It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial hypothesis vs Jacques Vallee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
O I should of mentioned this earlier. When a certain ufo disappears, it not bending or reflecting light like the predator or that holographic tank the British military made, but literally hides from the light it even though its own light source.And yes anomalies in the eye are of great resemblance, but not the real thing.

God I wish someone would slap me around sometimes. Would of been great for my ego.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by AboveBoard

why wouldn't I, or anyone else, read your posts? You are extremely well spoken! In any event, you are welcome.

May I press a little harder with one more question?

Did your event happen during the day, or at night?

ETA: I can easily understand your reluctance to talk about it. So just disregard my question if it is too personal.

edit on 20-6-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

Early afternoon, of all things! And thank you much for the compliment. I do try :-)

peace,
AB

ps - the UFO sighting was daytime, under heavy grey cloud cover in the middle of the day as well...
edit on 20-6-2013 by AboveBoard because: stuff...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thanks for your awesome reply. I would NEVER ask you to elaborate on your experiences publicly for exactly the reasons you mention. I have one I only share with "friends" as well for a few different reasons. I was really young for one thing and as such have to consider it's validity from that standpoint.

Funny thing is though: On the surface it would seem ETH, but on reflection the...umm...let's say "symbology" involved brings up scores of stories throughout the ages that have traditionally fallen in the occult/paranormal realm. That's one reason why I asked you the question I did. That "bleed over" seems to happen to many folk. I'll probably share it here one day, but I haven't felt inclined to yet.

BTW: You're not a boring read at all as others have attested to here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you've done a lot of research and have expanded your concepts in the last year. Either that or you are opening up a lot more.

From your answer, I can see why you feel the way you do, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...I think you are inching closer to personal revelation. When I have the time to try and make it coherent, I will send you an account of the experience I referenced above. Glad you felt the hug, but not surprised...I put a lot of sincere energy in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Ok. Cool. Thanks!
I am always curious as to how people feel during these types of events. My personal experience was very different from your own, as I felt sheer terror. The kind of fear that is hard to even describe. It is a wonder I didn't go into cardiac arrest.

It is a complex issue at the psychological level and makes me lean towards the idea we are being visited by more than one type of being.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the truth of this matter may be that both ideas are correct. We may be being visited by both ET and something else simultaneously.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

I have to admit that is one of the better "apologetics" I have seen for the ETH in response to some of the IDH questions.

Tell you what: You keep an open mind and I will too. Peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Something else I wanted to mention about the video, that has been touched on already...

...when Vallee mentions these craft coming and going out of and into nothingness, he concludes that they aren't space ships because NASA won't be there in 50 years.

This reasoning is faulty.

We are already working on cloaking technology.
Who is to say the beings responsible are only 50 years ahead of us?
With the exponential increase in technology and the fact that we are currently unaware of how advanced our secret tech is, there is no way to know what NASA will look like in 50 years.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Why is the topic even divided into aliens vs dimensions?? Demons and angels is absolutely primitive way to explain things. If you want to say there are beings from another dimension, why wouldn't they be aliens from another universe bubble and planet? See? Still aliens, inter-dimensional. Are there inter-dimensional beings doesn't matter - the point is they would be aliens regardless if from the same dimension or not...

But currently let's firstly see if there are ANY beings at all..

It's like that: Aliens from the 4th dimension entered and visited here... they have their own world, planet, universe...

see the logic? I don't even think, this whole ET defenders - who is defending that IF there are aliens coming, they are absolutely from the same dimension - I think no one who is open for that possibility excludes aliens to be so advanced as to change dimension...

This is an old and needless 'Versus'
edit on 20-6-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by Mr Mask

Why do you even divide the topic into aliens vs dimensions??

If you want to say there are beings from another dimension, why wouldn't they be aliens from another universe bubble and planet? See? Still aliens, inter-dimensional. Are there inter-dimensional beings doesn't matter - the point is they would be aliens regardless if from the same dimension or not...

While the word "dimension" is useful in explaining the concept, maybe we put too much stock in the word. What if they are intelligent electromagnetically-charged plasmas that normally reside outside our own perceptual range? Then they would be native rather than alien no? There's probably more real science available to support that view than any other when I think about it.

