It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three ancient structures found on Google Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not seen this posted yet, however there's always the possibility I've missed it out so apologies if that's the case.....

I was looking over the Google Mars map and came across three structures that I thought were worth mentioning. In the video I use Google ruler to measure the diameter of the structures. They all were between 1-2.5 km across. Perfect size for a base station. It can't be a coincidence that these three structures are so similar in shape and so close to each other. Since the Egyptian pyramids age has been estimated to be between 20,000 to 100,000 (Wikipedia) then I would estimate from their appearance that these structures are about 300,000-500,000 years old at the most.

Link to article:
www.ufosightingsdaily.com...

Not sure what to make of them myself. What about you guys?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The first and third photos kind of look like mesas or plateaus to me. The second photo..that's interesting. Not quite sure what to make of that ring encircling the feature.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Assuming these are unedited genuine images, they may be interesting to look at but, there's no evidence these are anything other than the result of perfectly natural phenomenon. At least not yet, anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Looks pretty interesting
As always, I wish we could get there to investigate first hand. If it's just rocks, then I must say they are really intriguing rocks,

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
The first and third photos kind of look like mesas or plateaus to me. The second photo..that's interesting. Not quite sure what to make of that ring encircling the feature.

Ancient volcanic crater filled with debris and remnants of rock and hardened lava that has been weathered and contains a sedimentary layer of red dust?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The ring on the third looks like the rim of an impact crater in the process of being lost to time and other natural forces.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I'd like to see other views of the 2nd image, but the ring encircling the feature could be a crater rim, and the feature itself could be a central uplift peak (caused by the impact event, like the rebound of a water drop onto still water), or it could have been a crater that was first filled in with dust and sediment over the years, then slowly worn away by wind erosion.

Take Mt. Sharp (Aeolis Mons) for instance. Mt. Sharp/Aeolis Mons is a mountain in the middle of Gale Crater (the location of the Curiosity rover). It is thought to have been formed by sediment laid down by wind and/or water which totally filled Gale Crater, then partly worn away by wind over time, leaving the crater with a mountain in it.

edit on 6/19/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Since the Egyptian pyramids age has been estimated to be between 20,000 to 100,000 (Wikipedia) then I would estimate from their appearance that these structures are about 300,000-500,000 years old at the most.

Never use Wiki.....20,000-100,000 years old ??.....waaaaaaay out there man.

Interesting Pics though..Nice find...

edit on 19-6-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hya

I think the site in question is far behind

There is a member here that is constantly scanning Mars surface
and im very sure that the middle pic has already been posted here by the member.

I may be wrong but my gut tells me otherwise.

dave

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Perfect size for a base station. It can't be a coincidence that these three structures are so similar in shape and so close to each other.

Ancient?
Sure, probably.

Structures?
As far as land forms go, sure.

Base stations?

"Can't be a coincidence"?
Why?

Since the Egyptian pyramids age has been estimated to be between 20,000 to 100,000 (Wikipedia)

Age of the pyramids (according to wikipedia)?
LOL

edit on 6/19/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here's a higher resolution picture of Amazonis Planitia from Themis , I don't see them .
themis.asu.edu...

www.uahirise.org...

edit on 19-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by Just Chris

Since the Egyptian pyramids age has been estimated to be between 20,000 to 100,000 (Wikipedia) then I would estimate from their appearance that these structures are about 300,000-500,000 years old at the most.

Never use Wiki.....20,000-100,000 years old ??.....waaaaaaay out there man.

First of all, Wikipedia doesn't say that.

Secondly, Wikipedia can be good if you follow the sources/references. Bad sources/bad interpretation of sources = bad Wiki article; while good sources = a good article.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Second looks like a crater to me.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Problem the 1st...

Conclusions and dating based on Google mars maps and Wikipedia.

/end

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I'd like to see other views of the 2nd image

Here ya go.
hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

S&F, thanks for posting. The scale of the 1st and 3rd images is pretty immense, considering they are next to impact craters. While Mars doesn't have much of an atmosphere, erosion is well at work on the surface. These large plateaus have some right angles, some differing angles. From what I have seen, a person would be hard-pressed to find similarly shaped plateaus on Earth. The sides are pretty stark, too, clearly defined. Also, consider some of the smaller plateaus on top of the large plateaus --the raised, flat surfaces on the plateau surface. These could be large structures of some kind.

The circular, middile image is the most intriguing, as it seems to be artificial elements surrounded by an artificial (constructed) circular barrier. This seems similar to aerial/satellite imagery of ancient Native American dwellings in the American southwest, as well as parts of Central and South Americas.

Of course, these are just "possibilities." Obviously, there is no hard proof one way or the other. Until we set foot upon that planet and investigate, or send more rovers/robots to cover these interesting areas, we won't know for sure. From what I have seen of OTHER images from Mars, there is great likelihood that there is more to Mars than we have been told.

edit on 19-6-2013 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I think Phage's link to a higher resolution image puts any doubt about it being anything other than a naturally formed crater to rest.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here's that first mesa.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They'd have to be some pretty low tech aliens to not build with congruent shapes. Just mountains, probably the leftovers after some ancient impacts sticking up out of the ground.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Even if the pyramids WERE 100,000 years old, how would somebody use that info to estimate an age of some rocks on Mars?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join