It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Life review thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
anyone have any good links or material on it,

have read raymond moody stuff on it but sometimes, man, as I go through life, i look forward to the day where some. particularly work colleagues, can see the complexity of experience, they so idly judge and what got you to that point, it's a silly thing to attach to, but sometimes can't help but live in hope, they will get the full picture

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
is this what you are talking about?

Recapitulation is a term used by Carlos Castaneda in his book, The Eagle’s Gift, published in 1982. In The Eagle's Gift, Florinda, one of don Juan's party of warriors, teaches Castaneda about the process and purpose of recapitulation. She explained that recapitulation consisted of "recollecting one's life down to the most insignificant detail" and that when a woman's recapitulation was complete she "no longer abided by the limitations of her person."[1] She further explained that in the process of recapitulation one recounts all the feelings they invested in whatever memory they were reviewing.

en.wikipedia.org...

there is more sources at that link.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
kinda, it is said, you relive everything, everyone else felt, include experience, feelings, thought process and what their motives were as if you were them

having spent much of the last 3 years feeling quite misjudged at times, it would be nice if they saw my side of the story

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't always know why I do things a certain way, if you tried to remember every little detail than you would run out of memory and wouldn't be able to do so many different kinds of things. Memorizing patterns and basic information is best. Experience is golden, knowledge is only fools gold.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading this book...it's an interesting read whether you believe in it or not...

Journey of Souls

Using a special hypnosis technique to reach the hidden memories of subjects, Dr. Newton discovered some amazing insights into what happens to us between lives. Journey of Souls is the record of 29 people who recalled their experiences between physical deaths.

Through their extraordinary stories, you will learn specifics about:

·How it feels to die
·What you see and feel right after death
·The truth about "spiritual guides"
·What happens to "disturbed" souls
·Why you are assigned to certain soul groups in the spirit world and what you do there
· How you choose another body to return to Earth
·The different levels of souls: beginning, intermediate, and advanced
·When and where you first learn to recognize soulmates on Earth

edit on 19-6-2013 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yah, i did that a few years back concerning my participation in sports, i did a few memorable things and got gossipped about to no end (started in 1980, they're still talkin' about me
), it spread into several other sports and even into 'hollywood', and left me slightly (highly?) confused!
so reliving it and figuring out how other people were affected
(some died,sweet revenge!) was entirely benificial to my well being!
so anyway, especially if gossiping is involved, it's something you totaly need to do to go on sane living.

there are some breathing techniques involved, also don jaun buries carlos in the ground saying the earth is a great healer... i didn't do that stuff, but i might try that in the future!

it's a pretty real thing, give it a go and good luck!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
to the poster above, I am talking about a life review, reported, typically in regression/obe experiences where a regressed/temporally dead describes the life review, seeing and experiencing every one they have touched and everyone they have hurt, and experiences every thing the other person did

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dharma Employee

have read raymond moody stuff on it but sometimes, man, as I go through life, i look forward to the day where some. particularly work colleagues, can see the complexity of experience, they so idly judge and what got you to that point, it's a silly thing to attach to, but sometimes can't help but live in hope, they will get the full picture

Yes! I have these same thoughts.

Its been a while since I read this, but it really stuck with me. One of the most well-known cases of a near death experience: Saved By The Light by Dannion Brinkley

Young Dannion was quite the bully, so his life review was a painful one, as he relived his Earthly experiences from his victim's point of view. This life review had such a profound effect, that when Mr Brinkley returned, he turned his life completely around, with a focus on kindness and compassion.
Unfortunately, most of us don't get a do-over.

I think of this often when I see people's actions or behavior cause others an undue amount of pain and suffering that they aren't even aware of causing. So many people are focused so tightly on themselves, what feels good, gets a laugh, or what's easiest or most convenient for them. They never even give a thought to the emotional pain they inflict on those around them. Many of them wouldn't care anyway. So it makes me feel a little better knowing someday, they will see and feel exactly what kind of pain they caused. Physically and emotionally FEEL and relive it.

Another book that illuminates the idea of how your actions affect others in both positive and negative ways: The Five People You Meet In Heaven This one is a work of fiction, a small, quick read. But it is very thought provoking, and will change the way you see the world. It will make you look at your own behavior and actions from the outside-in.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 321equinox

Originally posted by Dharma Employee

Yes! I have these same thoughts.

Its been a while since I read this, but it really stuck with me. One of the most well-known cases of a near death experience: Saved By The Light by Dannion Brinkley

Young Dannion was quite the bully, so his life review was a painful one, as he relived his Earthly experiences from his victim's point of view. This life review had such a profound effect, that when Mr Brinkley returned, he turned his life completely around, with a focus on kindness and compassion.
Unfortunately, most of us don't get a do-over.

I think of this often when I see people's actions or behavior cause others an undue amount of pain and suffering that they aren't even aware of causing. So many people are focused so tightly on themselves, what feels good, gets a laugh, or what's easiest or most convenient for them. They never even give a thought to the emotional pain they inflict on those around them. Many of them wouldn't care anyway. So it makes me feel a little better knowing someday, they will see and feel exactly what kind of pain they caused. Physically and emotionally FEEL and relive it.

Another book that illuminates the idea of how your actions affect others in both positive and negative ways: The Five People You Meet In Heaven This one is a work of fiction, a small, quick read. But it is very thought provoking, and will change the way you see the world. It will make you look at your own behavior and actions from the outside-in.

I have at peace in the light on my bookshelf, by dannion brinkely so presume, saved by the light may be the prequel/sequel of his experiences, it been a few years since I looked at it, i guess the life review thing is in the saved by the light book ?

will have to check out the other one, thank you for the recommendation

don't get me wrong, am sure, I have caused pain in life and as you say, often not all are aware of their statements/actions and the pain they may inflict but sometimes I reflect on the last 15 years of my life, and the experiences difficult to explain and my sensitivty to stuff and I wouldn't even know where to begin so, I find the life review, thing comforting

I kinda think, I can appreciate, I may have caused you pain but have you any idea, how complex, kundalini awakening, psychic attack, acute empathic experience and past life karmic soul connections are along with the normal levels of frequent rejection and alienation that the world offers, it has frequently been misperceieved and labelled and I at times have been suspected of lying when I have been telling the truth, that kinda bizare crap

top topics

join