It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sight at manifestations in São Paulo - Brasil

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AustUFOs
I wonder why they decided to do that? Any theories?
they are picking up on the collective vibe maybe?

I think it's easy to just say "drone" but then why don't we see more doing the exact same thing? why is this one special and gets to shine really bright? what do the news drones look like? I would like to see footage from a roof top and street so we could get a better idea of altitude, then someone could determine speed. those ones in the background are interesting.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I think it's easy to just say "drone" but then why don't we see more doing the exact same thing?

Perhaps they're a new tool for on the scene reporters .

why is this one special and gets to shine really bright?

Maybe they added one to suit the conditions or maybe its the LEDs that we know are on the drone .

what do the news drones look like?

They look like this from the link provided by Breeeezing , this one was in the air at the scene .

Here's the video of the protest he shot with it .

This is what is in the OP video .

edit on 21-6-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add video

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

you realize that video was edited to make it speed up, it's not actually doing that and the one with the colored leds is not even close to the luminosity of the subject object. and I wasn't asking what the actual news drones actually looked like I meant its ability to maneuver the way the one is doing in the op.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by gortex

you realize that video was edited to make it speed up, it's not actually doing that and the one with the colored leds is not even close to the luminosity of the subject object. and I wasn't asking what the actual news drones actually looked like I meant its ability to maneuver the way the one is doing in the op.

I already posted a video of it maneuvering...www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the one with the colored LED's is a completely different drone and I don't know why you keep saying it couldn't have that luminosity when it Absolutely could have considering how close it is.
edit on 22-6-2013 by raifordko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by raifordko

yeah I saw that doing flips. that was cool but it never went way up into the clouds like the original one and nobody mentions the ones in the background.

You must've missed where I said to someone that it would be nice to have a shot of it from a roof so we could get a better sense of how high up it was.

I don't get why, if you can use the argument there is no way you can accurately determine altitude, you can claim you know how low it was.

I'm not saying I know what it was but so far the drone crowd is playing the double standard. Someone needs to rig a copter thingy with a bright white light and see how it looks. My thoughts are that if the drone copter is low you'd see the individual leds and if it is higher, so you wouldn't hear it, it couldn't match the speed. the thing is, it could be a military drone and if that's the case who knows; that's probably what most ufo sightings are anyway. NEWS FLASH!!! US Military has ufo-capability drones to spy on us.

p.s.
if it's not a drone, then it's cgi, if not cgi it's a ufo or maybe Super Lightning Bug Man
edit on 22-6-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The drone NEVER went in the clouds. Put your glasses on. I dont think you even know the elevation those types of clouds form in.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

still higher than the rooftops and it did go into the cloud. you have no more proof of anything

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

you realize that video was edited to make it speed up

Yes I realize that and I don't see what difference it makes , we have video evidence of the quad copter flying above the crowds in São Paulo as the object in the OP video does , I didn't see the object in the OP vidoe do anything that suggests its not a quad copter
Sometimes a news drone is just a news drone

edit on 22-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The chances of this being a drone are literally 0%. I agree with the poster a couple
of posts back that there is no way it would be giving out the type of luminance that
the object in the OP is, and as well as this to also have a camera mounted to its base?

This is not even considering the fact that the news drone would be in no way capable
of pulling the maneuvers at the velocities of the object in the OP, no matter how many
videos you provide of rc helipcopters preforming fancy moves, also note the close range
of those piloting small rc helicopters etc to their craft - within 50-100m where as this object
moved around from the axis of the observer in a range of 1000m+

Peace
edit on 22-6-2013 by cassiopeia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiopeia
This is not even considering the fact that the news drone would be in no way capable
of pulling the maneuvers at the velocities of the object in the OP, no matter how many
videos you provide of rc helipcopters preforming fancy moves, also note the close range
of those piloting small rc helicopters etc to their craft - within 50-100m where as this object
moved around from the axis of the observer in a range of 1000m+

I have seen several videos of quadcopters flying 1km or more away from the controller.

The speed of the object we see in the video depends on the distance from the camera, so if we don't know the distance we cannot know the speed at which it was moving.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Very true but the distances can be estimated using a bit of pythagoras and upon closer inspection of the video I think the distances travelled by the object could exceed my original estimate. Using the building seen on the left in the below images as a reference to the observer -

- Building is roughly 13+ stories and appears to be up to 400+yards away (around 20sec mark).
- The object then travels beyound the building at high speed increasing in altitude before appearing to enter cloud cover at around 2000 yards horizontally from the observer and up to 2000 yards vertically (cumulous cloud cover) making the object up to 2500m away.

You can see clearly the times taken for these events to occur in the video in relation to the axis of the building i have used as a fixed point location in relation to the observer.

In my opinion these are impossibilites for a news drone in such time scales and at such rates of velocity.

Added the video again for clarity-

edit on 22-6-2013 by cassiopeia because: video added

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

seems to be your life story

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

still higher than the rooftops and it did go into the cloud. you have no more proof of anything

It never went in the clouds, you are blind.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiopeia

I already discredited you.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The gizmodo article that was written in Portuguese says witnesses placed it between 50 and 500 feet, and that it had been as close as 25 feet in other places. The guy filming it doesn't even make an exclamation about it being a UFO and you can hear people saying "let them watch" or "let them look" in a defiant manner conveying they knew it was a drone. (As told to me by a Brazilian coworker)

If it was as big and fast as you are ridiculously claiming, it would have been visible for tens of miles and there would be MANY more videos/images of it.

www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

In case you refuse to read the links, Folha de S.Paulo TV News has already said it was their drone that people mistook for a UFO. You're grasping at straws holding onto the UFO/ET theory.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

As being blind to the facts seems to be yours .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

As being blind to the facts seems to be yours .
they weren't facts until they were facts, you guys seem to put a lot of weight on wishful thinking.

or should I say they AREN'T facts until they're facts. I didn't read anywhere where it talked about the light. it said the drone had a camera and the one I saw in one of the videos has blue and red lights. that article was not conclusive. let's see the white one
edit on 23-6-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by raifordko

In case you refuse to read the links, Folha de S.Paulo TV News has already said it was their drone that people mistook for a UFO. You're grasping at straws holding onto the UFO/ET theory.
and tv people would never lie about anything
we need to see their drone with a bright white light

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassiopeia
Very true but the distances can be estimated using a bit of pythagoras and upon closer inspection of the video I think the distances travelled by the object could exceed my original estimate.

Yes, but we need two known values to get the unknown.

Using the building seen on the left in the below images as a reference to the observer -

- Building is roughly 13+ stories and appears to be up to 400+yards away (around 20sec mark).

Using Google Street View, that building on the left has some stories and is 310 metres away.

- The object then travels beyound the building at high speed increasing in altitude before appearing to enter cloud cover at around 2000 yards horizontally from the observer and up to 2000 yards vertically (cumulous cloud cover) making the object up to 2500m away.

That's when the problems start.
- How can we know that the object travelled beyond the building?
- How can we know if it increase its altitude?
- How can we know if it really entered cloud cover? (it doesn't look like it did to me)
- Where do you get those 2000 yards horizontally?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by cassiopeia

Cumulus clouds can start around 300 feet depending on humidity and air pressure. The drone in the video never went in the clouds.

You keep making up random distances and it's just making your argument look weak.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join