It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Perhaps he doesn't agree with 6-11 year olds learning about anything "sexual"...

Which I would agree with...

Do you believe that this show is going to be sexual? Are you under the impression that this show is going to have graphic depictions of sexual encounters?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by Im2keul

Originally posted by Im2keul

It means just as you read it, I could care less what people do for enjoyment. However I don't believe in all the glamourizing and recruiting. It's my opinion, like it or not.

You just want people to shut up about being what they are unless it happens to conform with the ideals you have set aside as worthy of praise, right? I wonder if you also feel the same way about all of the Jesusing that goes on daily in popular media, because.. man is there a LOT of it...

Your misunderstanding me , maybe?
I believe certain things are, let's say.... age appropriate? get it slick?

No, I don't understand what you are saying, especially now that you are changing the very essence of your claim.

First you were going on about "desensitizing" which implies that someone would be sensitive to the material to begin with, which again means that someone was had to be "old enough" to be exposed to that material.

Are you okay with children learning about male/female relationships? If you said yes, you are either okay with children learning about gay relationships, or you simply aren't okay with people being gay.

Find somewhere else to troll, If you don't get it you never will.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Perhaps he doesn't agree with 6-11 year olds learning about anything "sexual"...

Which I would agree with...

Do you believe that this show is going to be sexual? Are you under the impression that this show is going to have graphic depictions of sexual encounters?

No...

was referring to this statement... not the show...

Are you okay with children learning about male/female relationships? If you said yes, you are either okay with children learning about gay relationships, or you simply aren't okay with people being gay.

Are you ok with children of that particular age group learning about "relationships" of any kind?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Are you ok with children of that particular age group learning about "relationships" of any kind?

Absolutely.

Children that age already have years of education on relationships. A vast majority are inundated with imagery of people in relationships, whether it be two parents in a relationship, a grandmother and grandfather, aunt and uncle, uncle and uncle, or the lesbians that live next door. The Incredibles is a cartoon about a family structure with a mother and father at the top. Would it be a different story if it was two mothers? No, not at all.

Are you okay with children of that particular age group learning about relationships? If so, how would you stop it from happening?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I certainly am not accusing you of having issues with gays. A certain level of homophobia is ingrained in our culture. Gender identity is a very key component of how all cultures are built, even amongst the other animals. I apologize if I came off that way, as that is not what I was meaning to say. Or, rather, i am condemning our culture, not individuals within it.

All too often we crush our children. Grind them through years of "education", creating docile sheep. Everyone praises the child who will sit quietly, while harboring resentment for the children who are questioning and active (often times choosing to medicate them to fix their lack of sedentary traits).

Would I let my otherwise normal son dress like a girl? Not likely. But if he was emotionally troubled from gender identity issues? How could I not? It would just be another way to crush him. To grind him down, like all the other kids.

If we are to talk about kids bullying, then we have to confront the ugly truth that we, as adults in society, encourage that bullying. This very conversation, driven by a cultural homophobia, can be construed as a support for ostracising people who are different. Same as with fat people. Celebrities are ridiculed on TV for gaining a few pounds while they are pregnant. And then we expect our children to not emulate that same behavior in their own microsocietal levels?

I say "Be the change you want to see". Stop bullying by not acknowledging that being different is anything other than simply being different. Support people making that choice. Don't laugh at jokes that demean others. Do I do this? Not always. But I am burdened by knowing better.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There are more than two genders and what about Transgenders and Intersexed people? They were born both genders and some want to stay neutral they even have IS on their passport. Its people like you that are still living in the burning times and your scared of change. Oh also what right do you have to judge someone on their gender and sexuality.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Well said...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

It is more telling that you wouldn't answer my straight forward questions and decided to call me a troll. John Lennon said it best..

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

While it is my opinion that dressing a young boy like a young girl isn't something I would want my child being taught...

Do you want your child being taught to ride on bombs?

Do you want your child to learn to let the cat eat birds?

Or to fight with knives and forks?

