It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO State Senator facing recall asks for out of state help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The first-ever recall election of a Colorado state legislator moved closer to fruition Tuesday after it was announced that there are sufficient valid signatures to proceed with the recall of Senate President John Morse.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

He has been targeted for recall for his support of CO's new gun control laws.

The temperature must be pretty hot because he's asking for people not from CO to pay in to support him:

Meanwhile, Mr. Morse, a Colorado Springs Democrat, released a statement Monday on his Facebook page asking for out-of-state help from those in traditionally liberal cities to help fight the recall effort.

“We can get phone lists to you and things like that and have you help from Boston, Massachusetts, or San Francisco, California,” said Mr. Morse in a video message. “So thanks for all that you’ve done and thanks for all that you’re going to do as we move forward to take on this tiger.”

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Will Michael Bloomberg fail his CO poster child? Dig deep Bloomberg. You have policy in CO to manipulate.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
lol that's pretty cool of Colorado to be doing.

but I don't quite get your Bloomberg comment. It comes off as very obsessive.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The senator is asking for outside organizations sympathetic to his plight to pay up.

Bloomberg is a multi billionaire who runs MAIG. It is very likely he'll be throwing money into CO as he already is into states like VA and NH. Bloomberg is essentially the cash cow of the gun control crowd.
edit on 19-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
S & F tgrh.

Ahhhhh.. finally something to grin about this morning!

To the soon-to-be-former State Senator from Colorado, in the words of Bill Murray in Ghostbusters II: "Oh boy, did you back the wrong horse Johnny"

The warriors on the western front of the gun grabber effort now hold their collective breath, wondering if Bloomberg will ride back into town pouring out money like a firehose. Money might save their rear-ends, but against an activated, informed, organized and enraged populace, it's not a sure thing by any means.

Things be gettin hot in Colorado for the esteemed gentleman and his ilk.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I hope he gets kicked to the curb just goes to show most politicians care about is themselves.

The people spoke with a recall wish that would translate to the national level and get rid of some of those self serving politicians on Capitol Hill.

edit on 20-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. The people want him out, but he's asking for outside money so he can stay in? I cant wait to see what happens with this story. S & F for you op

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'd like to see a few of them get caught in this. I could see more than a few go kicking and screaming like little kids not getting their way.
Nice to see a coordinated effort have such a successful outcome.
edit on 21-6-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The problem with him asking for out side money is the people in his state likely will not like the outside interference in there state..

This type of outside interference has cause major problem in some states like Calif.

new topics

top topics

join