But currently let's firstly see if there are ANY beings at all..

True.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

There is no certain evidence of either existing, however, when there are lots of clues of the second - very highly advanced craft, intelligent civilization sounds more plausible than plasma beings without a shape... Cases are not conclusive evidence but they are a direction of what is more probable.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Also, could someone either point me in the direction of, or explain in their own words what Vallee is talking about when he claims that he witnessed an artificial satellite in orbit before we had rockets capable of putting them there? Is he talking about the Black Knight?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by The GUT

There is no certain evidence of either existing, however, when there are lots of clues of the second - very highly advanced craft, intelligent civilization sounds more plausible than plasma beings without a shape... Cases are not conclusive evidence but they are a direction of what is more probable.

Hmmm, "clues" as opposed to science. Am I talking to Impactor? Clues are good don't get me wrong, but we do have Bohm's statement on the lifelike qualities of plasmas. In addition we have newly-discovered lifeforms around the deep sea vents that flourish in conditions previously believed immune to life.

We also know that EM effects on the mind can create high-strangeness episodes of stunning "reality." There's more, of course, but what's wrong with taking those clues from science and looking a little closer to home?

edit on 20-6-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

There are many cases, some of them are more than just clues, example:

actual craft..., saying that people haven't told the truth out of all accounts of encountering an object, often times seen as metallic, sounds unserious. - I wonder how many of those pictures they have hidden away from public, leaving only some bogus blob object photos for the wide audience.

There is more evidence of craft than there is of plasma beings. Oh right, I don't know any evidence of being plasma life forms at all.

What is more probable is if they change dimension or their material state including that of their ship but fact is, a lot more accounts of such flying objects than simply floating plasma beings.
edit on 20-6-2013 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Something I have always found interesting is when paranormal researchers say that open electrical fields seem to be a pathway, of sorts, for ghosts to appear.
Something else open electrical fields are known to produce is a sense of paranoia for anyone near the field. Could be a link...and could be linked to your remarks about "high strangeness."

But I wouldn't be prepared to write this stuff off that way without seeing some very hard science. Reason being isthat it flies in the face of my personal experience.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Hey again, The GUT!

Thanks for your awesome reply. I would NEVER ask you to elaborate on your experiences publicly for exactly the reasons you mention. I have one I only share with "friends" as well for a few different reasons. I was really young for one thing and as such have to consider it's validity from that standpoint.

Got it - and I appreciate it very much. If you ever choose to share, I would consider it an honor - but I would also never ever ask for something outside someone's comfort zone!

Funny thing is though: On the surface it would seem ETH, but on reflection the...umm...let's say "symbology" involved brings up scores of stories throughout the ages that have traditionally fallen in the occult/paranormal realm. That's one reason why I asked you the question I did. That "bleed over" seems to happen to many folk. I'll probably share it here one day, but I haven't felt inclined to yet.

I, too, am very interested in the "bleed over" aspect of some cases. I see there is a quality of "ancient-ness" as well, not only in the possibility of long-term interaction with ET and other (imo) paranormal phenomena, or whatever is happening in a given situation. Our ability to perceive things is on such a narrow band-width (of sound and light for example) that something doesn't have to be ID at all - merely able to be outside human perception. Energy vortices and "gates" to altered perception (ie the larger ley lines, etc.) or some kind of perception-altering or consciousness-altering, whether it be energetic, meditation-induced or otherwise, seems to be involved in many cases as well. I'm still feeling that there is a diversity of answers here, as even within the "bleed over" there are some distinct and unique differences.

BTW: You're not a boring read at all as others have attested to here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you've done a lot of research and have expanded your concepts in the last year. Either that or you are opening up a lot more.

Why, thank you!!! The answer (again) is both! AB 2.0 = Expanded and more open! :-)

I'm in a "constant state of refinement" and knowledge gathering. At this point, I've got so much info simmering in my brain that I'm trying to let my subconscious chew on it for a little while to see what it can make of it - lol! It is a complex pattern - I like complexity - and "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in [MY] philosophy." (Modified Hamlet) While I rely on what I 'know' I also 'know' my knowledge is painfully limited.

