It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by VoidHawk
Whatever it was, those people definitely suffered from radiation exposure. Do you know of any recent info concerning this case?
Betty Cash died at age 69. in December of 99. Here is an updated link on the case.
K. Here are some "pond facts". 1. The pond was perfectly normal Sunday at dusk when it was last seen. Pond was ice covered with about 3 feet of snow on it. Monday morning, snowing so bad could not see pond (about 150' away from house down a hill). Fed horses went inside. 12:30 Bill noticed a dark spot on the pond, hard to tell what it was still snowing. Had to go look.
2. Dad and I wallow down to pond in deep snow. Found an open patch of water 3' accross. It was single digit degrees and windy... There are no currents or springs in this pond, so get that outta your head.
3. See object. Go up to barn and return with stuff to poke at it (pretty dumb, eh?). Decide it was too wierd and to leave it alone.
4. Open water all day over hole. Town cops came out twice, once to "look" and later that night with a mickey mouse radiation detector. By now, entire surface of pond trurned to slush, went over the cops boots. Net day civil defence came out with several geiger counters. Got readings which they later denied.
5. Next morning pond and slush froze over again, no more snow on the surface, just ice. Hole still visable, thin skim of ice over it, it was 5 out. Second hole had appeared about 20' away. Dark spot in ice froze over. Ice thinner. Could of been there all along under the snow, just couldn't see it. Wasn't as hot to melt to the surface???
6. Pond is about 150' x 75'. It tapers off gradually depth wise to it deepest point, about 4' or so. Bottom is not muddy, more like clay. Not a big pond, but still alot of water to heat up, none the less.
7. The feds and reporters did not show up until Thursday morning. Oh the feds denied being here, but this was the age before cell phones and the nearest pay phone was miles away. They used our phone in the house.... I wasn't really trying to overhear them... not really... They chopped up the ice on our pond, took whatever they came for and left. I will leave it at that for now. If I get visited by the "men in black" tomorrow, I will try to leave a message before they cart me off... Oh, and another thing, all the newspaper reports and articles called my Dad a "farmer", "farmer Bill"... hehehe. He loved that (not). He was a building contractor here in NH, semi retired from construction work in Boston. Yes we had horses, but that was my gig.
Cathy in the sticks
The hole barely looks round, much less perfectly circular.
Originally posted by jiggerj
An acquaintance of mine just mentioned how an object was discovered in a pond on his uncle's New Hampshire farm in 1977. ... Here's the article:
Wakefield, New Hampshire Incidentedit on 6/19/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)