It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool waterspout off the bridge today (6/19/13) (pic)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is the bridge I cross everyday to and from work. Guess this was not too long ago today...

From our local newspaper:

TAMPA — A waterspout formed near the Gandy Bridge as a thunderstorm rolled into Tampa Bay Wednesday afternoon.

The waterspout was reported about 12:30 p.m. and dissipated about 1 p.m., said Bay News 9 meteorologist Mike Clay.

"It was just a tiny, little storm right over the bay," Clay said. The storm, now weakening, was moving into South Tampa.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That is an awesome picture! Thanks for posting.
Sure has been some crazy weather the last few years.
Even a tornado in Colorado the other day.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Very cool. Speaking of odd weather...I am cleaning up from the aftermath of a tornado that hit my neighborhood last Thursday. I live in Cobb County in GA and this is the first confirmed tornado since 1999. EF-1 with 110mph winds. Took 7 trees down in my yard, 2 hit the house and have about $20k worth of damage. Nobody was hurt which is amazing but the power of this thing was like nothing I have ever witnessed before.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Glad to hear it was only damage and no injuries. Sorry to hear it though.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Nothing strange about a tornado in Colorado. On the front range it is not unusual for there to be dozens in a single day. In fact, many years Colorado records more tornados than any other state.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If anywhere but on a bridge, I would be ok and thinking how cool that it is. If I was on a bridge seeing that, my pants would be poopy!

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Man, that is horrible! Unfortunately, we have two massive trees where branches could fall on the house in a storm. I've been working on minimizing them, but I will need some kind of lift to do one of the trees. Way too high for even a long, long ladder.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Not a true statement. Maybe smaller E2 or less tornadoes, but nothing like other parts of the country. Possibly you live in a more active part of your state, but overall, Colorado does not get many.

For a complete list of Tornadoes, E3 and up, here is the link from NOAA (scroll down for annual lists):
www.spc.noaa.gov...

2010:

2011, which was a very small amount of Tornados for Colorado that year::

2012:

Peace

edit on 19-6-2013 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

This is the bridge I cross everyday to and from work.

Other than traffic isn't that a nice ride?

Although you don't always see them, waterspouts are always something interesting.

I remember living on the beach down in Manatee County, where I was on my back porch one morning and watched a waterspout move onto the beach although it didn't last long after coming ashore it was interesting to see.

S&F...

I am sorry for this off topic question, but how has the fishing been down there as of late?

I truly do miss it now that I am here in Atlanta....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Great photograph, as a kid up North at our cottage they were almost a weekly occurrence. They were mesmerizing and I always tried to catch one in our 14 foot aluminum boat with a 9.9 on her.....LOL it was like chasing a jet flying with a kite.

Now that I know better its a good thing I was cruising in a barge or I just might have caught one.

Thanks for posting that picture.

Yes and your commute does look nice I envy you.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover
[
edit on 20-6-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join