It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just learned of this oldie, but still interesting.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Whatever it was, those people definitely suffered from radiation exposure. Do you know of any recent info concerning this case?
reply to post by VoidHawk

Betty Cash died at age 69. in December of 99. Here is an updated link on the case.

Update

Thanks for that

Very sad. The last I saw was a documentary (not sure which one) that showed a re-enactment of that night, and the BS they received when they asked the military for help. Hopefully those still alive will keep digging because whether secret or not, they should of helped that lady.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Huh, I used to live in a larger town near there (Rochester) when I was in high school and that's where we all went to "party" because it's just woods. I've never heard of this one before even though we had all heard of the Betty and Barney hill abduction since that wasn't that far off from there as well.

Just to check to see if it really was that cold out to make a hole in the ice more suspect it sure was.

Close town that had 1977 data: www.almanac.com...

Seems a little interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Take samples of the pond, and surrounding areas.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
interesting if true, but as usual i come away from a story like this with nothing gained. chances are this entire account of whatever happened that january in new hampshire is either wildly exaggerated or a flat out lie

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Found some more stuff on this...

McCarthy's Pond

Google search

The hole barely looks round, much less perfectly circular.

Still, a very interesting story.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
interesting discussion on this case here, same site intrptr linked to earlier.

the farm owners daughter, Cathy posted this there,

K. Here are some "pond facts". 1. The pond was perfectly normal Sunday at dusk when it was last seen. Pond was ice covered with about 3 feet of snow on it. Monday morning, snowing so bad could not see pond (about 150' away from house down a hill). Fed horses went inside. 12:30 Bill noticed a dark spot on the pond, hard to tell what it was still snowing. Had to go look.
2. Dad and I wallow down to pond in deep snow. Found an open patch of water 3' accross. It was single digit degrees and windy... There are no currents or springs in this pond, so get that outta your head.
3. See object. Go up to barn and return with stuff to poke at it (pretty dumb, eh?). Decide it was too wierd and to leave it alone.
4. Open water all day over hole. Town cops came out twice, once to "look" and later that night with a mickey mouse radiation detector. By now, entire surface of pond trurned to slush, went over the cops boots. Net day civil defence came out with several geiger counters. Got readings which they later denied.
5. Next morning pond and slush froze over again, no more snow on the surface, just ice. Hole still visable, thin skim of ice over it, it was 5 out. Second hole had appeared about 20' away. Dark spot in ice froze over. Ice thinner. Could of been there all along under the snow, just couldn't see it. Wasn't as hot to melt to the surface???
6. Pond is about 150' x 75'. It tapers off gradually depth wise to it deepest point, about 4' or so. Bottom is not muddy, more like clay. Not a big pond, but still alot of water to heat up, none the less.
7. The feds and reporters did not show up until Thursday morning. Oh the feds denied being here, but this was the age before cell phones and the nearest pay phone was miles away. They used our phone in the house.... I wasn't really trying to overhear them... not really... They chopped up the ice on our pond, took whatever they came for and left. I will leave it at that for now. If I get visited by the "men in black" tomorrow, I will try to leave a message before they cart me off... Oh, and another thing, all the newspaper reports and articles called my Dad a "farmer", "farmer Bill"... hehehe. He loved that (not). He was a building contractor here in NH, semi retired from construction work in Boston. Yes we had horses, but that was my gig.
Cathy in the sticks

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

The hole barely looks round, much less perfectly circular.

Fancy that. Neither does 'three "R" per hour' produce enough heat to melt ice over a foot thick.

Sounds like cover story (to me). Someones blog in the thread about "McCarthy's Pond".

Satellite battery packs

One of those could melt a pond like that.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It is incredible how many quality sightings there actually are. And to think, most of these occurrences are never reported!

I don't think aliens explain UFOs, at least not in the conventional sense. But it's clear to those who do serious research that there is a physical phenomenon at work, and it is a real as anything else in this world.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
An acquaintance of mine just mentioned how an object was discovered in a pond on his uncle's New Hampshire farm in 1977. ... Here's the article:

Wakefield, New Hampshire Incident
edit on 6/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Hi jiggerj,

You, and your acquaintance, may be interested in some of the older UFO publications in relation to this sighting, I've uploaded scans of some of those older articles below:

UFO Investigator (NICAP) January 1977, issue 130, pages 2-3

UFO Investigator (NICAP) February 1977, issue 131, page 4

International UFO Reporter (IUR, CUFOS) Vol.2, No. 2, February 1977, page 8

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join