It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP James Gandolfini

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
James Gandolfini best known for playing Tony Soprano on the television series Sopranos has passed away in Italy...I really thought this had to be a rumor when I first heard about it but sure enough it's true. The Sopranos was one of the first serial television shows I watched and I thought Tony Soprano was played brilliantly by Gandolfini. My thoughts go out to his family...RIP James.

Gandolfini is believed to have suffered a heart attack. He was 51.

Gandolfini was in Italy to attend the 59th Taormina Film Festival in Sicily -- and he was scheduled to participate in a festival event this weekend with Italian director Gabriele Muccino.

Source
edit on 19-6-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just saw it on CNN... sad... my prayers to his family

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Rip big guy...

Sure do wish ya got around to makin a Sopranos wrap up kinda movie.... Now we will never know...

Fitting

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
WOW.

When I saw your post i thought it was gonna be in the jokes forum, sadly its true.
My girlfriend has never seen the Sopranos. Out of respect for Mr.Gandolfini I think its time her and I watch the whole series. I loved him in The Mexican with Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt. If you haven't seen that movie please give it a chance. It's out of his "normal" charactor but he nails the performance.

He will be missed and the industry lost a down to earth actor that is hard to come by in any day.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cazmer

I have seen The Mexican and I agree that was a great performance by him as well!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
RIP

That's all.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
RIP

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
RIP, "Tony".

Condolences.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Very sad RIP James ... my thoughts are with his family ... we have been deprived of a good actor

Woody

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Showdown verses Malcolm Tucker. Brilliant.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
RIP jimmy, you were still so young.

His role as Tony is one of my favourite all time performances, he was so convincing.

I feel for his kids, he only got remarried a few years ago, it's a shame he went so early.

Maybe he's looking down on us from the big 'bing' in the sky with pie-o-my.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah. Saw that.

S/F

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
"You wanna know what I think? Kevlar is for [snip]"-The Mexican

A truly underrated actor. RIP.
edit on Wed Jun 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He was only 51 ?! Oh my God.
RIP ....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I am surprised at that also, I thought he was older.

Aw he was a good actor
I enjoyed watching him, great in The Mexican aswel as The Sopranos.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

51 is very young to die so suddenly . Sadly,its common with the men of some bloodlines

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

51 is very young to die so suddenly . Sadly,its common with the men of some bloodlines

And girths.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

At least he was in the "motherland". R.I.P. Antonio.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Not really . Many men his age and size don't die of sudden death .
When you have a fairly young male patient ,like 50 and under ,and they have chest pain ,you always ask if there's a history of men in their families have heart issues at the same age the patient is .
Most of these guys die of what's called sudden death .
It's literally ,"oww that hurts ,Wtf is that " ,and they fall over dead.
Some can just have an MI at a very early age .
To me ,50,is still young .
Granted,with today's diets ,I think arteries are getting clogged as a much earlier age .

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
reply to post by Epirus

Rip big guy...

Sure do wish ya got around to makin a Sopranos wrap up kinda movie.... Now we will never know...

Fitting

I was thinking about this yesterday morning. Wondering if there would ever be a follow up where we see what actually happened right after Meadow opened the door to that restaurant.

It was the greatest series ever on TV. I love most mob movies, but think Gandolfini did a Mobster better than any other Sometimes the scripting was a bit cheesy, and Carmella annoyed me quite a bit....but he played his part superbly.

He certainly will be missed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join