lack of respect that promoting such incidents bring about and everyone taking their freedoms for granted.

One more thing, regardless of what his intent was during the video shoot and whatever his lyrics say, it is clear to me that Lil Wayne probably wouldn't have much of a career if the flag (and country) he so tramples didn't give him the rights to produce and perform his lyrics in a public forum. You can't use our freedoms while trampling the very symbol of it under your feet. He should have been fined for trying to incite a riot or something except nobody around him seems to have cared enough to assemble and stop him.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Semiotics. It is an innate object which you perceive and interpret through your senses. Logically, it means nothing and trampling on a flag also means nothing.

You should have brought up the issue of the millions he has wasted and the fact the record label he is signed to is prostituting him and making all the profits. He tramples over his own people, which is worse than trampling over a piece of cloth.

In any case, he is a washed up musician that no one really cares about anymore. This is just a desperate cry for attention.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A lot of people haven't noticed the shirt Lil Wayne was wearing in this video! It's a UNIF shirt featuring a cross combined with a dollar sign that says,"Jesus Saves, I Spend." I covered it in this video; don't overlook it!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Then millions of teens/ kids who watch this learn from this and begin to conduct such behavior... just like they do with drugs and violence.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

you're defending shock value.This is all for attention not substance. I love that flag because its the flag of my nation, not my government.
edit on 20-6-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join