It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Actually, one of the MOST INTOLERANT interest groups on the planet is the homosexual lobby. Worse, they are complicit in helping establish the oligarchy in absolute tyrannical control over the populace to wit the PTB will be executing all who do not worship satan and his image and accept his Mark.

Is that a fact! Do tell........

Btw, who's Mark? Satan's boyfriend?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by Glass

That is a big argument i have with people who do not have kids that pass judgement on parents or tell them what they should do or make rules for them. This is why I think all teachers should also be parents.

Just so I'm clear, I don't pass judgement on other people's parenting styles. They'll do what they think is right, and if that screws up their child, well so be it I guess.

I don't want my kids to fear and resent me like I did toward my father, so I will not be the same kind of parent my father was. I refuse. I want my children to be comfortable with who they are and feel loved and supported, not feeling like they're fundamentally screwed up and doing everything wrong.

Until you have a child, you have no idea. I do not care if you watch you niece, nephew, etc, you do not. My sister did the same garbage. I am going to do this and I am going to do that.

Hopefully by the time I have children I will have gained enough wisdom to raise them well.

You, as a parent, teach your children values and morals. Whether it comes from you, church or TV, they need that. The only thing a child needs is direction and discipline. That is it. Eventaully, in middle school, they define themselves but until then if you let you child do what it wants, 99% of the time you will have someone who DOES NOT respect you because they have no idea of the word. Then you will blame school, their friends, music and TV when it was you.

A child only needs direction and discipline? Wrong. They need love and support too.

Will this show make kids gay, no, but i bet it gets a few beat up.

And you wholeheartedly support kids beating up sissies don't you?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by supremecommander

If and when I decide to have children, they will be allowed to express themselves however they feel, and I would be there to support them regardless of their choices. Their happiness would be my only concern.

If you don't believe your children should follow their hearts, try denying their feelings and see how far that gets them.
edit on 21/6/2013 by Glass because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/6/2013 by Glass because: (no reason given)

Congratulations, you'll be rearing another spoiled, insolent brat. This way of thinking will lead you and your offspring into a world of trouble.

Thanks for the cheap shot. That's all I've come to expect of you.

What I meant was allowing my children to do things that don't harm anyone, that have to do with expressing themselves and discovering who they are.

Though if they decide to express themselves by having a shouting match with me, I'd put them somewhere quiet so they can cool off. If they decide to be a little rude turd like you're being, I'd incrementally restrict their privileges until they figure out how to act.

Do I sound like a pushover to you? I wouldn't be here arguing with you if I was.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well I guess that by now it's pretty clear that two sides have formed around this issue.

One side has, on a whole, expressed itself in a rational and polite manner, by advocating tolerance, comprehensive parenting, and general relativism over what is, after all, just a cartoon.

The other side has reacted, on a whole, in paranoid and agressive way, posted semi-delusional rants about the gay agenda, the destruction of 'murca, and rammed the god card down everyone's throat at every opportunity.

Thanks everyone for reminding me why my stance on this issue is what it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
I personally have no problem with people that want to dress a little... Out of the ordinary...

Though im not sooo sure it should be promoted with children ages 6-11...

Why, are you an expert on child psychology? I ask because I see nothing wrong with it. A television show isn't going to turn your kid into a transvestite or anything of the sort... Frankly it's idiotic to suggest that it would.

I saw an ad for this a few nights ago... and my jaw hit the floor...

What the hell is this world coming to?!?!

:shk:

Am I wrong about this?

Well, unless you can provide some information that suggests it's damaging in any way, I'd say yes, you're wrong about this. You're being paranoid and irrational about something that isn't a big deal.

I don't think it will destroy America or the world as the links say... but I think these are some bountries that probably shouldn't be broken here...

Maybe it's a little over your head - but the article was blatantly sarcastic - accusing religious activist groups of being insanely over-reactive.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

I understand you view, and when I say direction and discipline, love and attention are a given but thats is all some parents think are needed.

Discipline means saying no once in awhile, not spanking them. Sorry, I should have been more clear. A child needs direction as in it is more important to make sure they are engaged in something than it is you. Example - CHild is running around the house and the parent says, putting down their iPad, I do not know what is wrong. All I do is yell at them and they are crazy..(picks up iPad still ignoring child)...I think they are ADD and need some medicine.

NO, give them some direction you lazy bastard. Hug them all the time. Kiss the top of their head when they walk by. You let them know that you love them so when you have to say no they respect you.

I am sure you will be a great parent and again sorry for not having the full explanation in my post.

WIth kids cartoons, I am not sure if this is the way to go. It may be confusing to kids to be honest. It will raise more questions than it would answer I think. Why not just make a girl the superhero(PowerPuff Girls anyone?) or flat out make a gay character. That is my only issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Indeed, but if you are going to 'define gender' based on clothing, any girl character should never wear 'Male Clothes' which if we must define 'dresses' for girls, than 'pants' for boys?

so a similar reaction should be to any female character that wears pants, or even exhibits any 'Male Mannerisms' or acts more 'Manly', if you want to divide lines based off Gender

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

When you put it that way, it seems like there aren't really any "male clothes" any more.

There are gender-neutral clothes: pants, t-shirts, button-up shirts, sweaters, hoodies, sneakers, etc.

Then there are female clothes: skirts, dresses, low-cut tops, high heeled shoes, boots, etc.

Males have no definitive clothes of their own, everything that was once masculine has been adopted by females due to feminism.

This double standard drives me crazy!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Indeed, is anyone worried about their daughters become 'Masculine' or is it viewed as 'empowerment'?

that is why Drag Kings are not as 'Controversial' as Drag Queens, or i haven't heard similar uproar to 'Female Characters' exhibiting 'Male Characteristics'

you heard words like 'Powerful Woman' strong woman' etc, but with the roles reversed for males it's 'Feminine' and taking away the 'Masculinity' of males through some 'Agenda'

People are dividing Gender lines, but based on what and who?

