It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by Akragon
IF you had a young boy would you be happy with him dressing like wonder women... IF that was his favorite super hero?

If I had a child, I'd support anything that made him or her happy so long as it's not physically harming anyone. Perhaps that is the theme of the cartoon?

I can definitely appreciate that...

Though isn't it the job of a parent to guide his child to make the right choices?

I know bullying is horribly wrong... but its a fact of life...

Promoting this is looking to get your child's head kicked in... In my humble opinion...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Same answer as the others... Not to many children ages 6-11 watch monty Python...

This is a cartoon dedicated to children...

Maybe it just me... but I can't see anything good about this kind cartoon...

Why? Because boys who really want to dress like girls will be encouraged to do so?

The only bad thing that can be really listed is that adults don't want children to do that. To that i say, "Quit trying to control everyone around you."

All this hand wringing over "the gay". It is stupid. WHy do people care what other people do with their genitals? Why all this interest?

No, I say let your children be what they will be. And then love them for WHO they are, not WHAT they are.

Bunch of shallow people i share this planet with. Jeezus.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It has nothing to do with being gay... I already addressed that in an earlier post...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are missing out the Powerpuff girls are cool

Oh and the end song is cool

Mojojojo is a great monkeybrain baddie.
edit on 19-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Looks like a decent cartoon... but again... they are girls, dressing like girls...

The targeted audience is likely more towards girls...

This is Not a boy dressing like a girl...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

They key word is conditioned. People's education should be something done completely different than what is has been evolving into this is only one aspect of it...

This is clearly being done surreptitiously, in what seems a planed way, examples abound. In any case parents are to blame they should be more attentive to children's education in the first place (if they intend to have them or any control over how they grow), if not they will be delegating that function into others and their private agendas...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Really though... what good will that do?

Its going to happen either way... why would I bother?

IF you had a young boy would you be happy with him dressing like wonder women... IF that was his favorite super hero?

Borrowing moms bra... ye know...

edit on 19-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Here is a picture of me, my wife, and my son dressed as Wonder Woman last Halloween.

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Your kids are going to do what your kids want to do regardless of what you want for them. All I hope to do is teach my son that all experiences and desires are valid and that no matter what he decides to do with his life, my love for him is unconditional.

All a TV show can teach him is that other people have experiences outside of his own.
edit on 19-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

haha... Fair enough...

Great pic too!

But I find that to be a little different.... that child has no clue what is going on...

Hes far to young to understand...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Here is Him...

So can transgendered cartoons only be baddies?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Most young boys try on their mothers underwear and turn out straight. It's the ones that try on Speedo's you wanna watch.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Promoting this is looking to get your child's head kicked in... In my humble opinion...

...teach your children how to handle these situations in the best way you see fit. With or without the cartoon, they're going to get picked on for something at least once in their life.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

It has nothing to do with being gay... I already addressed that in an earlier post...

At a young age, "gay" is expressed as gender identity. This has everything to do with being gay, and homophobia. You can "address it in a prior post" 6 ways to Sunday....it has to do with gender identity and sexuality. Or, that is the fear.

You say, "Nothing good can come of it." What do you mean by that? That something bad will come of it? Do you really think that it won't create any positive outcome?

You can speak from both sides of your mouth if you wish. But it doesn't change the fact that this thread is rooted in homophobic fears.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Akragon

Here is Him...

So can transgendered cartoons only be baddies?

Awwmahgad...

LMAO!!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Looks like a decent cartoon... but again... they are girls, dressing like girls...

I don't know, Buttercup always seemed kinda butch to me. And actually, lots of boys watched and adored the Powerpuff Girls. My male friends and I used to watch that show all that time when it first came out. My only regret is that we didn't dress up like them for Halloween!
edit on 19-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
In all honesty I dont think this cartoon is able to turn a straight child gay or anything like that. Other than maybe having a fetish later in life but who knows haha. I've not seen the cartoon but I'm guessing he turns into a transvestite to fight criminals bad guys whatever.

Not turning into a transvestite to have homoerotic relationships.

Besides being a transvestite doesn't mean he's gay.

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I don't know, Buttercup always seemed kinda butch to me.

lol that she was! Sfy

edit on 19-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

haha... Fair enough...

Great pic too!

But I find that to be a little different.... that child has no clue what is going on...

Hes far to young to understand...

I couldn't resist posting that picture, seeing as it was just about as apropos as it could possibly be! I couldn't believe it when I read your comment. I was like.. HAHA! Wait until he sees this.

The point is kind of the the exact point you are making though. This show wouldn't be a big deal in my house because transgenderism isnt a big deal in my home. When he is old enough to understand that there are perceived differences, he already has the tools in place to challenge the idea that gender is more than just a social construct, and that the way someone dresses or acts needs to have something to do with whether someone has an X chromosome.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I will be the one that says it's crap, because it is! I have no problem with anyone's sexuality, But I do have a problem with all the de sensitizing going on. Be it gay, or guts and gore, whatever.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Im2keul
I will be the one that says it's crap, because it is! I have no problem with anyone's sexuality, But I do have a problem with all the de sensitizing going on. Be it gay, or guts and gore, whatever.

So.. you don't have a problem with anyone's sexuality.. but you have a problem with gay 'de sensitizing'?

What does that even mean? You don't have a problem with it, but don't want anyone else to not have a problem with it?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

It means just as you read it, I could care less what people do for enjoyment. However I don't believe in all the glamourizing and recruiting. It's my opinion, like it or not.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

(on a related note, did anybody ever put on the girdle of femininity when playing D&D? Oh come on! I know I wasn't the only one.)

I did (shakes head in shame). My Barbarian fighter "Ralph" thought it was a girdle of strength. Henceforth the character was called "Raphaella".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join