It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It has nothing to do with being gay... I already addressed that in an earlier post...

At a young age, "gay" is expressed as gender identity. This has everything to do with being gay, and homophobia. You can "address it in a prior post" 6 ways to Sunday....it has to do with gender identity and sexuality. Or, that is the fear.

You say, "Nothing good can come of it." What do you mean by that? That something bad will come of it? Do you really think that it won't create any positive outcome?

You can speak from both sides of your mouth if you wish. But it doesn't change the fact that this thread is rooted in homophobic fears.

Well you are free to your opinion...

While it is my opinion that dressing a young boy like a young girl isn't something I would want my child being taught... I have no issue with gay people what so ever... but you think whatever you like

Sound good?

Thanks for your replies

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

If only we could get a ATS D&D game going

I often played female characters, challenging to roleplay especially when my gal had a 18 charisma and all my pals wanted to get in her pants

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im2keul
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

It means just as you read it, I could care less what people do for enjoyment. However I don't believe in all the glamourizing and recruiting. It's my opinion, like it or not.

You just want people to shut up about being what they are unless it happens to conform with the ideals you have set aside as worthy of praise, right? I wonder if you also feel the same way about all of the Jesusing that goes on daily in popular media, because.. man is there a LOT of it...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It has nothing to do with being gay... I already addressed that in an earlier post...

At a young age, "gay" is expressed as gender identity. This has everything to do with being gay, and homophobia. You can "address it in a prior post" 6 ways to Sunday....it has to do with gender identity and sexuality. Or, that is the fear.

You say, "Nothing good can come of it." What do you mean by that? That something bad will come of it? Do you really think that it won't create any positive outcome?

You can speak from both sides of your mouth if you wish. But it doesn't change the fact that this thread is rooted in homophobic fears.

Well you are free to your opinion...

While it is my opinion that dressing a young boy like a young girl isn't something I would want my child being taught... I have no issue with gay people what so ever... but you think whatever you like

Sound good?

Thanks for your replies

My thoughts as well, they can figure out their own preference soon enough.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I often played female characters, challenging to roleplay especially when my gal had a 18 charisma and all my pals wanted to get in her pants

I also used characters that were both male and female, and often of other races (Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, etc.). It's all in good fun! No different from playing dress up as kids and taking turns playing the roles of mommy, daddy, daughter or son. It's only make-believe!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

It means just as you read it, I could care less what people do for enjoyment. However I don't believe in all the glamourizing and recruiting. It's my opinion, like it or not.

You just want people to shut up about being what they are unless it happens to conform with the ideals you have set aside as worthy of praise, right? I wonder if you also feel the same way about all of the Jesusing that goes on daily in popular media, because.. man is there a LOT of it...

Your misunderstanding me , maybe?
I believe certain things are, let's say.... age appropriate? get it slick?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

IF I had a son... I would not want him watching this show...

The message seems to be that if a boy wants to be a super hero, he must first become a girl.

I spent some time a few years ago with a 19 year old girl who had 3 children, 2 girls and a boy.

She admitted that she really hated boys. Males, to her were crap until they reached maturity.

The boy was often heard to ask the question, "Mom, when do I get to be a girl?"

So yeah, as much as gender equality should be presented as positive, the idea of compensating for a historical imbalance is noxious in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I think that might be a possibility... theres a few ways via cpu games...

neverwinter nights specifically... anyone who has a copy or knows where to get one can play with all the dice, and full roleplay

Theres a new version of it too... which Im trying to get into... Its set up like warcraft though... which is slightly annoying... but theres interesting features.... for instance priests are almost completely taking out of melee...

Check it out....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Already got it and tomorrow it goes from beta to live

Not really an rp game, more action RP but you can make your own adventures. But is far from roleplaying If you get my drift.
Based on the new edition of D&D which is catering for world of warcraft players....I mean no alignment? you can not play a chaotic evil dude anymore...pfft. 2nd edition all the way

edit on 19-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think that this will make any problem to any children, people needs to learn young to respect other people Independent of color, sex, gender etc.... I think that education Is the best way, They are doing It right.

link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Akragon

The message seems to be that if a boy wants to be a super hero, he must first become a girl.