Gay,Straight,Feminine,Masculine,Drag Queen,Drag King what does it truly 'Matter'?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Gay,Straight,Feminine,Masculine,Drag Queen,Drag King what does it truly 'Matter'?

NO IT DOESN'T

I think this thead is getting waaay out of hand... I hate to ask a moderator to close my own thread

But geez guys... :shk:
edit on 22-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you are correct, it doesn't, though it was more of a rhetorical question to issue a stronger point, one that is in direct relation to this Cartoon,

if we are dividing gender lines, where 'Male' is this, and 'Female' is that,what are those lines defined and who is the ultimate definer?

even within the small conversation within this topic, you can see the 'controversy' this cartoon may cause, but other cartoons who feature a female wearing 'Male clothes' engaging in 'Male Activities' it doesn't spark an outcry, or as much controversy

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If kids see it they May want to be it...or buy it....or try it...this cartoon will likely stem an interest in cross dressing in some young children...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

if we are dividing gender lines, where 'Male' is this, and 'Female' is that,what are those lines defined and who is the ultimate definer?

I think at the age group that this cartoon aimed at its the parent's roll to define said gender lines...

Unfortunately we live in a society that isn't quite as accepting as we should be... So for example...

IF a male child of this age group was to bust out a pink skirt and a lipstick light saber to emulate this superhero... he might be looked at as strange by his peers, and probably the parents of other children...

Now if that were to happen it would be up to the parent to defend his/her position to others as to exactly why it is appropriate...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Indeed, society has set the 'Gender Lines' and it begs a grander questions why is pink for girls and blue for boys? why if a boy plays with dolls he is 'Feminine' but if a girls plays with 'Boy Toys' it's not the same judgement?

Society has granted itself power to define certain things, in this example Gender by 'Group Think' and the Generations are going to continue down that path as long as we remain complacent

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well im sportin some pink in my avatar

The point is it is a valid issue... IF a boy shows up at school in a dress... he would likely get in trouble unless it was Halloween.

He might even be expelled... or get his head booted in like I said previously...

its sad but true... There are lines that are clearly defined by society... And im wondering if these lines should be crossed at such a early age...

Like it or not cartoons have a certain influence on children... and im not saying its influencing them to be gay... I've been trying to make that clear from the start of this thread...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well i am living for anything Alice in Wonderland so your avatar is fierce!

indeed, Girls can go to school in 'Boy Clothes' or 'Pants' yet a boy couldn't go to school in 'Female Clothes' or Dress, so another question would be why are Gender lines easily crossed by females at a more acceptable rate?

where do kids learn? Media,Society,Family, kids are smart, and are getting more savvy at an early age, indeed 'Media' and 'Television' has a lot to do with it, if a child sees a commercial daily about a toy, played by girls, advertised by girls, with 'pink' and 'lavender' colours etc, he will relate it to 'Girl things'

indeed this cartoon may influence, but it also may be an opportunity to teach a child about differences and tolerance

what age is appropriate? i believe Kids mature at various ages, that would depend on the child, and the parent i don't believe we can put a definitive 'Age' on when

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

why are Gender lines easily crossed by females at a more acceptable rate?

When it comes down to it, there are certain items of clothing that are designed for women... Like Dresses which are literally designed to attract the opposite sex... showing off the legs and possibly revealing more depending on the actions of said female... Which kinda makes it weird to have a small child in a dress when looked at from a certain perspective... I think pants, jeans... slacks or what have you... are generally unisex clothing...

what age is appropriate? i believe Kids mature at various ages, that would depend on the child, and the parent i don't believe we can put a definitive 'Age' on when

Again I would think the age things are appropriate is defined by the parent... who would or should know when and if his/her child is "mature" enough to understand such things...

I don't have a child so Im not really the right person to ask...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Maybe it's due to all the estrogen in the water ?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
When I see stuff like this, I envision a future where men and women wear the same clothing, without design to indicate sex. Everyone in this fiction world lives in a systematic-like way similar to robots. Ahem. That aside...

Personally, I don't have a problem with cartoons like this. I know the kids wont care. Adults are too anal about decorum and tend to blow things out of proportion. I HIGHLY doubt a child will watch this and discover their own unforeseen cross dressing tendencies.
unless, maybe, if it's halloween.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by Akragon

Well i am living for anything Alice in Wonderland so your avatar is fierce!

indeed, Girls can go to school in 'Boy Clothes' or 'Pants' yet a boy couldn't go to school in 'Female Clothes' or Dress, so another question would be why are Gender lines easily crossed by females at a more acceptable rate?

where do kids learn? Media,Society,Family, kids are smart, and are getting more savvy at an early age, indeed 'Media' and 'Television' has a lot to do with it, if a child sees a commercial daily about a toy, played by girls, advertised by girls, with 'pink' and 'lavender' colours etc, he will relate it to 'Girl things'

indeed this cartoon may influence, but it also may be an opportunity to teach a child about differences and tolerance

As a child, I grew up wearing boys clothing. (I'm female.) My reasoning? Girls clothing was too tight and uncomfortable. The sleeves too short on the shirts, they made my armpits sweat more than they should have and the bottoms of the shirts too short. The dresses my mother put me in were itchy. My choices weren't based on anything media related. It was all comfort related.

It just leads me to believe we should let kids be kids and stop trying to mold them into what society deems as acceptable.

Kids are usually tolerant by nature. It's what we teach them and what they are exposed to by society that makes them intolerant. Society, in it's current state, is poison. Hopefully this can be turned into a positive opportunity, as you've stated.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join