It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pistol-Packing Grandma Starts Neighborhood 'Glock Block'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Kudos to this grandma!!!

A grandmother in Milwaukie, Ore., is organizing a "Glock Block," a pistol-packing group of neighbors that she said she hopes will help deter crime in her community.
Coy Tolonen, 65, said the idea came to her last Thursday after she tried and failed to chase down a thief who ran away with her beloved bronze yard statue.
Later that evening, the grandmother of three said she realized a door to her home had been jimmied open, possibly by the same man she said stole her statue.
"It just made my blood run cold because our grandkids are playing here a lot, and one of them could have been snatched just as easily as the statue," she told ABCNews.com.
"These guys need to know if you're going to pick on a little old lady, then lots of the ladies I know are packing [guns]. They're sweet ladies but if it's their life, I'm sorry you're going to lose yours," Tolonen said.

Story

I love this, lets start seeing more of these neighborhood groups.
I know you anti gun, freedon hating libs (you know who you are) will most undoubtedly chime in saying this wont deter crime. I call BS, no thief in their right mind will try to enter a house when the occupant is armed.
I'm sorry, with the rate of crime rising crazily, this is EXACTLY what needs to be done.
Go ahead, say it. Say let the police deal with it. Guess what? They wont.
If you truely believe it, then you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was involved some years ago in a similar patrol formation.

Crime dropped off immediately in the area in question after the local paper ran an article on it while it rose steadily in the surrounding neighborhoods.

The cops had a million excuses they used to bitch about people doing their jobs for them.

The local disarmament bunch (mostly made up of the parents of the gangster cretins that were doing the crime in the first place) had a hissy fit.

It's been over a decade since I left that area and as far as I know it remains the only crime-free oasis in that horrible city.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This would help too.

Along with some tracking trophies and some big game hunting pictures.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Property has signs all over it that state "Trespasser's will be shot, survivors will be shot again" and on my front and back doors are signs that say "Fu** 911, I dial .357". You want to know how many times my home has been broken in to? Twice since I turned 21 and bought my first handgun. And both of those times I was living in the ghetto, and both were when no one was home. Every other house in that neighborhood was broken into a minimum of 10x a year. I moved out to the country in the fall of 2010 and no one will even step foot past my gates without permission, much less approach my house to attempt to break in.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
This would help too.

Along with some tracking trophies and some big game hunting pictures.

Needs a few Zip lock and Black Plastic Bags...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

And this book on the coffee table as well.
It would creep someone the hell out

edit on 20-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by abeverage

And this book on the coffee table as well.
It would creep someone the hell out

edit on 20-6-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

Indeed a disturbing deterrent. Keeping my eye on you grey for suggesting it but I did laugh first...

top topics

join