I spent some time a few years ago with a 19 year old girl who had 3 children, 2 girls and a boy.

She admitted that she really hated boys. Males, to her were crap until they reached maturity.

The boy was often heard to ask the question, "Mom, when do I get to be a girl?"

So yeah, as much as gender equality should be presented as positive, the idea of compensating for a historical imbalance is noxious in my opinion.

Right!

I don't understand what happened to just being a boy or a girl! :bnghd:

how did our species progress from this...

To this...

Now mind you... that may be a bit over dramatic...

but you get my point...

link   
I don't think that you'll have very many boys that will admit to watching this.

Just my opinion

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Already got it and tomorrow it goes from beta to live

Not really an rp game, more action RP but you can make your own adventures. But is far from roleplaying If you get my drift.
Based on the new edition of D&D which is catering for world of warcraft players....I mean no alignment? you can not play a chaotic evil dude anymore...pfft. 2nd edition all the way

edit on 19-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Ya I've played it... I don't have much of an opinion on it as of yet...

But I was actually referring to this game as far as "roleplay" is concerned

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

2nd

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Am I wrong about this?

not at all

I don't think it will destroy America or the world as the links say... but I think these are some bountries that probably shouldn't be broken here...

me either
shouldn't PUSH any sexual agenda on the youth its part of their personal development to know them selves amongst peers not be fed this to direct (not guide) them a certain way

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

I'm sick of people comparing Bugs Bunny to this new cartoon. For starters, cross dressing wasn't a wide spread "fad" like it is now. Hence, it was for comedy purposes. Secondly, he does it to ESCAPE. Not to transform himself into a girl for the hell of it, or to fight crime.

Children which are the target audience for this cartoon don't even know what they want yet. They have no clue about sexuality. (For the most part.) How about we just have guys that are guys and girls that are girls? I mean, seriously. Why is it all of a sudden so "wrong" to be what we are born as?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Your misunderstanding me , maybe?
I believe certain things are, let's say.... age appropriate? get it slick?

No, I don't understand what you are saying, especially now that you are changing the very essence of your claim.

First you were going on about "desensitizing" which implies that someone would be sensitive to the material to begin with, which again means that someone was had to be "old enough" to be exposed to that material.

Are you okay with children learning about male/female relationships? If you said yes, you are either okay with children learning about gay relationships, or you simply aren't okay with people being gay.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Perhaps he doesn't agree with 6-11 year olds learning about anything "sexual"...

Which I would agree with...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by tanda7

I'm sick of people comparing Bugs Bunny to this new cartoon. For starters, cross dressing wasn't a wide spread "fad" like it is now. Hence, it was for comedy purposes. Secondly, he does it to ESCAPE. Not to transform himself into a girl for the hell of it, or to fight crime.

Because it's funny for a male to dress like a woman, right? Because men shouldn't want to debase themselves like that, right? You know, men are better than women! Why would a man want to dress like a woman for any reason other than comedy?? HAHAHA! -_-

Children which are the target audience for this cartoon don't even know what they want yet. They have no clue about sexuality. (For the most part.) How about we just have guys that are guys and girls that are girls? I mean, seriously. Why is it all of a sudden so "wrong" to be what we are born as?

You aren't born with a predetermined gender. Gender is taught. If gender was a constant than every culture in the world would dress their men or women in the same exact way, and each would assign the same exact tasks to men or women. We don't. Some cultures require men to where heavy makeup, some cultures forbid it. Masculine colors vary from culture to culture, and it is about time we begin to understand that.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I'm sick of people comparing Bugs Bunny to this new cartoon.
My post was a response to the OPs conversation with another member about Bugs, I didn't bring it up.

.... it was for comedy purposes. Secondly, he does it to ESCAPE.
He doesn't do it to escape, he does it because it's funny to trick his adversaries.

Why is it all of a sudden so "wrong" to be what we are born as?
I don't think it is wrong to be what we are born as. I don't think the cartoon in question is trying to recruit young boys to be something other that what they are, maybe it's aimed at showing young boys who want to be feminine that it's okay, that they can be a super hero also.

edit on 19-6-2013 by tanda7 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join