It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three ancient structures found on Google Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Look at all the impact craters on top of that one little feature. Amazing. Mars is a dangerous place.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

So was Earth a couple of billion years ago.
On Mars the marks stay around a lot longer.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I wonder if NASA plans on rebuilding the Martian atmosphere. Since, ya know, they are planning on sending settlers out there.
edit on 19-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here's that first mesa.

You have to admit.
The streaks however are interesting...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

And could be caused by any number of natural processes. Or well, a few anyways. Wind, water, volcanism, etc.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You can add landslides to the list.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yeah. And Mars has a bunch of crazy stuff going on as well that we aren't familiar with here on Earth. In any event, it looks like any of those things, really. Hard to tell.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok 1st picture is Val Kilmer's home, 2nd picture is a monument to the extraterrestrial artist Greycasso, and the 3rd picture is Arnold Schwarzenegger's home.

Great find op, interesting to say the least. SnF

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

And could be caused by any number of natural processes. Or well, a few anyways. Wind, water, volcanism, etc.

I especially love that water part!
Wasn't it a few years ago that there was no water on mars now...
edit on 19-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by JayinAR

You can add landslides to the list.

And how about that water he added? I know, I know there is no flowing water on Mars... Er...wait.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes. It is possible that very briny water could exist on the surface for short period of time before evaporating, though it's not confirmed.

However it's difficult to explain how such seasonal outflows could originate from an isolated feature like the mesa. What is seen in the article are originating from canyon walls where there is a possibility of underground glacier-like features.

Some of what is seen could be dunes like these:

edit on 6/19/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the close ups.

You know phage your like the guy that points out to all the teenagers acting drunk that their beer is in fact non alcholic beer and those long island ice teas are just lipton. Every one kinda looks at each other shamefully and goes homes.

You've killed my ATS buzz a few times I have to admit

They are interesting features non the less.
edit on 19-6-2013 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well, it is doubtful those features were created by water. I just pointed it out as a possibility, however slight.

Wind or landslides are probably your culprit. There isn't much wind there, but we are talking about processes that occur over vast amounts of time.

Furthermore, I guess that if Mars' atmosphere was stripped away suddenly (
) I guess that COULD be due to flowing water...long ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, interesting features for sure.

I have to say the obvious here, that those are definitely natural features as shown by other images of the same area. I also strongly believe that people shouldn't make posts like these making reference to "structures" as it implies intelligent design, when it's always just a natural feature.

IMO, you simply cannot use Google Moon/Mars to conclude anything about "structures" or possible past civilizations.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
reply to post by GhostLancer

I think Phage's link to a higher resolution image puts any doubt about it being anything other than a naturally formed crater to rest.

Again, I stated that there is no proof one way or the other. While Phage's images are of high quality, it cannot be denied that these plateaus have unusual features on a planet with erosion in place. That being said, I never said that there was PROOF that these were not natural formations. I stated that it is *possible* that they are not, based on some of the angles, etc. I will repeat that until we send manned and/or robotic probes/explorations in the future, we simply have not enough evidence --ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. Phage's images do not prove it one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Again, I stated that there is no proof one way or the other. While Phage's images are of high quality, it cannot be denied that these plateaus have unusual features on a planet with erosion in place. That being said, I never said that there was PROOF that these were not natural formations. I stated that it is *possible* that they are not, based on some of the angles, etc. I will repeat that until we send manned and/or robotic probes/explorations in the future, we simply have not enough evidence --ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. Phage's images do not prove it one way or the other.

By "possible," do you mean a .00000000001% chance? Because that's about the chance I give these formations to be other than natural. I suppose alien life may have built structures with horribly crooked walls, etc.. that are rock-colored.. with no other structures near them... or roads.. or anything else. nawww..

These are natural. You can find equally odd natural structures right here on our planet For example - take the Giant's Causeway in Ireland. If that was not there.. but they did find it on Mars, you'd hear people clamoring that this was absolutely proof of alien structures on Mars. There is nothing I see for any of these that makes them stand out in any way (other being cool because they are on Mars).

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Have you tried "google streetview"?
When I am going into a strange area, I find it helps me get a better prespective view so I can more easily identify the places.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Compared to all the garbage passing as "structures on Mars" these days, these pictures arent that bad actually. Squares, Circlces and Rectangles deserve closer examination for artificiality.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I was wondering that too. They are interesting, but not totally inexplicable by any stretch of the imagination. Still worth looking at. Never stop searching. You never know what you might find!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join