It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP James Gandolfini

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
He was only 51 ?! Oh my God.
RIP ....

Yeah, coc aine, booze and a lot of extra weight from bad food and Bob's your uncle.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

so, you are saying that Ptolemy's Uncle Bob is a fat, alcoholic coke head?

seems legit.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
reply to post by Epirus

Rip big guy...

Sure do wish ya got around to makin a Sopranos wrap up kinda movie.... Now we will never know...

Fitting

Anyone who needs a follow up to figureout what the closing scene of the series meant wasn't paying good enough attention to the show and all the references to previous episodes in that last scene. Any true fan knows how it ended and doesn't need a follow up, it's over.

RIP James
edit on 6/19/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have been reading all kinds of articles today relevant to this wonderful mans demise....from colleagues, friends. family and so forth...not the usual, standard blah, blah fare either. He was very well loved and admired...both as a genius actor and a person! I read in 2010, he actually dug a stranded car/people out of a snow bank/blizzard situation. Probably saved their lives. He didn't worry about his heart or anything, he just went ahead and did what needed to be done,

So many of his colleagues/co-workers and such are saying what a natural talent he was. Everyone is saying way more than the usual phoney one or 2 liners. Seems like he was a wonderful human being...a truly nice and kind and loving man. RIP. We love ya! Blessings to him and all that are mourning him. He will definitely be missed!

Just heard he and his present wife just had a new baby recently...so sad, the lil nipper won't get to know his dad.
edit on 20-6-2013 by shrevegal because: (no reason given)

I really don't think he was part of the Hollyweird doper scene either. May be wrong but can't help thinking....just so very many folks seem to have genuine affection for the man. The dopers are usually jerks and a pain in the hienie.
edit on 20-6-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hey,

Just now had to register to this forum for the first time to tell you about something i just spotted. I´ve been lurking these forums for about 2.5 years now. Mainly ive been paying attention to patterns and symbology (illuminati, etc).

I also have a keen interest in archeology but lets not go there at this point.

Anyways, actor dies of heart attack.... Final scene of sopranos has a song list Tony is flipping through and one of the songs that the camera focuses on is "Who will you run to - Heart - Magic Man".

Just seems like a too good of a coincidence....what with all the killuminati and such...

Starts at the 0:32 mark in the video in this link: www.youtube.com...

Just saying... draw your own conclusions.

EDIT: Also there are 6 sopranos, its been 6 years since the show ended and there are 6 seasons of sopranos.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Rat86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
One of my favorite actors and fellow New Jerseyan, sad that he died so young. Rest In Peace James Gandolfini

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Sad News when I read it this morning.

Great Actor!

Shame he was overweight but I guess he wouldn't have got the Roles that he did get if he wasn't over-weight.

R.I.P.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
James, you will be missed...

As most, I will always remember you as Tony, but I must say the look you gave Denzel in Crimson Tide will also be firmly etched in my mind...proving words can be conveyed without ever uttering a sound...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Very sad news indeed.

As Tony Soprano, he was my favorite character.

R.I.P. James Gandolfini !!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Exactly. I didn't mind the Soprano's end. I thought a movie would follow. Damn. You could replace damn near anyone else. And 51? I'm 51.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A movie very well could follow...the ending in the series left it open to both options. If there was ever discussion then they could proceed with Tony getting killed in the last episode and thus starting an all out mob war.

RIP Tony!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

pfff , heard this on the radio during work , the Sopranos is for me personally one of the best shows ever

Rest in Peace James .

TheGreazel

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Man, it's gonna be near impossible to get into the Bada Bing, tonight.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Liked/loved his work. Didn't know the actual guy, but from all accounts, genuine and kind.

Another probable victim of too little vit C. Too few people know the theory linking vit-C to arterial blockage via Pauling. I lost loved ones to this and sudden heart death runs in my family. Look into vit-C ...and not the crap made in China (where most of it comes from now).

Might be in poor taste to push a vitamin when someone died... but it isn't if someone sees this and a life is saved. It seems like it's snake-oil crap, but there's serious science and anecdotal evidence to this.

RIP

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
Another probable victim of too little vit C.

Or a little too MUCH vitamin 'C'. By all accounts, he was very big into vitamin C, along with vitamin A.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Aw I just read lovliest story about him from a guy that was Ben Affleks Stunt Double. Here it is if anyone is interested.

I met him in 2003 on the set of the Ben Affleck movie Surviving Christmas in which he also starred. I was Ben Affleck's double, but unlike him James Gandolfini actually spoke to me. He was down to earth and friendly to everyone on the crew, every bit as garrulous as the great character he played, Tony Soprano. He actually bought everyone on the crew a jacket out of his own money.
I remember him telling me that he once dated a girl from Glasgow. I also remember he used to smoke these huge cigars and when he wasn't on set shooting his scenes he would sit outside his trailer playing with these big electric model cars and trucks for hours like a big kid.
My most vivid memory of him on the movie was when he came up to me early one morning at the start of another day, just before he was about go on on set to shoot his first scene. He looked around before leaning into my ear and saying, 'Could I have a quick word with you?' It was like a scene out of the Sopranos. As I walked over to the side with him, I thought maybe he was going to pull me up about some transgression or other. I'm fairly big but he was a big man and dwarfed me. Anyway, he turned around and said with a furrowed brow and in a serious voice, 'Did I see you in Ralph's last night on Beverly and Fairfax?" Ralph's is a supermarket chain in California. I shook my head and told him, no, it wasn't me. "Okay," he said. "I wasn't sure. I just didn't want you to think I was being ignorant, cause I didn't say hi."
Think about it. This guy was a major Hollywood star and just before shooting a scene on a movie he was in, he'd gone out of his way to make sure he hadn't been ignorant to someone who in the scheme of things was a complete nobody. He didn't know me and didn't have to do that. I didn't realize he was only 51. A class act and a genuinely nice man.

awww,

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Sopranos are an American classic. No, they are a masterpiece and I am envious of anyone who has never watched the series. You are in for a treat and an amazing ride. He was perfect for the Tony role and no one could've brought that character to life better than Jimmy. RIP J.G. you will be sorely missed but your legacy will live forever.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
A great actor unfortunately cursed with an Italian palate in an American culinary environment.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Whilst I lament any death, he was an actor, I never saw any of the series and this makes Abovetopsecrets front why?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was utterly distraught over here in Scotland.
I loved the guy as Tony...

RIP
Thoughts with the Family
So unfair

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join