It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jazz story of a 10 year old transgender girl

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is a documentary about a 10 yr old transgendered girl. Born as a boy, Jazz has a gender identification disorder. Jazz has a loving, supportive family and is allowed to live as a girl, and wants to. It's an interesting documentary and sheds light unto the whole subject. In the documentary they eventually come the decision to block puberty. At any time if Jazz wishes to start puberty she can by stop taking the medication.

I know some people who say what her parents are doing isn't right, that they shouldn't allow her to dress or live as a girl, but she seems happy.

www.youtube.com...

Documentary is worth the watch. :up
edit on 19-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Okay, haven't got to the video yet, obviously, since you just posted it. But I am wondering for what purpose they are blocking her from going through puberty?

Otherwise, I think that's great that she has such a supportive family. There have been cases of children who killed themselves for being raised as the wrong gender (It was in a Nova documentary that I'm looking for on youtube now.)

Edit: Oh my bad. That Nova doc is about intersex infants, not exactly gender identification disorder (although they seem to overlap a bit.)
edit on 19-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Okay, haven't got to the video yet, obviously, since you just posted it. But I am wondering for what purpose they are blocking her from going through puberty?

Otherwise, I think that's great that she has such a supportive family. There have been cases of children who killed themselves for being raised as the wrong gender.

In the video they block the puberty to stop her from developing into a mature male, she said she had nightmares about it, ultimately it was her decision to block puberty, she didn't seem coaxed into wanting it, also noting that the doctor stated it could be reversed at any time.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Its to prevent her masculine hormones from making her hairy and man like i believe.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Its to prevent her masculine hormones from making her hairy and man like i believe.

Oh, I see. Thanks for answering. It seems quite obvious now.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
At 10 years old, do you really think that's old enough for such a monumental decision?

I just can't help but think there are some weird influences in this kid's life making him consider this.

I do wonder what is behind this recent gay "trend". It seems that maybe this kid is just taking it further? Seems all of my friends kids (even my step-kids) are gay or bi. Is it because it is the "cool" thing to be? Are they sincere? Is it just nature practicing population control? I don't know.

In the end, as long as they're happy I suppose (to each their own), but I just can't condone a 10yr old being capable of making that decision to medically alter himself.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
At 10 years old, do you really think that's old enough for such a monumental decision?

I just can't help but think there are some weird influences in this kid's life making him consider this.

I do wonder what is behind this recent gay "trend". It seems that maybe this kid is just taking it further? Seems all of my friends kids (even my step-kids) are gay or bi. Is it because it is the "cool" thing to be? Are they sincere? Is it just nature practicing population control? I don't know.

In the end, as long as they're happy I suppose (to each their own), but I just can't condone a 10yr old being capable of making that decision to medically alter himself.

It's not a permanent decision but I don't know, at 10 I didn't think I was a girl so I'm not sure if she is old enough as I never had to face something like that, I imagine it's challenging. I'd say this girl is sincere if you take time to watch the video you'll see it started very young, I don't think she did it to be cool or anything of that nature. She does genuinely seem happy and I'm sure she wouldn't be without such a supportive loving family. Let's face it the world is cruel, and gets off on being cruel, just take a look at youtube comment sections.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I understand where your coming from, but you got to think that he/she has to identify with one side or another.....would you want to go to Jr High or High School having an identity crisis in this situation?

A boy thats part girl would never make it in school.....they would haze and harass and torture this child.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The vid is erring for some reason, but from the still, looks like he makes a convincing girl at least. I don't know, just can't imagine the consequences if this decision comes back to bite them, and he reconsiders later. I guess they know him best, so as long as they are onboard.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hmm thats odd, maybe try clicking the youtube link?

Also another thing in the video is that she is infatuated with mermaids, they said a lot of gender id disorder children are as well due to the ambiguity of sexual parts below the waist. Just a tail is what Jazz found appealing.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think the alternative is worse actually. Children who have a desire to identify as the other gender, but aren't allowed to express it suffer psychologically for much of their lives (in other words, that desire usually doesn't go away.) If you saw my post above, you'll see that suicide has been the ultimate conclusion in some cases.

Many individuals with gender identity disorder become socially isolated, whether by choice or through ostracization, which can contribute to low self-esteem and may lead to school aversion or even dropping out. Peer ostracism and teasing are especially common...

...Suicide attempts and substance-related disorders are common.

www.psychologytoday.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In the video the mother said she had heard of suicide attempts as young as six years old!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yikes!

I know some Mermaids she could contact...
(as luck would have it).

(I have weird friends)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I know 3 gay men who killed themselves over the years. All because of family support being absent. Disowned by their fathers, in patriarchal families.

No This person....their life would be difficult on either path. I think that letting them choose which difficult path to walk down is the right call.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Watched the whole thing and it was pretty interesting. However...all I could think about was how nice that house was...

Vs.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I remember first hearing about this and being disgusted. While I still don't understand it, I'm starting to come around. These parents don't strike me as hippy dippy attention whores, and the kid certainly doesn't seemed forced at all. I would take issue with the hormone therapy, but it's reversible.

I'm going out on a limb and assuming none of us are the parents of transgender children so we probably don't completely "get it". I think it's important to remember that this whole thing started slowly, and that the parents dearly love the child and are doing the best they can to make that child feel accepted, loved and valued. I don't know what I would do if I were put in the same situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have always known stories of transgendered adults, but this is the first time I have heard it from a child. Fascinating! I think the parents and child are on the right track and wish Jazz a wonderful life.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm going out on a limb and assuming none of us are the parents of transgender children so we probably don't completely "get it". I think it's important to remember that this whole thing started slowly, and that the parents dearly love the child and are doing the best they can to make that child feel accepted, loved and valued. I don't know what I would do if I were put in the same situation.

No, but both of my stepkids seem to be convinced they are bi-sexual (so some similarities, at least in as much as their confusion over sexual identity). Hey, whatever makes them happy I suppose. It won't change how I love them like my own or anything. I'll always have their backs. It's still just post-high school, and for some reason it's kind of a fad these days to either pretend or actually be bi or gay. Whatever, as long as it works for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

it is very difficult to acknowledge your childs' sexuality. No one wants to think about their baby doing any of that stuff. I know I don't.

But you are correct: whatever makes them happy. We have children with the hopes of them having a long and happy life. Sexuality is certainly a part of a happy life.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join