It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sight at manifestations in São Paulo - Brasil

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Fake videos and hoaxes out of Russia, Brazil and Asia are so common, I question why anyone would give second thought to a blurry low quality example such as this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Brazil has a lot of festivals, celebrations, parades and they release a lot of crap into the sky. Guys screaming UFO at an unknown object that was identifiable by the people present, could be nothing more than teens joking around and the video somehow being taken seriously on the internet. Wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BullwinkleKicksButt
Clearly, swamp gas.
hahahaha

this is for you and the 2 people that starred you....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19/6/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If this isnt CGI, which it doesn't seem to be imo..

Then this is undeniably a UFO in every sense
of the phrase as no conventionally avionic systems
that I am aware of behave in the manner shown in
the vid..

Peace..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiopeia
If this isnt CGI, which it doesn't seem to be imo..

Then this is undeniably a UFO in every sense
of the phrase as no conventionally avionic systems
that I am aware of behave in the manner shown in
the vid..

Peace..

You are not really exploring every possibility before calling it a "UFO". Again, this would not be the first time some teens from Brazil screamed "UFO" as a joke, whilst looking up at the sky during a public event where balloons, lanterns or other similar objects were flying erratically in the wind (Creating the illusion of intelligent control.) and then uploading it to youtube and sitting back and enjoying the UFO crowd swear it is aliens. Seeing as this video was largely ignored and not plastered everywhere in Latin America...its safe to assume that once again, people fall for this, while Brazilian jokesters laugh and point from a distance.
edit on 19-6-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

That's what I think we see on the video on the OP, one of those fast quadcopters.

I want one of those.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

I explored the possibility that it could be a object capable of flight known to myself
- plane, helicopter, bird etc
or that it could be an object moving due to climatic factors
- balloon etc
and in my opinion its movements, speeds, luminance and general behaviour are not consistent with
any of these, so to my eyes thats an 'unidentified flying object'

Peace..

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one that clearly sees a white balloon? It looks like a white balloon to me. When you first see it, it's just been released and the camera follows it up, after that it's all wind currents and play of light.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a very interesting video.
Heavy cloud cover.
The object moves very quickly and makes some very sharp turns.
It is small. Those are low level clouds.

If that is some sort of toy, it is badass and I want one.

I doubt VERY MUCH that it is a Government drone.

It seems to produce its own light, as it is quite bright against a dark, cloudy background.

Hmm...
This is the best video I have seen in some time.

It could be CGI. I was looking to see the reaction of spectators when the camera wasn't focused on the sky and I didn't notice anyone else paying attention to it.

IMHO, it is either CGI or it is a bonafide UFO.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Not saying I found the thing flitting around in the sky. Just noticed these...

:23 into here...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
i can't say much for the actual veracity of this clip;
i'm sure The Squad will be along shortly to tell us all how it can not possibly be anything but a balloon on the wind
but for myself it was intriguing enough
and displaying enough of the characteristics i look for in a 'legit' clip [manoeuvers, reactions, setting shots]
that i broke a year long post hiatus just to keep up with it
of course nothing will come of it
but i an reinvigorated with Hope for the search.

i must say it seems odd it would appear over a mass demonstration in Brazil. not sure what to think of that at all at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura
i can't say much for the actual veracity of this clip;
i'm sure The Squad will be along shortly to tell us all how it can not possibly be anything but a balloon on the wind
but for myself it was intriguing enough
and displaying enough of the characteristics i look for in a 'legit' clip [manoeuvers, reactions, setting shots]
that i broke a year long post hiatus just to keep up with it
of course nothing will come of it
but i an reinvigorated with Hope for the search.

i must say it seems odd it would appear over a mass demonstration in Brazil. not sure what to think of that at all at all.

Perhaps you were among those here in ATS that were just as excited (And insistent about the validity of the video) when that UFO video from Brazil showed a craft hiding and flying among the clouds....that is, until slow motion play and careful scrutiny showed it was nothing more than more CGI from our Portuguese speaking friends. Same reaction from "witnesses"...same excitement....just another hoax. Same city, too.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Neat-o. The other clips from different perspectives showing it flitting around in the background seem to negate the cgi claim from the usual usually ultra-sane ones. If cgi, then quite a good effort.

This looks like some smallish light source flitting around near the base of the low clouds.

The videographer in the first video seems mildly retarded, though. Going to the crowd once is fine for setting and perspective, but why all the cuts back to pan the crowd? Oh well, at least they caught it at all.

Until convincingly debunked, good ufo catch... whatever the heck it is. Although it could be actual ball lightening, though it moves a tad fast for that ... not that I'm an expert on ball lightening speed.

Not that it matters, but I've seen lights like that flitting around the sky a couple times myself... and I doubt that was cgi, unless things are really, really whacked.

edit on 6/19/2013 by Baddogma because: added foggy notion

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

i think you're putting words in my mouth. i started my post saying that i can't speak to the veracity of this clip, i just find it quite compelling. obviously CG has advanced rapidly in recent times and although this LOOKS quite realistic [i know i couldn't merge a cg light with the clouds so convincingly] the chance remains that it is of course a hoax. which is why i am following this thread.
Important: a hoax happening in a city no more effects the chances of another video from the same city also being a hoax than being mugged in a city would make the next person you meet also a mugger.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Drone

reply to post by JayinAR

Can someone translate what they're saying in video?
edit on 6-19-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Both the thread author and Armap have translated the relevant phrases already in this thread.

"the UFOs support the movement" is the general gist...with some other less savory comments thrown in.

Problem is, like I said, it is just that one guy. Everyone else seems to be focused on the rally.

If this is a legit UFO, amidst that many people, I am very surprised no other video is surfacing.

Likely a hoax at this point

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I really believe its a drone, and not from the police but from the media, that used some of them to cover the event together with the helis.

This is the drone used by a newspaper called Folha de São Paulo.

A video made with the same drone over the area of the first video.

Officialy the Military police of São Paulo only use drones on ambiental control.

The federal police has some of the IAI Heron, but they are big, and made to be stealth.
IAI Heron

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
Am I the only one that clearly sees a white balloon? It looks like a white balloon to me. When you first see it, it's just been released and the camera follows it up, after that it's all wind currents and play of light.
Are you serious? A balloon and wind currents? I don't care what altitude it is at, wind currents don't take an object several thousand feet in one direction, stop, and then blow it back in the same direction, stop again and blown back the other way. If it was wind it would be swirling around this way and that and be gone in thirty seconds. Not in a straight trajectory.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The best way I can think of to debunk this, is if no other videos of it emerge. That is a massive crowd, with todays technology more that one person would have had a camera. If this stays the only video I'll have to lean more toward it being fake.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I don't believe this is a joke. You can clearly see from another footage in a diferente place the same object flying in the sky, take a look:

it was taken from this vid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join