Thank you again for your question - always a pleasure to be asked to pull my thoughts into coherent order!
And thank you for responding back. Virtual-Hugs ALWAYS welcome, too!

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Something I have always found interesting is when paranormal researchers say that open electrical fields seem to be a pathway, of sorts, for ghosts to appear.
Something else open electrical fields are known to produce is a sense of paranoia for anyone near the field. Could be a link...and could be linked to your remarks about "high strangeness."

But I wouldn't be prepared to write this stuff off that way without seeing some very hard science. Reason being isthat it flies in the face of my personal experience.

Interesting! I will put that into the mental-soup as well. There is plenty of evidence for extremely low sound frequencies beneath our hearing inducing states of terror, as well. Frequencies definitely do effect the nervous system, and in turn, the emotional state. Thank you for the reminder!!!
peace,
AB
edit on 20-6-2013 by AboveBoard because: clarity, dahlink, clarity...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

Yeah, good point. Although the author of the following book tends to argue that EM effects are totally responsible for these phenomena, I actually think many of his case histories suggest otherwise. Interesting reading either way:

Electric Ufos: Fireballs, Electromagnetics and Abnormal States

As far as elaborating on plasma lifeforms, and science that might support such a theory, I've done it so many times here. Plus there are some good threads on the subject. I'll dig up some links in a bit and post them.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I have read many threads on the subject of plasma life forms. I don't really see any reason to doubt they exist, actually. My objection would be that they are responsible for UFO sightings.

Perhaps some, like the orbs. Foo fighters.
But not all, or even most, in my estimation.

Take the Belgian Wave, for instance. This just screams nuts and bolts to me...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by The GUT

I have read many threads on the subject of plasma life forms. I don't really see any reason to doubt they exist, actually. My objection would be that they are responsible for UFO sightings.

Perhaps some, like the orbs. Foo fighters.
But not all, or even most, in my estimation.

Take the Belgian Wave, for instance. This just screams nuts and bolts to me...

I don't generally disagree with your thoughts in principle. However, and I somewhat hate to go here--especially since I used to put much stock in the Belgian Wave, but there is some suggestion of evidence that the Belgian Wave could have been an exercise of the U.S. I'm not saying it was, but that angle deserves a hard look.

Now the Iranian event...that's somewhat of a different story. Although when all is said and done with that incidence, we are still left with a bunch of EM effects and balls of light which brings us back to the ETH vs EDH issue.

I rule out none of the above at this point and enjoy the thoughts of the active posters here, but I do admit that I'm personally finding more and more reasons to view the phenomena in a broader spectrum.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Of course.
That question comes up nearly every time you have a verified event. Or at least, verified and "in your face" about it. 13,500 witnesses is an insane number.

It is a question I have pondered myself many times. It is a little tough for me to swallow though. Military exercises don't normally take place over populated areas like that. Also, the craft itself is truly bizarre. It would be very, very risky for any government to display their latest and greatest tech in such a manner (what if the craft had fallen out of the sky for some reason?)

In any event, I too am pretty open to many possibilities in regards to the phenomenon. Lately I have even started contemplating the theories stating this is all in our heads. I just can't figure out why the phenomenon is SO DAMN elusive

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I still cling to the ETH hypothesis...thinking that the otherworlders that ocassionally visit our planet, are subject to the natural laws of physics ----- into which we certainly still do not know all of them ---- because we have not reached the realm of interstellar travel yet.

A magnetically controlled electrified plasma field.... that surrounds interstellar capable starships --- are probably a basic form of energy --- not only needed as fuel to propel the photon driven starship on dark locations, such as planets that lack starlight photons; but would still be needed to absorb hypersonic sound waves, burn-out landings and as a tool for use as a weapon of mass destruction.

Any IDH, can possibly be explained away as technological means of visual communcation from the otherworlders to Earthlings... such as in the use of a possible sophisticated form of laser holographic imagery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join