I think you need to compare how you feel about this cartoon as compared to other cartoons. I know you say it's not about being gay or homophobic, but I think it is, because if you were really concerned about the messages your kid's getting, you wouldn't let him watch cartoons at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Kids can't even be kids these days as its so pc and all kids like to dress up. No surprise they are so depressed and play on computer games instead of playing out. Parents won't allow them to have fun.
edit on 6/19/1313 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

also good points...

I think you need to compare how you feel about this cartoon as compared to other cartoons. I know you say it's not about being gay or homophobic, but I think it is, because if you were really concerned about the messages your kid's getting, you wouldn't let him watch cartoons at all.

its not about being gay... *facepalm*

its about boys acting like boys... Not running around in pink dresses with lipstick, and a make up bag...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What, were they trying to make the most controversial children show possible?
edit on 6/19/2013 by Tyler133 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

how did our species progress from this...
. . .
To this...

The irony is that both are current artistic depictions of life past and present. They show choices basically. Setting the stage for later worldviews and specialization. We don't particularly want everyone to be in the warrior class.

I should read Brave New World again some time.

The Introduction (Chapters 1–6)
The novel opens in London in 632 (AD 2540 in the Gregorian Calendar). The vast majority of the population is unified under the World State, an eternally peaceful, stable global society in which goods and resources are plentiful (because the population is permanently limited to no more than two billion people) and everyone is happy. Natural reproduction has been done away with and children are created, 'decanted' and raised in Hatcheries and Conditioning Centres, where they are divided into five castes (which are further split into 'Plus' and 'Minus' members) and designed to fulfill predetermined positions within the social and economic strata of the World State. Fetuses chosen to become members of the highest castes, 'Alpha' and 'Beta', are allowed to develop naturally while maturing to term in "decanting bottles", while fetuses chosen to become members of the lower castes ('Gamma', 'Delta', 'Epsilon') are subjected to in situ chemical interference to cause arrested development in intelligence or physical growth.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A child knows what gender they are when they are age 4+ so why are you worried about your kids watching cartoons of fictional characters dressing up as the opposite sex.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

its about boys acting like boys... Not running around in pink dresses with lipstick, and a make up bag...

Ohhhh, now I get it! It's about you wanting to reinforce archaic gender stereotypes like it was the 1950's! This whole thread finally makes sense to me now.

edit on 19-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Ohhhh, now I get it! It's about you wanting to reinforce archaic gender stereotypes like it was the 1950's! This whole thread finally makes sense to me now.

Archaic?

Playing baseball, climbing trees, skateboarding... is archaic?

Im sure they can be done just as well in a pink dress... but who knows...

Some of you guys are hilarious...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Akragon do you also think that Intersexed kids are abnormal too and that we should get rid of them? As I said anything can happen when a baby is being made and its not just about the chromosomes I know a woman with XY chromosome and she is female. Also I know an Intersexed person who likes to stay neutral aka neither he or she

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Oh, you can misquote me all you want, but it's not fooling anybody..well, maybe one person. Hey, I like baseball. I also like sewing and embroidery. No, I'm not ashamed to admit it at all that I enjoy a traditionally female hobby/skill.

You obviously have a problem with people acting outside of their traditional gender roles. The "archaic" I'm talking about is you telling me I can't enjoy me some embroidering and sewing because I'm a male.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Archaic?

Im sure they can be done just as well in a pink dress... but who knows...

Some of you guys are hilarious...

So you can only climb trees, skateboard, or play baseball.. if you are a boy?

I really don't understand you, and I don't want to believe you are simply being sexist. Could you elaborate, because I want to believe that you are somehow joking and Im not getting it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Akragon do you also think that Intersexed kids are abnormal too and that we should get rid of them? As I said anything can happen when a baby is being made and its not just about the chromosomes I know a woman with XY chromosome and she is female. Also I know an Intersexed person who likes to stay neutral aka neither he or she

I find a lot of your assumptions to be rather offensive honestly...

so I find no need to dignify them with a response...

People are whoever they are... but I don't see a point behind having a boy dress up as a girl superhero...

IF you do... so be it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join